Having clear skin, tips and tricks

JustChris

JustChris

Slay or be slayed
Now, if you were blessed with godlike genetics when it comes to skin, and you never had a pimple in your entire life, then this thread is not for you.​
Now, if you experienced outbursts, minor outbursts, or have shit skin, keep reading.​
A lot of people think that clear skin/smooth skin comes with no effort. Well, that's not the case. You gotta work for it, so I'm gonna give you a few tips and tricks.​
Start with NUTRITION.​
Yes, you know that saying... "You are what you eat"​
Start eating healthy, cut the junk food and all the crap that goes into your body when you procrastinate. That doesn't mean you're not allowed to eat a McDonalds or a Pizza or whatever you enjoy from time to time. But try limiting that to once a week kinda thing.​
Eating fast food all week long not only fucks up your skin, but it also makes your face look bloated, and overall makes you fat.​
Also, thanks to @treedude for reminding me, AVOID COW MILK. You can replace it with a rice drink, coconut milk and so on. Cow milk actually triggers outbursts.​
HYDRATION
Hydrate yourself. It's such an easy thing to do yet so many people don't do it.​
Drink at least 2 liters of water /day. Staying hydrated will keep your skin fresh, and when you're working out, you'll sweat more thus eliminating the toxins from your body.​
SLEEP
Get some fucking sleep. Instead of chasing that girl that you're never gonna smash, texting her till 3 in the morning because you think you got a shot while she uses you as a shoulder to cry on, go sleep.​
While sleeping your body regenerates fresh skin cells. Getting at least 7 hours of sleep /night helps a lot.​
SKINCARE ROUTINE
Now this is tricky. There are sooooo many skin products on the market and the majority of them are SHIT.​
You gotta find something that works well for your type of skin.​
Exfoliate once or twice a week (mondays and tuesdays mostly). Facewash your face EVERY SINGLE DAY in the morning and before going to bed! There's so much fucking dirt on your face after a day spent outside, that if you leave that shit on and sleep with it, you'll be prone to pimples the next day.​
Now, the most important thing is to MOISTURIZE. Always, moisturize after washing your face.​
When you strip your face of its natural oils, your skin becomes all dry. When your skin is dry, it will automatically try to get it hydrated again, so you start producing natural oils at a higher level than normal, so your skin gets GREASY. By moisturizing, you avoid getting your skin into defensive mode. You sort of "trick" your skin into thinking that it doesn't need natural oils since you just hydrated it.​
EXERCISE
Exercising plays such a huge role when it comes to having nice skin.​
Sweating eliminates toxins. That's one of the benefits of exercising alongside with feeling more confident, looking better overall, gaining muscle, etc.​
Hope this helps some people out there.​

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401
Not bad. I'd throw something in for acne, like Sayalic acid, or Benzoyl peroxide. I've been using the latter with great success

• +1
Not bad. I'd throw something in for acne, like Sayalic acid, or Benzoyl peroxide. I've been using the latter with great success
Benzoyl peroxide is only available with prescription where I’m from. And when it comes to acne you better see a dermatologist first instead of throwing random things on your face and making it worse.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and Deleted member 39
avoid milk, it is scientifically proven to create sebum and bovine growth hormone cows are worse they create too much hormones in humans.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and Deleted member 39
avoid milk, it is scientifically proven to create sebum and bovine growth hormone cows are worse they create too much hormones in humans.

Especially soy milk

• +1
Fuck, forgot to mention that! Good point.

• +1
For serious acne veganism + accutane is the best way to go in my opinion

• +1
Genetics first and foremost, avoid sun sleep well(!), avoid smoking, wear sunscreen, exfoliate every now and then, eat a balanced diet. No secret really

• +1
Your recommendation of at least 2L of water per day is too low. This is the "average recommended amount" for adults, and that's in the USA, where they're sedentary and women are included in the calculations. I think at least 3-4L of water per day is ideal depending on your bodymass and activity level. More than 4L is bad.

The goal is to have pee where it is mostly clear, with a weak yellow tint every time you pee. To do that, you have to drink water regularly throughout the day. If you drink a lot in one sitting, the color will vary a lot, which is bad. Compare it to eating food. Is it better to eat all your food in 1 hour and then wait 23 more for recovery, or is it better to consistently eat throughout the day so your body always has food to work with? Probably the latter.

• +1
Your recommendation of at least 2L of water per day is too low. This is the "average recommended amount" for adults, and that's in the USA, where they're sedentary and women are included in the calculations. I think at least 3-4L of water per day is ideal depending on your bodymass and activity level. More than 4L is bad.

The goal is to have pee where it is mostly clear, with a weak yellow tint every time you pee. To do that, you have to drink water regularly throughout the day. If you drink a lot in one sitting, the color will vary a lot, which is bad. Compare it to eating food. Is it better to eat all your food in 1 hour and then wait 23 more for recovery, or is it better to consistently eat throughout the day so your body always has food to work with? Probably the latter.
I thought that would be obvious and people would use common sense. Drinking water is like eating food. You have to spread it throughout the day.

• +1