Has gymmaxxing actually helped you in dating

Bullshit tbh. U can build musle in all rep ranges, unless u do sets of 60 or something.
I wasn't talking about rep ranges but exercises. Calisthenics don't build much muscle, unless you add weight to them.

In other words, you're better off doing 3 sets of 10 pushups with weight attached to your body, than to do bodyweight pushups for 50+ reps.

And even then, the bench press is so much superior to the pushup for building the chest. And the skullcrusher is better for building triceps than the pushup. So, even if you add weight to the pushup, it's still not the best exercise for those muscle groups.

The only weighted calisthenics that are worth doing are the weighted dips and the weighted chin ups/weighted pull ups, but even those could be replaced by a compound movement done with a barbell.

Also, to build muscle, you need high enough volume, which is why if you make someone do chin ups, if they are able to do only 1 rep per 6 hours, they will not get stronger, even if they do it often. So, they would be better off doing yates rows instead.

Everything that I'm talking about here is based on years of experience trying many different things. I wasted months doing pushups and chin ups and going nowhere, and then I decided to focus only on barbell exercises and I made so much more progress in this way.

I wasn't talking about rep ranges but exercises. Calisthenics don't build much muscle, unless you add weight to them.
No lol. It doesnt matter if u are using dumbell, barbell, kettlebell, some sandbag or bodyweight. Musle doesnt see the difference.

In other words, you're better off doing 3 sets of 10 pushups with weight attached to your body, than to do bodyweight pushups for 50+ reps.
Yes but who can do 50+ pushups in a set? Many people cant do 25 proper pushups in one max set.

Everything that I'm talking about here is based on years of experience trying many different things. I wasted months doing pushups and chin ups and going nowhere, and then I decided to focus only on barbell exercises and I
Shit experience then tbh. U can build alot of musle with calisthenics and if u think that u wasted time, u wre wrong. Not gaining musle with pushups for months and then switching to bench press and getting rapid gains? I dont belive in that.

If a newbie doesnt build musle with calisthenics then he has shit genetics, simple as that. And yes lifting is superior to build musle but begginers can make very similar gains with calisthenics.

No lol. It doesnt matter if u are using dumbell, barbell, kettlebell, some sandbag or bodyweight. Musle doesnt see the difference.

Yes but who can do 50+ pushups in a set? Many people cant do 25 proper pushups in one max set.

Shit experience then tbh. U can build alot of musle with calisthenics and if u think that u wasted time, u wre wrong. Not gaining musle with pushups for months and then switching to bench press and getting rapid gains? I dont belive in that.

If a newbie doesnt build musle with calisthenics then he has shit genetics, simple as that. And yes lifting is superior to build musle but begginers can make very similar gains with calisthenics.
There is a lot of proof that what I am saying is the truth.

For example, someone who can bench 225 lbs for 8 reps, who has never done pushups before will be very weak at pushups, and someone who can do 50 pushups will be very weak at the bench press and may even struggle just to bench press the bar for a few reps.

I spent months doing chin ups and making no progress on them, then I switched to a barbell, and managed to add 5 lbs per workout, so 20-30 lbs every month, and by getting stronger at rows, my muscles got bigger, but chin ups achieved nothing, because the volume was always too low.

You act like you're an expert even though you have very limited experience, while I have been doing this and researching the topic since 2016. I have watched every youtube video on the topic, read every article and tried everything in the gym, I know what works and what doesn't. I know that there is a clear difference between each exercise and they are not all as effective, even the EMG data proves that.

For example, someone who can bench 225 lbs for 8 reps, who has never done pushups before will be very weak at pushups, and someone who can do 50 pushups will be very weak at the bench press and may even struggle just to bench press the bar for a few reps.
Becouse pushups are a bodyweight exercise? If u are 150lbs u will be able to do more pushups than 200lb guy despite being weaker. Logic.

I spent months doing chin ups and making no progress on them, then I switched to a barbell, and managed to add 5 lbs per workout, so 20-30 lbs every month, and by getting stronger at rows, my muscles got bigger, but chin ups achieved nothing, because the volume was always too low
So u should have increased volume woth chin ups? Add more sets, add negative reps etc.

You act like you're an expert even though you have very limited experience, while I have been doing this and researching the topic since 2016. I have watched every youtube video on the topic, read every article and tried everything in the gym, I know what works and what doesn't. I know that there is a clear difference between each exercise and they are not all as effective, even the EMG data proves that.
I did alot of reaserch as well. Most of the people that did calisthenics and then switched to weights said that begginers can build alot of musle with it. U are not an expert if u think that calisthenics is a waste of time. Its same tier bullshit like saying that cardio kills gains.

• JFL
Reactions: randomuser2407
Becouse pushups are a bodyweight exercise? If u are 150lbs u will be able to do more pushups than 200lb guy despite being weaker. Logic.

So u should have increased volume woth chin ups? Add more sets, add negative reps etc.

I did alot of reaserch as well. Most of the people that did calisthenics and then switched to weights said that begginers can build alot of musle with it. U are not an expert if u think that calisthenics is a waste of time. Its same tier bullshit like saying that cardio kills gains.
OK, you're retarded. I'm not going to waste more of my time at 2:26 AM arguing with you.

• JFL
Reactions: Pietrosiek