Has anyone had a BSSO/Mandibular Advancement?

Reoreyh

Reoreyh

Bronze
Would you be willing to share photos or discuss the changes it made to your face? Specifically I'm wondering if it can add height to the lower third. I'm confident my profile will be enhanced dramatically and my 3/4 will be better, but it's the frontal view I'm worried about. I'm trying to be realistic about the results, but finding pictures of the aesthetic effects of the procedure is very difficult.

I'm getting it done regardless and will be sharing the results when I can. I mostly just want to know if I should begin saving for an implant as well, or if I might be satisfied with the results from the BSSO alone.

I'm jutting quite a bit in the photos you may have seen of me already. I'm expecting an 8-10mm+ movement.

Would you be willing to share photos or discuss the changes it made to your face? Specifically I'm wondering if it can add height to the lower third. I'm confident my profile will be enhanced dramatically and my 3/4 will be better, but it's the frontal view I'm worried about. I'm trying to be realistic about the results, but finding pictures of the aesthetic effects of the procedure is very difficult.

I'm getting it done regardless and will be sharing the results when I can. I mostly just want to know if I should begin saving for an implant as well, or if I might be satisfied with the results from the BSSO alone.

I'm jutting quite a bit in the photos you may have seen of me already. I'm expecting an 8-10mm+ movement.
It will improve the chin to philtrum ratio and so you will see an improvement in height of the lower third. But no changes in width? Do you have an overbite?

It will improve the chin to philtrum ratio and so you will see an improvement in height of the lower third. But no changes in width? Do you have an overbite?

I have a deep bite and overjet. When I bite naturally my molars are misaligned by what I feel like is about a centimeter. I don't think width is a huge problem as my jaw is relatively proportionate to my cheekbones. My failos are under eye support and short lower third. Willing to entertain any opinions or insight on the procedure though.

I have a deep bite and overjet. When I bite naturally my molars are misaligned by what I feel like is about a centimeter. I don't think width is a huge problem as my jaw is relatively proportionate to my cheekbones. My failos are under eye support and short lower third. Willing to entertain any opinions or insight on the procedure though.
Yea id go through with the BSSO if i were you, it will defo improve your face.