has anyone got wider temples from chewing?

D

Deleted member 8988

Platinum
Chewing involves the masseter muscles of the jaw as well as the temporalis muscle of the temples. If the former can be hypertrophied, the second should too. But the results I coul find of the latter dont look good to me...
A36D161F 48FA 4696 9B98 519D2614885B D2B4099C D824 49F1 82F2 2BEFE4BEEACD

has anyone got bigger temporalis muscles from chewing, maybe as a side effect of getting a bigger masseter?
My temples are narrow, or at least my zygos and jaw are too wide, and it looks like shit, making my forhead appear taller.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9670
i wish i had a taller face without CW rotation and bimax so i could chew

fuck my short face

• So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 8988
has anyone got bigger temporalis muscles from chewing, maybe as a side effect of getting a bigger masseter?
mine did, it looks kind of weird

• +1
Last edited:
does your forhead have that weird shape now like in the pic I posted? Like a bump
it does look like a bump like that left picture but it's not as big yet. I think they're growing rn. is that a bad thing?

• +1
it does look like a bump like that left picture but it's not as big yet. I think they're growing rn. is that a bad thing?
Interesting thats what I wanted to know.

I dont think its a bad thing as long as it is not obvious, and I dont think It is if your forehead isnt too round/feminine. And even so, I don't think it can be obvious from the front or if it is I don't think it looks bad ( still much better than narrow temples ) - for example the second pic looks good to me. And from the side you can just grow your hair more if it's a concern.

• +1
Reactions: Manu le coq
@pretty boy @2d v2 thoughts?

• +1
lifefuel for skullcels? :feelshmm:

• +1
Reactions: Lawton88 and Deleted member 8988
Just bonesmash your temples. :banhammer:

• JFL
I read somewhere that hypertrophied masseter is correlated with clockwise maxilla rotation. I wouldn't overdo it.

yeah, but it only makes u look worse

I read somewhere that hypertrophied masseter is correlated with clockwise maxilla rotation. I wouldn't overdo it.
Isn't CW maxilla rotation good for people with short faces/under developed lower thirds

Last edited:
Isn't CW maxilla rotation good for people with short faces/under developed lower thirds
Maybe for people with short faces, but I rarely see that in adults.

That’s cap. Wouldn’t bruxism victims be mega recessed as they legit be tensing their jaw throughout the entirety of the night?

That’s cap. Wouldn’t bruxism victims be mega recessed as they legit be tensing their jaw throughout the entirety of the night?
Most of them are recessed like 95% of the population.

Ultrasonography was used to measure the cross-sectional area (CSA) of the masseter muscle and bite force was measured using pressure sensitive film.

The results showed that CSA-relaxed was positively correlated with upper anterior face height (UAFH)/total anterior face height (TAFH) and negatively with lower anterior face height (LAFH)/TAFH and LAFH (P < 0.05). CSA-clenched was correlated positively with SN-palatal, FH-palatal, UAFH/TAFH, and lower posterior face height (LPFH)/total posterior face height (TPFH) and negatively with LAFH/TAFH, LAFH, upper posterior face height (UPFH)/TPFH, and UPFH (P < 0.05). Bite force was positively correlated with LPFH/TPFH and negatively with UPFH/TPFH (P < 0.05). As the masseter became larger, the anterior maxillary region tended to shift downwards relative to the cranial base, whereas the posterior region tended to shift upwards. The decrease in LAFH/TAFH and increase in LPFH/TPFH as the size of the masseter muscle increases may be influenced not only by the inclination of the mandibular plane but also by the clockwise rotation of the maxilla.

• +1
Also, I didn't say not to chew. Just don't overdo it.

• +1
Most of them are recessed like 95% of the population.

Yeah, like ‘95% of the population’ yet they tense their masseters constantly. Majority of the population don’t have bruxism/tense their masseters like that, with that in mind wouldn’t these bruxism victims be more recessed then the average person if that claim were true?

• +1
yes it gives you a light bulb head which is a bad trait

• +1
Reactions: Biiyo03 and Deleted member 8988
If I chew mastic gum I get a really big pump right up to the temples that gives a moon face look. It goes away pretty quick but it kinda puts me off that sort of super hard chewing.

• +1
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS
anyway you don't want to overtrain your temporalis.

Yeah, like ‘95% of the population’ yet they tense their masseters constantly. Majority of the population don’t have bruxism/tense their masseters like that, with that in mind wouldn’t these bruxism victims be more recessed then the average person if that claim were true?
I never said they weren't more recessed. But it's unlikely, since recessed people don't tend to have bruxism in the first place.

I never said they weren't more recessed. But it's unlikely, since recessed people don't tend to have bruxism in the first place.
Honestly I think it’s cap anyway unless your training your masseters intensely, for example 2-3 hours a day 6x a week or smth. If you were to train them like 30mins every other day I highly doubt that there will be any rotation of the maxilla/changes to bone