Telomere attrition
Epigenetic alterations
Loss of Proteostasis
Deregulated nutrient sensing
Mitochondrial dysfunction
Cellular senescence
Stem cell exhaustion

-----------------------------

I talked quite a bit about Mitochondrial dysfunction and Cellular senescence recently, and what exactly to do to prevent them. You'll find meditation and stress management very helpful for promoting positive Epigenetic alterations. Deregulated nutrient sensing is heavily linked to insulin and glucose control, so dyor on that. As for slowing Telomere attrition, there's lots of things you can do to keep that process slow. There's nothing specific and no tricks. It really comes down to being healthy and living healthily.

• +1
  • Love it
  • Woah
Reactions: RAITEIII, noped, LordNorwood and 4 others
What's that point called when for each year you live, technology will push your life expentancy by more than that?

positive Epigenetic alterations

Resistance training has also been proven time and time again to be beneficial in terms of epigenetic changes.

"Resistance exercise training significantly improved upper and lower body strength concurrently with diverse genome-wide DNA methylation and gene expression changes (p ≤ 0. 01). DNA methylation changes occurred at multiple regions throughout the genome in context with genes and CpG islands, and in genes relating to axon guidance, diabetes and immune pathways." [1]

"Our findings confirm the potential of EMRT to induce an adaptive change in the antioxidant protein systems at systemic level and suggest a putative role of resistance training in the reduction of global DNA methylation. Moreover, we observed that EMRT counteracts the telomeres’ shortening in a manner that proved to be directly correlated with the amelioration of redox homeostasis and efficacy of training regime, evaluated as improvement of both muscle's power/strength and functional parameters." [2]

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: TheMewingBBC and x30001
What's that point called when for each year you live, technology will push your life expentancy by more than that?
Don't understand what you're asking tbh. What's the term used for progression in the field of technology relating the longer lifespan? IDK tbh. Are you talking about Moors Law? That's a law/theory on how processing power increases at an exponential rate.

Sry I can't answer this. I just really don't know what you're asking? :(

• So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 2205
Don't understand what you're asking tbh. What's the term used for progression in the field of technology relating the longer lifespan? IDK tbh. Are you talking about Moors Law? That's a law/theory on how processing power increases at an exponential rate.

Sry I can't answer this. I just really don't know what you're asking? :(
The current technology invented that year will push his life expectency for more than the year he just lived essentially.
So you live 1 year but anti aging metods increase your life expectency by 2 years.

Apparently this could happen in our lifetime. But at the same time this generation isn't special really. One day we will eventually be forgotten. I'm sure people in the 1900s thought in a similar way, but now almost the whole population around that time is deceased.

I know some of these words

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Stingray, LordNorwood and x30001
Resistance training has also been proven time and time again to be beneficial in terms of epigenetic changes.

"Resistance exercise training significantly improved upper and lower body strength concurrently with diverse genome-wide DNA methylation and gene expression changes (p ≤ 0. 01). DNA methylation changes occurred at multiple regions throughout the genome in context with genes and CpG islands, and in genes relating to axon guidance, diabetes and immune pathways." [1]

"Our findings confirm the potential of EMRT to induce an adaptive change in the antioxidant protein systems at systemic level and suggest a putative role of resistance training in the reduction of global DNA methylation. Moreover, we observed that EMRT counteracts the telomeres’ shortening in a manner that proved to be directly correlated with the amelioration of redox homeostasis and efficacy of training regime, evaluated as improvement of both muscle's power/strength and functional parameters." [2]
Yep absolutely. It comes back to the "everything that is good, is good, and does good" ideology. Once DNA is Methylated, the expression for the Methylated gene is turned off. Lifestyle and Environmental factors cause DNA Methylation on specific genes. If you're lifting and exercising hard, it makes sense that you should retain correct expression from the genes needed for exercising your daily habits. If you're not meditating, exercising, resting well, and doing everything you should to improve yourself, you'll also lose important expression from genes that'll gradually cause positive changes. And the genes that express when you carry out bad habits won't get Methylated because expression from said genes are needed to create your reality and epigenetic adaptions, directly connected to your ongoing habits. Some people still say meditation is cope, smh.

Deregulated nutrient sensing is heavily linked to insulin and glucose control, so dyor on that.
Sounds linked to the research I've done on fasting. Fasting has excellent benefits for insulin sensitivity and obviously if you fast long enough your blood glucose will drop ridiculously low.
I can get into it with a thread later after I brush up on the research again but I firmly believe that if you want to age well one of the best things you can do is eat as infrequently as possible and eat low-carb, basically do everything in your power not to spike your insulin frequently and to keep the spikes as low as possible.

