Has anyone had posterior open bite treated?

benchortable

benchortable

Banned
Posterior open bite v2

My teeth from the front look alright, but in reality I have a bad bite exactly as the drawing shows.
Anyone have any idea about fixing this?
It seems that orthognathic surgery is the best solution but I want to see if there are other options before.
Some orthodontists claim that invisalign can treat this. The thickness of invisalign is 0.3mm so there would still be a 0.6mm gap most likely, but this would be a lot better than the 1-2.5mm gaps I have.
I will spend time researching this and will be contacting OMS and orthodontists but I was wondering if anyone had an idea on here.

• +1
Reactions: goat2x
Why do you give a shit if it has no aesthetic effects?

• +1
Reactions: Lev Peshkov, benchortable and xdxdxnice1
i have this quite a lot but why do u care about it? it does nothing to my looks at all

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7776 and benchortable
Yes it has no effect on looks but it hinders my eating too much now
i’ve noticed that i go recessed when i eat because my jaw moves back because of the open bite, is this not the case for you

View attachment 545377
My teeth from the front look alright, but in reality I have a bad bite exactly as the drawing shows.
Anyone have any idea about fixing this?
It seems that orthognathic surgery is the best solution but I want to see if there are other options before.
Some orthodontists claim that invisalign can treat this. The thickness of invisalign is 0.3mm so there would still be a 0.6mm gap most likely, but this would be a lot better than the 1-2.5mm gaps I have.
I will spend time researching this and will be contacting OMS and orthodontists but I was wondering if anyone had an idea on here.
Okay invisalign is a retarded idea for this fucking scamming orthos
i’ve noticed that i go recessed when i eat because my jaw moves back because of the open bite, is this not the case for you
I cannot go recessed while eating, different jaw structures. I have a lot of foward growth

• +1
Reactions: xdxdxnice1
I had close to 1cm open bite before braces. Wore braces for 2 years then bimax with CCW. Open bite was down to 6mm before the surgery

• +1
Reactions: benchortable
Looksmaxxing here son.

Try asking your ortho?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back