• Business + Medicine

Results are only viewable after voting.
D

Deleted member 6128

Pruhtty Women 🫶
Must be STEM related

Thinking rn a Business + Computer Science degree or Economics + Business

Which one should I do

I high key want to do something business related but to land a good job u need to network hard

I’ll be doing a finance degree probs

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6128
Computer Science >> Business >>>>>>> Economics

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7098 and Heguldus
Business is the meme version of Economics.

Econ >> Business.

Business probably ideal for party-maxxing and having a good time though.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: forevergymcelling, qkz, Deleted member 2816 and 6 others
why tf did you combine business with medicine🤣
its not like becoming a doctor takes a decade

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Chintuck22, qkz, Deleted member 7901 and 6 others
just follow your heart

• JFL
  • So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 2816, AlwaysHaveQuestions, Heguldus and 2 others
Gender studies

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Podunk, AlwaysHaveQuestions, Heguldus and 4 others
Nooo Economics >> Computer Science >>> Business

Economics actually teaches you skills you need to become richer unlike business the computer science is just tech related instantly making it valuable

• +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: qkz, Baldingman1998 and PubertyMaxxer

Econ >> Business.

Oh boy please don't major in economics.

Most theories and models are way too abstract and unrealistic. Meanwhile a Business Degree Is very practical and the math contained in accounting and operations for example is simple yet 100x more useful.

But Computer Science mogs Business aswell. Marc Zuckerberg didn't major in business, neither did jeff bezos.
Its because Computer Science focuses on actually CREATING a commercial digital software product . Even disgusting subhumans will earn alot if they can create a profitable trading software for instance.

Only Enroll In Business if you're 8+/10. In business degree related jobs everything revolves around negotiation and sales.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: forevergymcelling, LastHopeForNorman, Heguldus and 2 others
why tf did you combine business with medicine🤣
its not like becoming a doctor takes a decade
They do like Hospital Management degrees in certain Unis that’s what I meant by Business + Medicine

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 18261, AlwaysHaveQuestions, sly shinkai and 1 other person

Most theories and models are way too abstract and unrealistic. Meanwhile a Business Degree Is very practical and the math contained in accounting and operations for example is simple yet 100x more useful.

But Computer Science mogs Business aswell. Marc Zuckerberg didn't major in business, neither did jeff bezos.
Its because Computer Science focuses on actually CREATING a commercial digital software product . Even disgusting subhumans will earn alot if they can create a profitable trading software for instance.

Only Enroll In Business if you're 8+/10. In business degree related jobs everything revolves around negotiation and sales.
Accounting and Finance are other options and a business degree by itself is shit it’s needs to be combined with something else

• Ugh..
Reactions: PubertyMaxxer

What do u think about "economics and business economics", they have this in rotterdam. I'm doing math rn but it's too hard, I want something that takes less work and is easier.

• +1
Reactions: PubertyMaxxer and Deleted member 6128
Nooo Economics >> Computer Science >>> Business

Economics actually teaches you skills you need to become richer unlike business the computer science is just tech related instantly making it valuable

Econ >> Business.

Economics is a "Social Science " JFL. Just the fact that you need to go to a Global Top 20 Uni (HYPMS,Oxbridge, London) for those type degrees to be valuable shows how shitty the actual content is.

The only "Social Science" worth learning is molecular Genetics :forcedsmile:

• JFL
Economics is a "Social Science " JFL. Just the fact that you need to go to a Global Top 20 Uni (HYPMS,Oxbridge, London) for those type degrees to be valuable shows how shitty the actual content is.

A general Business degree is still shit and worse than economics

Business HAS to be combined with something or has to be like Business Development , Business and Finance or Business Administration

What do u think about "economics and business economics", they have this in rotterdam.
Literally nobody knows Erasmus internationally . The reputation is dogshit. Here is the list of the only good universities for Business & Economics :
Harvard
London Business School
Insead
MIT
Stanford
UPenn/Wharton
Bicconi
HEC paris
Oxbridge
LSE
NUS
UCB
Columbia University
Princeton & Yale
I'm doing math rn but it's too hard, I want something that takes less work and is easier.

