Having a job that let me coast really wasn’t good

Cardiologyscribe

Cardiologyscribe

Cop
(TENURE)

All through HS I worked at this pet store. I knew more about the animals than anyone else which made me indespensble so I got away with pure murder. All the dumb worthless bitches who worked there got fired for being late 3 times but I was always late and never got written up once.

After I graduated I got promoted to manager and did that for 3 years. My first year I worked pretty hard and enstated some new systems that really improved things.

My last 2 years I coasted. I locked myself in the office and sat on my ass all shift, I would only come out if the employees needed me and even then I would make sure to show them I was really irritated for being bothered.

I would show blatant favoritism allowing the hot cashier to come in the office and do no work and drink with me while the other employees had to do her work.

Yes I was drunk on the clock every day. When customers asked for the manager I would come out with a mean look on my face with alcohol on my breath.

I would tell customers they are not always right when it comes to living animals and if they don’t like it they can leave.

I would say asinine things to employees I didn’t like such as
“Pick up the pace!”
“I can’t hang out here all night!”
“You can’t say that to me, fresh mouth!”

This was the life indeed.

I would write up employees I didn’t like for things I did to a much worse degree.

But it all came to a rapid end when I transferred to a better college and am now a scribe where it is work from the minute I walk in to the minute I leave with no down time.

I was spoiled by having a job where I could coast so young. Now doing an average amount of work feels like hell. You shouldn’t coast until you have made it to the top.

• +1
Reactions: destroyerofchads
Wow 0 replies. Thought this was a sick story

SERIOUSLY!?!?!

I'm the incel who bought dog toy for jaw, if you remember

I was probably too drunk to remember. The whole last 2 years working there are a blur

• +1
Reactions: Chintuck22