Having second thoughts on surgery.

Realmadrid20

Realmadrid20

Iron
Hi guys, I’m scheduled to get a sliding genioplasty in about 10 days and I’m getting cold feet. I’m just worried that it will somehow make me look worse or I’ll end up with some type of nerve damage. Have any of you guys had second thoughts the closer you get to surgery day? Btw it’s a 6 mm horizontal advancement.

Understandable mate, but genio is one of the safest surgeries and pretty much every male could benefit from a slightly more forward chin, could you post a before pic?

When you only want chin inprovement its a lot better to get implant. Genio will not bring squareness and more masculine shape.

everyone gets nervous and starts to doubt before surgery, its a good sign that you care about the way you look, try not to worry. im guessing you have done your research and chosen a good surgeon with experience so the likelihood of something going wrong is very slim especially as its a simple surgery such as a sliding genioplasty, and if worse comes to worse you can get a revision.

hope it all goes well man

Understandable mate, but genio is one of the safest surgeries and pretty much every male could benefit from a slightly more forward chin, could you post a before pic?
I currently have a beard and I don’t have any pictures without it. I’ve posted a picture of my side profile before. It’s in my history I think.
everyone gets nervous and starts to doubt before surgery, its a good sign that you care about the way you look, try not to worry. im guessing you have done your research and chosen a good surgeon with experience so the likelihood of something going wrong is very slim especially as its a simple surgery such as a sliding genioplasty, and if worse comes to worse you can get a revision.

hope it all goes well man
Thanks man, I appreciate it. I hope it goes well too.

That's exactly the problem with surgery, you don't know how much the fucker actually will move your bones forward. Instead, with distraction Osteogenesis, you are in full control of your expansion.

Most here are clueless on surgery I wouldn't take their advice. If you picked a good surgeon there's nothing else you can do but hope and pray it works out. Surgery is a total crapshoot and luck of the draw. Wish I could give you more comfort but unfortunately cannot.