• Ugh..
Must be STEM related

Thinking rn a Business + Computer Science degree or Economics + Business

Which one should I do
Gender studies
David Beckham studies
African studies

• +1
  • JFL
  • Ugh..
Reactions: SAR, AlwaysHaveQuestions, Heguldus and 3 others

If you actually look at average graduate pay by subject in the UK... (assume it's going to be similar anywhere in the West).

Economics has the potential for the highest pay if you do it at a decent uni.

Look at the distribution for business. It's a mickey-mouse degree in most cases...

I've already finished my undergrad... and I had the option to pick 1 or 2 business modules in my econ major. They are relatively much easier and involve less math. Most of business/management is common sense that doesn't need to be taught in a classroom.

• +1
Reactions: LastHopeForNorman, thereallegend, Xangsane and 2 others
Why would you need multiple totally unrelated degrees

• +1
Reactions: Xangsane and PubertyMaxxer
You commit to one thing and see if it works, if not, then you try another, why would you ever waste more then a decade on medicine just to have that "option" available when you just need to pick one good job? are you trying to become Johnny sins or something?

• +1
Nope, comp sci then economics then business.

Business is just a meme degree exclusively taken by sub 80IQ whites and low caste curries who go on to work in family 'business' (take away, cash and carry, corner shop )

• JFL
  • Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: AlwaysHaveQuestions, thereallegend, Xangsane and 2 others
If you actually look at average graduate pay by subject in the UK... (assume it's going to be similar anywhere in the West).

View attachment 1369590View attachment 1369591View attachment 1369592

Economics has the potential for the highest pay if you do it at a decent uni.

Look at the distribution for business. It's a mickey-mouse degree in most cases...
Correlation isn't causation. It just so happens that Elite uni (Oxbridge + London) economics graduates have a heightened chance of obtaining Investment Management/Banking Jobs.
I've already finished my undergrad... and I had the option to pick 1 or 2 business modules in my econ major. They are relatively much easier and involve less math.
The Math involved in Economics Is NOTHING compared to actual Physics/Engineering Math. Also pure theoretical Math by itself isn't that useful unless its practical. Economics doesn't teach many IRL applicable theories.
Most of business/management is common sense that doesn't need to be taught in a classroom.
Yes i agree Business is useless but.... Economics too

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4106
Why would you need multiple totally unrelated degrees
Tbf, economics and computing is a solid combination.

More and more finance/analyst jobs require you to be a proficient programmer.

• +1
Nope, comp sci then economics then business.

Business is just a meme degree exclusively taken by sub 80IQ whites and *** curries who go on to work in family 'business' (take away, cash and carry, corner shop )
My mate did business. He now works in an office in London. Moved out of his cushy village to be in London.

• +1
You commit to one thing and see if it works, if not, then you try another, why would you ever waste more then a decade on medicine just to have that "option" available when you just need to pick one good job? are you trying to become Johnny sins or something?
JFL by medicine I meant working in hospitals as a manager and Jobs look for people with multiple sets of skills not some regard who is only good at one thing

Tbf, economics and computing is a solid combination.

More and more finance jobs require you to be a proficient programmer.
Programmers don't really need to know economics, they just listen to whatever algorithm or pattern the boss wants
and implement it, I don't understand how both are related

• Love it
My mate did business. He now works in an office in London. Moved out of his cushy village to be in London.
He probably did a specific business degree

• +1
Programmers don't really need to know economics, they just listen to whatever algorithm or pattern the boss wants
and implement it, I don't understand how both are related
Exactly. Economics is the most useless degree, even Business is more IRL practical bur it can be learned on the job so its useless aswell.

But muh math :feelsuhh:

Economists get brutally math-mogged by ANY Computer Scientist, Engineer, Pysicist, Chemists etc. However Economists at the end of the day only know their Unrealistic Theories . Meanwhile CompSci etc. Create actual Digital or Physical Products improving people's lives and can easily start a company or patent it etc.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7901
@EverythingMattersCel @Blackmannnns

Also which Jobs Would You Target With A Economics Degree?

