Healthhack: Healthy Dessert

D

Deleted member 1901

Kraken
It’s hard not to eat dessert, for it is so yummy. But you wouldn’t even need to resist the urge if dessert wasn’t unhealthy!

A simple health hack is healthy dessert. I personally eat only fruit-sweetened desserts that I make. I never add just sugar. Sometimes I add a small amount of honey.

You can have fruit with whipped cream (no added sugar) with a bit of honey on top. You can have literally just fruit. I like to eat raspberries and mangos for the taste. (Don’t eat a whole mango at once due to the high sugar content) Add a touch of cinnamon to your desserts if you desire.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: lightskinbengali, bishōnenmaxxer, Earth Dollar and 2 others
It’s hard not to eat dessert, for it is so yummy. But you wouldn’t even need to resist the urge if dessert wasn’t unhealthy!

A simple health hack is healthy dessert. I personally eat only fruit-sweetened desserts that I make. I never add just sugar. Sometimes I add a small amount of honey.

You can have fruit with whipped cream (no added sugar) with a bit of honey on top. You can have literally just fruit. I like to eat raspberries and mangos for the taste. (Don’t eat a whole mango at once due to the high sugar content) Add a touch of cinnamon to your desserts if you desire.
Plz a recipe thread... with pics. :feelsbaton:

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1901

Why do you talk like that

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 28774 and AsGoodAsItGets
What happened to fasting

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 17244 and Deleted member 28904
I eat gooks for dessert.

Desserts don't exist in nature just eat whatever is actually natural.

Just eat fruit if you are craving something sweet.

Imagine actually eating whipped cream

• JFL
  • Hmm...
Reactions: AsGoodAsItGets and Deleted member 1901
I would also like to add replacing sugar with xyltol when cooking desserts is helpful since xylitol does not spike your blood sugar and has many health benefits

• +1

What’s wrong with whipped cream? I know it’s not natural.

• Ugh..
Reactions: Ragnar
I would also like to add replacing sugar with xyltol when cooking desserts is helpful since xylitol does not spike your blood sugar and had many health benefits
True. Artificial sweeteners are for sure a major hack.

• +1
Reactions: Earth Dollar
Stop killing your self and eat more
Fasting improves longevity so you’re the one killing yourself. Everyone should fast.

• Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 28904
Fasting improves longevity so you’re the one killing yourself. Everyone should fast.
Maybe if you eat goyslop desert but not otherwise

• Hmm...
Maybe if you eat goyslop desert but not otherwise
Bro literally research fasting autophagy should be used occasionally

• +1
Reactions: AsGoodAsItGets
True. Artificial sweeteners are for sure a major hack.
yes, although xylitol is a natural sweetener not artificial.

some artificial sweeteners can be dangerous since even though they technically aren't sugar they spike your insulin levels higher that what sugar does.

one that comes to mind is maltodextrin since it is marketed as a healthy sugar alternative but it actually has a go index that sugar and spikes your insulin higher.

• +1

some artificial sweeteners can be dangerous since even though they technically aren't sugar they spike your insulin levels higher that what sugar does.

one that comes to mind is maltodextrin since it is marketed as a healthy sugar alternative but it actually has a go index that sugar and spikes your insulin higher.
aspartame is another one that comes to mind as well

• +1

Good to know. My mistake to assume it’s artificial. Sugar alternatives is a better term. The only downside to xylitol I’m aware of is the toxicity to dogs, for those who own dogs.

• +1
Reactions: Earth Dollar
Good to know. My mistake to assume it’s artificial. Sugar alternatives is a better term. The only downside to xylitol I’m aware of is the toxicity to dogs, for those who own dogs.
when going to the store you always want to check for the unhealthy sweeteners in foods because they are used surprisingly a lot. I remember I had to stop drinking my favorite one of my favorite beverages because I found out maltodextrin was in it. you can also find bad artificial sweeteners in frozen meals, sugar free store bought desserts, pasta, etc.

• +1
only sedentary fatasses need to worry about moderate sugar consumption. and sugar is sugar, whether it's in fruit or honey or added sugar

• +1
Reactions: AsGoodAsItGets
only sedentary fatasses need to worry about moderate sugar consumption. and sugar is sugar, whether it's in fruit or honey or added sugar
Not really true. And you should eat some fruit anyway

Not really true. And you should eat some fruit anyway
Yeah, you should eat fruits and vegetables. But let's say I've got that all covered. Do you really think it matters if I eat a small amount of added sugar a few times a week instead of fruit? I would bet that if I'm running/lifting/rock climbing most days and you're just sitting around, I'm going to be much healthier.

And all carbs get turned to sugar before they enter your bloodstream. The only difference in sugar vs complex is whether they spike your blood sugar, but if you eat the sugar along with a meal it's not going to be spiked as much anyway.

Yeah, you should eat fruits and vegetables. But let's say I've got that all covered. Do you really think it matters if I eat a small amount of added sugar a few times a week instead of fruit? I would bet that if I'm running/lifting/rock climbing most days and you're just sitting around, I'm going to be much healthier.

And all carbs get turned to sugar before they enter your bloodstream. The only difference in sugar vs complex is whether they spike your blood sugar, but if you eat the sugar along with a meal it's not going to be spiked as much anyway.
Fruit has vitamin c and cellulose

You won’t get vitamin c from meat unless you eat it raw

Cellulose is only in plants

Fruit has vitamin c and cellulose

You won’t get vitamin c from meat unless you eat it raw

Cellulose is only in plants
You either ignored what I wrote or have shit reading comprehension.

You either ignored what I wrote or have shit reading comprehension.
Okay my bad

A small amount of added sugar wouldn’t be a big deal. But any desert will have a lot and the fruit is certainly more natural people never ate pure sugar

Yeah of course exercising is better than sitting around. That’s irrelevant tho, and I don’t just sit around

Okay my bad

A small amount of added sugar wouldn’t be a big deal. But any desert will have a lot and the fruit is certainly more natural people never ate pure sugar

Yeah of course exercising is better than sitting around. That’s irrelevant tho, and I don’t just sit around
But you're not eating pure sugar. It's mixed with other stuff in the food and in your stomach. And, like I said, all carbs are turned to sugar before they enter your bloodstream. So "pure sugar" is just some emotional concept you have.

^^^

No, it's not because exercise effects how your body responds to glucose:

"There are a few ways that exercise lowers blood glucose (also known as blood sugar): Insulin sensitivity is increased, so your muscle cells are better able to use any available insulin to take up glucose during and after activity."

So my sugar consumption is offset by vigorous activity.

• +1
But you're not eating pure sugar. It's mixed with other stuff in the food and in your stomach. And, like I said, all carbs are turned to sugar before they enter your bloodstream. So "pure sugar" is just some emotional concept you have.
well generally the more processed foods are the worse for health. So by eating fruits instead of candy or chocolate bars or cookies you are avoided processed foods.

You can make ice cream with wheat, milk, and Splenda and enjoy it for desert.

• +1
  • +1

I drink milk and eat one whole camembert for myself for desert. I found this healthy and yummy.

• +1
Healthhack: Don’t even touch the fork in the first place

• +1