Gymmaxxing does not fucking matter if you aren't training neck

princeofpeace

princeofpeace

Bronze
FvHjhoCXgAUlt1X

Just look at this pic of Meeks w a thin pencil neck vs a thick masculine one.

It is more masculine and if you were to look at him on the left, you wouldn't ever guess he has a good physique but just frail and skinny.

Don't worry about Ramus and jaw it will still be there lol.

Here's some exercises you can start to train your neck:

1) Neck Curl

The neck curl targets the front of the neck (most important for aesthetics).

If you’re starting off, you can use just your body weight or a light weight. As you progress, slowly raise the weight. Focus on the contraction, and aim for ~ 3 sets of 10-15 reps

Literally just lay your back on a bench, put a dumbbell or a plate over your face with a towel between and curl it like your neck is a bicep.

2) Neck Harness
The neck harness strengthens the back and sides of the neck (important for posture).

Your local gym might have one, or you can buy one on Amazon for ~ $20.

We want to focus on progressive overload, so every time either: raise the weight / increase the reps

3) Barbell Shrug

The barbell shrug mainly targets the upper traps.

But if you do it properly and squeeze at the top, you get a nice contraction at the base of the neck.

This is also great for overall shoulder stability and posture.
credit to this guy, basically the same shit I wrote because I copy-pasted and it has video guides.

But honestly, if you aren't doing this you're majorly cucking yourself because nobody is going to see you shirtless 24/7 and especially in the cold when you're wearing jackets and hoodies it gets harder to.

Train that neck and get some neck.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Danish_Retard, rooman, 5.5psl and 2 others
saying it wont matter if you dont train your neck is a bit of a stretch isnt it

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: buflek, princeofpeace and Kebab Master
Wrong section, nobody browsed this section I suggest posting it again

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: rooman, 5.5psl and princeofpeace
Btw should I train my neck if I don’t have broad shoulders yet?

I think having thick neck along with narrow shoulders will looks bad.

• +1
Reactions: princeofpeace and BrahminBoss
FvHjhoCXgAUlt1X

Just look at this pic of Meeks w a thin pencil neck vs a thick masculine one.

It is more masculine and if you were to look at him on the left, you wouldn't ever guess he has a good physique but just frail and skinny.

Don't worry about Ramus and jaw it will still be there lol.

Here's some exercises you can start to train your neck:

1) Neck Curl

The neck curl targets the front of the neck (most important for aesthetics).

If you’re starting off, you can use just your body weight or a light weight. As you progress, slowly raise the weight. Focus on the contraction, and aim for ~ 3 sets of 10-15 reps

Literally just lay your back on a bench, put a dumbbell or a plate over your face with a towel between and curl it like your neck is a bicep.

2) Neck Harness
The neck harness strengthens the back and sides of the neck (important for posture).

Your local gym might have one, or you can buy one on Amazon for ~ $20.

We want to focus on progressive overload, so every time either: raise the weight / increase the reps

3) Barbell Shrug

The barbell shrug mainly targets the upper traps.

But if you do it properly and squeeze at the top, you get a nice contraction at the base of the neck.

This is also great for overall shoulder stability and posture.
credit to this guy, basically the same shit I wrote because I copy-pasted and it has video guides.

But honestly, if you aren't doing this you're majorly cucking yourself because nobody is going to see you shirtless 24/7 and especially in the cold when you're wearing jackets and hoodies it gets harder to.

Train that neck and get some neck.

Cope

I agree, but it depends on your exercise selection and head size. I have a large mogger skull with dense bones, so my neck became muscular from supporting my head during running, shoulder press, and chin-ups. If I did shrugs, I would look like goofy. If you have a small skull or lighter bones, you should definitely do some shrugs.

• +1
Reactions: autistic_tendencies and princeofpeace
Btw should I train my neck if I don’t have broad shoulders yet?

I think having thick neck along with narrow shoulders will looks bad.
Yes you should just continue training shoulders and do it more often so they grow also, you dont need to train neck fully but do some sort of exercise so at least it doesn't look pencil-y

Do neck bridging and handstand push ups

• +1
Reactions: princeofpeace