Investment Banking : Basic Accounting and Valuation is a Topic Of Business Degrees, NOT economics.

But if you think this can't be learned within a few months online https://de1lib.org/book/2345349/a79993 in order to ace the interviews you're stupid.

Investment Management :
- VC : Again in Venture Capital Domain Expertise is needed And/Or Basic Accounting/Valuation
- PE or Real Estate : Only Accounting / Valuation
- Hedgefunds: You won't find any Economists there. Instead PhD Computer Scientists and Physicists developing new trading algorithms and software.

Conclusion : Chose STE

• +1
Reactions: Mouthbreath
Correlation isn't causation. It just so happens that Elite uni (Oxbridge + London) economics graduates have a heightened chance of obtaining Investment Management/Banking Jobs.

The Math involved in Economics Is NOTHING compared to actual Physics/Engineering Math. Also pure theoretical Math by itself isn't that useful unless its practical. Economics doesn't teach many IRL applicable theories.

Yes i agree Business is useless but.... Economics too

Lol, it's just not the elite universities though. Most econ grads are outearning business grads, even at middle-range universities. Look at the charts I posted.

I agree with you though... physics, engineering and those kind of subjects are very well sought after, especially for high-paying quant jobs in finance.

You mentioned IB. To breakthrough in IB the name of the uni is more important than the degree. Doing maths or physics at a no-name university will make it impossible to get an internship and thus a job. The work IB analysts do, doesn't require a high level of maths beyond basic accounting (being competent with spreadsheets) and maybe having a basic grasp of Python for financial modelling.

In UK you have main target unis:
Oxbridge, LSE,UCL and Imperial

Semi-targets. Still targeted but to a lesser extent than main targets:
6-7 middle range Russell group universities.

Non-targets:
The other 100+ universities in the country are basically cut off from any internship possibilities. It would take a lot of luck and networking to land something.

You have a much better chance getting recruited doing econ at a semi-target vs doing STEM at a meme uni. Still your chances are way higher (with any econ, finance or STEM major) if you went to Oxbridge or LSE. That should go without saying...

Last edited:
  • +1
@EverythingMattersCel @Blackmannnns

Also which Jobs Would You Target With A Economics Degree?

Investment Banking : Basic Accounting and Valuation is a Topic Of Business Degrees, NOT economics.

But if you think this can't be learned within a few months online https://de1lib.org/book/2345349/a79993 in order to ace the interviews you're stupid.

Investment Management :
- VC : Again in Venture Capital Domain Expertise is needed And/Or Basic Accounting/Valuation
- PE or Real Estate : Only Accounting / Valuation
- Hedgefunds: You won't find any Economists there. Instead PhD Computer Scientists and Physicists developing new trading algorithms and software.

Conclusion : Chose STE
All that and yet a shit ton of millionaires have economy degrees

• +1

build a flash loan arbitrage bot for me pls, thx

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 6128 and PubertyMaxxer
Lol, it's just not the elite universities though. Most econ grads are outearning business grads, even at middle-range universities. Look at the charts I posted.

I agree with you though... physics, engineering and those kind of subjects are very well sought after, especially for high-paying quant jobs in finance.

You mentioned IB. To breakthrough in IB the name of the uni is more important than the degree. Doing maths or physics at a no-name university will make it impossible to get an internship and thus a job. The work IB analysts do, doesn't require a high level of maths beyond basic accounting (being competent with spreadsheets) and maybe having a basic grasp of Python for financial modelling.

In UK you have main target unis:
Oxbridge, LSE,UCL and Imperial

Semi-targets. Still targeted but to a lesser extent than main targets:
6-7 middle range Russell group universities.

Non-targets:
The other 100+ universities in the country are basically cut off from any internship possibilities. It would take a lot of luck and networking to land something.

You have a much better chance getting recruited doing econ at a semi-target vs doing STEM at a meme uni. Still your chances are way higher (with any econ, finance or STEM major) if you went to Oxbridge or LSE. That should go without saying...
Why are you obsessed with landing a rare IB/IM Job? The hourly pay is shitty and you are a trapped wageslave without any realistic chances of breaking out and becoming an entrepreneur.

