Gymcelling Megathread

mm I lift 3x a week right now and treadmill+jump rope x2 a week, I'll try 2 a day though. Thank you

He's memeing, don't listen to him. I'd recommend getting on a program from r/Fitness, they have quite a few solid ones. Add to that your existing cardio routine, and I'm sure you'll be happy with the results assuming you stay consistent.

• +1
Reactions: Never_Began
He's memeing, don't listen to him. I'd recommend getting on a program from r/Fitness, they have quite a few solid ones. Add to that your existing cardio routine, and I'm sure you'll be happy with the results assuming you stay consistent.
I'm doing greyskull LP atm to regain STR.

• +1
Reactions: Tricky
Should i exercise legs if i want T boost, but only want my upper body to become bigger? If yes, what should i do exactly to just tone legs, but minimise their hypertrophy?

Should i exercise legs if i want T boost, but only want my upper body to become bigger? If yes, what should i do exactly to just tone legs, but minimise their hypertrophy?
To get the t boost from training legs you have to go heavy which will cause hypertrophy. Nothing wrong with big quads though.

How often do you guys increase weight? Every 4 weeks?

How often do you guys increase weight? Every 4 weeks?

On big compound lifts, adding 2.5lbs to Bench/OHP and 5lbs to Squat and Deadlifts is the most common progression.

Novices can add this type of weight multiple times a week. Intermediate lifters once a week, and Advanced once a month.

Keep in mind that the average 200lb male can reach a 200LB OHP, 300LB Bench, 400LB Squat, and 500LB Deadlift are considered advanced numbers (usually 4+ years of structured training).

If your personal lifts are significantly below these numbers, and you are still unable to add weight every week like an Intermediate, then refer to this checklist.

1. Are you sleeping enough?
2. Are you eating enough food?
3. Are you resting long enough between sets?

On big compound lifts, adding 2.5lbs to Bench/OHP and 5lbs to Squat and Deadlifts is the most common progression.

Novices can add this type of weight multiple times a week. Intermediate lifters once a week, and Advanced once a month.

Keep in mind that the average 200lb male can reach a 200LB OHP, 300LB Bench, 400LB Squat, and 500LB Deadlift are considered advanced numbers (usually 4+ years of structured training).

If your personal lifts are significantly below these numbers, and you are still unable to add weight every week like an Intermediate, then refer to this checklist.

Hit/close to those but my OHP is poverty.

Hit/close to those but my OHP is poverty.

So aside from your OHP, you may find that adding weight every 4 weeks is the natural schedule for you, at least until you reach a point where you've maxed out your Advanced limits.

So I could go to the gym, hit up the big lifts and add that amount every week assuring strength gains?

Alright; thanks.
Arnold press and reverse cable delt flys are god tier for shoulders. Used to think cannonball delts were genetic. I was fucking wrong bro start doing these

• +1
Reactions: SquareChinOrDeath
So I could go to the gym, hit up the big lifts and add that amount every week assuring strength gains?

Assuming enough volume (workload), and that you go through the checklist, then yes, you can add weight on that frequency for at least a year before adding every 2-4 weeks.

Tips on getting my 1.5 mile time below 10 mins?

High quality post

I NEED to start going to the gym. Idk why I have this idea that gym overall is cope. But it has brought so many guys back to life that there’s no doubt that it helps. I just need to find a purpose in something. I’m Legitimately watching myself decay at this point...

High quality post

I NEED to start going to the gym. Idk why I have this idea that gym overall is cope. But it has brought so many guys back to life that there’s no doubt that it helps. I just need to find a purpose in something. I’m Legitimately watching myself decay at this point...

Go to the gym and do something that's enjoyable. If nothing is, then find the least objectionable thing you can do there, and do it with a predetermined level of frequency. The goal is to keep going for years and years, not burn out in 3 months like most normies.
Tips on getting my 1.5 mile time below 10 mins?

Good question. I'd check out r/Running for advice on running form. Besides that, running on an incline will add resistance, making running on a flat surface easier. You can use a treadmill for this, or just find a hill that you can run up.

Go to the gym and do something that's enjoyable. If nothing is, then find the least objectionable thing you can do there, and do it with a predetermined level of frequency. The goal is to keep going for years and years, not burn out in 3 months like most normies.

Good question. I'd check out r/Running for advice on running form. Besides that, running on an incline will add resistance, making running on a flat surface easier. You can use a treadmill for this, or just find a hill that you can run up.
doing it right, I can get some results in 6 month I'll see some results, wouldn't I? (really 11 but those 5 months were the months I was doing SS meme edition and I dunno if they really count, I saw some results nonetheless)

doing it right, I can get some results in 6 month I'll see some results, wouldn't I? (really 11 but those 5 months were the months I was doing SS meme edition and I dunno if they really count, I saw some results nonetheless)

I don't quite understand, so correct me if I missed something. You can see results in 6 months, assuming you add weight/reps to your lifts, which is the easiest way to track an increase in muscle size beyond literally measuring your muscles. If you're stronger now than you were a month ago, you've increased your muscle size.