LEAF tier thread, love this kind of content

• Love it
Reactions: x30001
The current technology invented that year will push his life expectency for more than the year he just lived essentially.
So you live 1 year but anti aging metods increase your life expectency by 2 years.

Apparently this could happen in our lifetime. But at the same time this generation isn't special really. One day we will eventually be forgotten. I'm sure people in the 1900s thought in a similar way, but now almost the whole population around that time is deceased.
Yeah man I'm not so convinced about this 1 year of living = 2 years of increased life expectancy, without doing anything besides existing and hoping technology will make you immortal. I think some first hand initiative is always needed no matter what the task is.

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: berlin.1969, LordNorwood and Deleted member 2205
Yeah man I'm not so convinced about this 1 year of living = 2 years of increased life expectancy, without doing anything besides existing and hoping technology will make you immortal. I think some first hand initiative is always needed no matter what the task is.
This, I guarantee if you stratify this by wealth you'll find that being rich drastically increases your chances of taking advantage of this tech in the first place :LOL:
Lmao at people thinking everyone will be immortal 100 years from now or something. Not to get too tinfoil but if it was ever discovered how to make a person biologically immortal it would be kept insanely under wraps. Imagine the hell that would break loose if everyone knew that literal immortality was on the table.

• +1
Looks like I can't LDAR for eternity. There was a sppecific term for it I just forgot it.
How long do you think the current lifespan of this generation is (millenial and gen Z)

This, I guarantee if you stratify this by wealth you'll find that being rich drastically increases your chances of taking advantage of this tech in the first place :LOL:
Lmao at people thinking everyone will be immortal 100 years from now or something. Not to get too tinfoil but if it was ever discovered how to make a person biologically immortal it would be kept insanely under wraps. Imagine the hell that would break loose if everyone knew that literal immortality was on the table.
It's pretty much imposssible to predict where technology wil be.
"theorists" are also wrong as well. I remember that most theorists in the 1900s thought that the world would be much more evolved by now.

• +1
Reactions: LordNorwood
  • +1
Reactions: RAITEIII
Sounds linked to the research I've done on fasting. Fasting has excellent benefits for insulin sensitivity and obviously if you fast long enough your blood glucose will drop ridiculously low.
I can get into it with a thread later after I brush up on the research again but I firmly believe that if you want to age well one of the best things you can do is eat as infrequently as possible and eat low-carb, basically do everything in your power not to spike your insulin frequently and to keep the spikes as low as possible.
Absolutely man. It comes down to hormesis. Counterbalancing the activation of all nutrient sensing pathways, by being intricate with the factors that activity these pathways (insulin and glucose being 2 factors involved in activating certain pathways). You want to deliberately balance it all the best you can. mTOR/AMPK being the main pathways to counterbalance, but also being aware of everything else that plays into nutrient sensing, and making sure no pathway or hormone is under-expressed or over-expressed, because there's direct reciprocity between certain pathways and hormones. mTOR/AMPK being the main 2-way switch. Being aware of FOXO proteins, Sirtuins, GLUT-4 and activating/utilizing them frequently helps a lot. Keeping Testosterone, GH and IGF-1 levels in check along with the rest of your endocrine system also plays a role in all of this.

• +1
Reactions: LordNorwood
I will look like 20 in my 50s with botox,laser treatment and fillers

Being lonely =/= living healthy. It's over for many of us. Loneliness kills.
It's over if you really think you will be lonely forever. Convincing yourself that you can improve, progress and get to a stage where you won't be lonely, is the best thing you can do in this life. The exact opposite of that is the worst thing possible.

It's pretty much imposssible to predict where technology wil be.
"theorists" are also wrong as well. I remember that most theorists in the 1900s thought that the world would be much more evolved by now.
This is very true. If we brought back all those Isaac Asimov style wankers from that time period who wacked off to technological utopias all day they would break down crying at the world today. Even by the 90s I think the disappointment was starting to set in a little, fuck man its almost 2020, where's my flying car?
That said though certain advancements simply can't be given to the entire human race. If everyone was immortal where would we keep all of us? Class distinctions would get very brutal very quickly. Do you give this immortality to you and your rich Western son or to Jamal and his 15 kids, each of whom will have 15 kids?

Looks like I can't LDAR for eternity. There was a sppecific term for it I just forgot it.
How long do you think the current lifespan of this generation is (millenial and gen Z)
No idea, honestly.

• So Sad