Jesus Christ jobs are so shit in Europe

• +1
Why are you obsessed with landing a rare IB/IM Job? The hourly pay is shitty and you are a trapped wageslave without any realistic chances of breaking out and becoming an entrepreneur.
Investment Banking is far from a wage slave job especially if you’re getting paid really well

Some of the most degenerate people will work around you who will host some of the most degenerate parties

• +1
Exactly. Economics is the most useless degree, even Business is more IRL practical bur it can be learned on the job so its useless aswell.

But muh math :feelsuhh:

Economists get brutally math-mogged by ANY Computer Scientist, Engineer, Pysicist, Chemists etc. However Economists at the end of the day only know their Unrealistic Theories . Meanwhile CompSci etc. Create actual Digital or Physical Products improving people's lives and can easily start a company or patent it etc.
Yeah economics is a meme mostly, modern macroeconomics and don't seem to work much in the real world, you will get your mind infested with cancerous ideas, microeconomics can be useful though, you can still learn most of the basics by yourself

That of course if we talk about the actual skill you get, if we talk about your persona money gain, then the "economist market" is a winner takes all market, you are either well known and rich or you have a useless degree under your name

• +1
Jesus Christ jobs are so shit in Europe
Its USA or death, People with free education like to brag about it to "American pigs", but in reality, you wouldn't earn much more then the average wage here as a doctor (and that on top the time you wasted learning)

Sure college is expensive and overpriced, but the amount of money you will earn from your degree is massive

• +1
Yeah economics is a meme mostly, modern macroeconomics and don't seem to work much in the real world, you will get your mind infested with cancerous ideas, microeconomics can be useful though, you can still learn most of the basics by yourself
Yes exactly, the law of economics you learn are wrong and can change :ROFLMAO:

Meanwhile the law of genetics remain true.
That of course if we talk about the actual skill you get, if we talk about your persona money gain, then the "economist market" is a winner takes all market, you are either well known and rich or you have a useless degree under your name
Its marketing yourself. The money Investment Managers earn are a result from a fee on their AUM. Chad Investment managers like Bill Ackman can attract large amount of capital. Most investment managers don't even outperform ETF's, so what value do they really give to society?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9568 and Deleted member 7901
I was just giving an example of why major doesn't that matter much. Also, most people don't stay in IB. They typically work a few years before branching off to a different type of firm (e.g. equity, quant, hedge fund etc. etc.).

The ones that do stay, tend to get promoted = more flexible hours and better pay.

I agree though... it's not worth wasting your prime (early 20s) to be a glorified wagie. Also got to consider the cost of living in London or NYC, which would eat away at the savings accrued from 80hr+ work weeks. There is nothing satisfying or fulfilling about these jobs...

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6128 and PubertyMaxxer
I was just giving an example of why major doesn't that matter much.
You are contradictory. If a major isn't giving me exclusive access to a specific high paying job then its Shitty, according to economic laws.
The ones that do stay, tend to get promoted = more flexible hours and better pay.

I agree though... it's not worth wasting your prime (early 20s) to be a glorified wagie. Also got to consider the cost of living in London or NYC, which would eat away at the savings accrued from 80hr+ work weeks. There is nothing satisfying or fulfilling about these jobs...
Agree

• +1
Pick what you enjoy its extremly high chance you never become rich

• JFL
I want to get into Tech Sales tbh don’t know what degree I should choose for it

Investment Banking is far from a wage slave job especially if you’re getting paid really well

Some of the most degenerate people will work around you who will host some of the most degenerate parties
https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Salaries/london-investment-banker-salary-SRCH_IL.0,6_IM1035_KO7,24.htm (ik there are bonuses)

+ highly competitive to even get in
+ long work hours / high stress
+ having to suck up to your degen boss
+ boot licking narcy co workers
+ automation --> fewer people needed

quant finance is a more future proof option but you have to be competitive - just look at a quant forum and ask yourself honestly if you´d fit in @PubertyMaxxer

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7098, LastHopeForNorman, PubertyMaxxer and 1 other person