I don't quite understand, so correct me if I missed something. You can see results in 6 months, assuming you add weight/reps to your lifts, which is the easiest way to track an increase in muscle size beyond literally measuring your muscles. If you're stronger now than you were a month ago, you've increased your muscle size.
well, one things is strength results (even if I did do SS meme edition I got those) and another thing is aesthetic results. How much time until those really (getting the lifts up (durr) et al)?

well, one things is strength results (even if I did do SS meme edition I got those) and another thing is aesthetic results. How much time until those really (getting the lifts up (durr) et al)?
Ussaly takes a day or 3 max, muscle growth and strenght growth takes time. Ussaly I notice by the way a girl compliments me too

Required reading for this topic:
https://www.strongerbyscience.com/size-vs-strength/
https://muscleandstrengthpyramids.com/counting-training-volume-greg-nuckols/

Muscle size and Strength are not the same, but they are related. That's the tl;dr. How long until you look good? No way of guessing, too many factors

Required reading for this topic:
https://www.strongerbyscience.com/size-vs-strength/
https://muscleandstrengthpyramids.com/counting-training-volume-greg-nuckols/

Muscle size and Strength are not the same, but they are related. That's the tl;dr. How long until you look good? No way of guessing, too many factors
interesting reads tbh. Anyway I'm not going to stop gymcelling anytime soon soo
Ussaly takes a day or 3 max
I think you made a typo bro

interesting reads tbh. Anyway I'm not going to stop gymcelling anytime soon soo

I think you made a typo bro
Mistype. Dont stop gymcelling. I used to have a hard time when I was a skinny looseskincel. I now attract women pretty easily. I would say height comes into play. If your a 5' 6'' not much will change, but if your 6' 1'' like me, it matters a lot more and bassicly is like putting a cheat code in life (with dedication and proper training). Ive read many articles and know life experiences so I can anwser you more questions bro

but if your 6' 1'' like me,
I'm crying in 5'11", maybe one day I'll reach 6', maybe...

But if you are tall, all you need is to gymcel and you will get girls. Tallcel = volcel

I'm crying in 5'11", maybe one day I'll reach 6', maybe...

But if you are tall, all you need is to gymcel and you will get girls. Tallcel = volcel

I would agree, unless your a shrek. 5' 11'' is not bad at all bro,
I admit im a volcel by far, more of an axietycel. Of course Its a bit harder to attract above 60th percentile with my average face, but you never know. Maybe I can attract them but not LTR. But we can all agree gymcelling is better than mewing or anything else.

5' 11'' is not bad at all bro,
I know, but it's barely ok you know, it always can be better
But we can all agree gymcelling is better than mewing or anything else.
dunno but mew is life and it's way easier than gymcelling; everyone should mew instead of getting (((braces))) or some shit

I know, but it's barely ok you know, it always can be better

dunno but mew is life and it's way easier than gymcelling; everyone should mew instead of getting (((braces))) or some shit

Its not barely ok, its fine as long as your not short. Gymcelling gives an effect even if your short but really bad one.

Imo gymcelling is easier for me and better, also better for social circles.

Try to train for size and not for strength.
Strength wins you fights but size gets you girls and respect from male friends.

Higher reps (8-15) > Low reps
Rep ranges dont matter for size/strength. what matters is total volume. as long as you are getting stronger and adding weight or reps to the bar (progressive overload) you will get bigger and stronger. remember size and strength is correlated.

You gotta be careful in the gym. It's so easy to get carried away and end up with long term physical problems. Like my perpetually fucked neck, from lifting too much. I speak to some of the older dudes who have been working out for 15-20 years and are totally ripped - loads of them have injuries of various kinds from overdoing it. Spoke to a guy tonight who has fucked his pecs from bench pressing over the years, to the point where he can't even lift his own kid without feeling excruciating pain.

Personally I have gotten much more satisfying results and less injury by lifting lighter weights, but DOING IT SLOWLY. Like I will do curls with just 25lb dumbbells, but super slowly in both directions so that each rep takes 5-7 seconds. The slow reps are where the challenge is at IMO.

Also, I've replaced a lot of free weight exercises with just rowing and pull-ups. Rowing is fucking incredible man, there's barely a muscle in your body it doesn't work, including your legs. An excellent all-round builder if you don't like the idea of swimming. Pull-ups are insanely effective at developing shoulders, upper back and biceps. In fact I actually prefer them for biceps than curls. And don't forget the dips either - excellent tricep builder.

Try rowing for an hour with the rowing machine on the toughest setting. You'll have trouble standing up by the end of it, lol.

Fuck I need to jump back on this gym thing. Always miss it when I stop going but always can't be bothered when I have gym membership lol. I need to find a gym which also has boxing equipment or training facilities.

I'm on a huge cut right now and have too much university work to do, but after Christmas holidays and new year I think it will be a good time to resume.

Rep ranges dont matter for size/strength. what matters is total volume. as long as you are getting stronger and adding weight or reps to the bar (progressive overload) you will get bigger and stronger. remember size and strength is correlated.
They are correlated but not directly linked. Rep ranges do matter, but not as much as some people believe.

You can have really small guys lifting huge amounts of weight cause they train at a low rep range and don't have size genetics.

• +1
Reactions: Nibba
huge discounts on myprotein (and their pricecs are cheap even without discounts...)

• +1
Reactions: SquareChinOrDeath
huge discounts on myprotein (and their pricecs are cheap even without discounts...)

1 dollar has been deposited into your account from myprotein

How does the idea of all us starting an Instagram account uploading photos once per day of only our progress and nothing else (aka memes/politics/hobbies/whatever) sounds?

I'm thinking of social media and especially Instagram because of two reasons: 1.that's where all the normalfaggots obsessed with physical appearance are and if we really manage to make huge progresses we will be noticed by them aka confirmation of our progress and 2.The obligation of having to upload a pic each day forces onto us some kind of responsibility of having to workout each day and prove both to ourselves and to everyone else that we are trying.

I'm starting one,if anyone wants to join and follow each other feel free to tell me.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Nibba
How does the idea of all us starting an Instagram account uploading photos once per day of only our progress and nothing else (aka memes/politics/hobbies/whatever) sounds?

I'm thinking of social media and especially Instagram because of two reasons: 1.that's where all the normalfaggots obsessed with physical appearance are and if we really manage to make huge progresses we will be noticed by them aka confirmation of our progress and 2.The obligation of having to upload a pic each day forces onto us some kind of responsibility of having to workout each day and prove both to ourselves and to everyone else that we are trying.

I'm starting one,if anyone wants to join and follow each other feel free to tell me.
Pm me brah

They are correlated but not directly linked. Rep ranges do matter, but not as much as some people believe.

You can have really small guys lifting huge amounts of weight cause they train at a low rep range and don't have size genetics.

First, strength and muscle mass are very STRONGLY correlated (pearson coeff. r=0.8) for the SAME individual.

You realize that freaks like the guy you posted are 1 in a million. Its a combination of leverages, muscle tendon insertions in the muscle groups involved, hyperefficient nervous system for recruiting HTMUs, and as you said piss poor size genetics

Good start , but this can be dramatically improved

Gymcucking is cope

What are the best exercises to do to get rid of muffin top-like sides. Also its smart to ease into gymcelling right?

I plan on focusing more on losing weight than gaining muscle, so would cardio be the best for that?

What are the best exercises to do to get rid of muffin top-like sides. Also its smart to ease into gymcelling right?

I plan on focusing more on losing weight than gaining muscle, so would cardio be the best for that?
You most likely just have fat at your sides, when you lose fat they go away. Cardio is not necressary but stationary bike and treadmill are most popular.

You most likely just have fat at your sides, when you lose fat they go away. Cardio is not necressary but stationary bike and treadmill are most popular.
Yeah its fat at my sides. So if cardio isn't necessary then what would be the best routine to lose weight, or can it just be a whole bunch of exercise in general?

Do this;

Intermittent fasting not needed but is good I’ve lost 80lbs with these and intermittent fasting,

With HITT cardio 2-4 times a week depending on how fast you want to lose ur weight

A beginner weight routine start off with a basic PUSH PULL LEG, for three days then improve it to a 6 day workout in a few months

Calories in v out, calculate ur cals, then go below 500 for a month then go to 700 or more to lose the weight faster. But I’d stick to 700 max just do more cardio really.

Track ur cals with myfitnesspal

That’s about it, it’s honestly easy to lose weight at the start but gets very challenging at the end in the body and mind, GL.

@Nibba I need your advice brogre

Best gymcelling for losing weight and losing fat at the sides?
Eat at caloric deficit and and make sure you do HIIT cardio every other day at the gym

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 611
Best gymcelling for losing weight and losing fat at the sides?

gym 5-6 days bro split a week for activity, cardio post workout, dont drop kcals too low, eat high protein. Do this for a long period of time.

if you have stims etc, then you can get away with dropping kcals very low. look into PSMF if you have stims on hand and want fast results.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 611 and Nibba
Eat at caloric deficit and and make sure you do HIIT cardio every other day at the gym
gym 5-6 days bro split a week for activity, cardio post workout, dont drop kcals too low, eat high protein. Do this for a long period of time.

if you have stims etc, then you can get away with dropping kcals very low. look into PSMF if you have stims on hand and want fast results.
Ok thanks for the advice :feelshehe:

I’m starting tomorrow :feelsautistic: