Help with Accutane and scarring

zakfatstack$

zakfatstack$

Iron
Joined
Jan 3, 2026
Posts
76
Reputation
28
So I finished a course of Accutane and have no pimples or blackheads. I still have acne scarring and redness and have been using tazarotene for a few months since my course, but my skin hasn't improved that much in the sense of the scarring. I was continuing to do a microdose of 20 mg every other day with my tazarotene and have been thinking that this microdose might be keeping my skin barrier from fully healing. What do you guys think? Should I stop all acuutane while I fix my scarring, or does it not affect it, you think? Any advice appreciated
 
  • +1
Reactions: Macan
Yh I thought the same thing


So I fully stopped
 
  • +1
Reactions: Macan and zakfatstack$
So I finished a course of Accutane and have no pimples or blackheads. I still have acne scarring and redness and have been using tazarotene for a few months since my course, but my skin hasn't improved that much in the sense of the scarring. I was continuing to do a microdose of 20 mg every other day with my tazarotene and have been thinking that this microdose might be keeping my skin barrier from fully healing. What do you guys think? Should I stop all acuutane while I fix my scarring, or does it not affect it, you think? Any advice appreciated
Don't stop it, it doesn't effect skin barrier.

For scaring, you should look for microneedling.



Isotret is completely safe at low doses.

I wrote guide on it.

Read this microneedlng thread. Microneedlng is greatest thing to happend to your skin.
 
  • +1
Reactions: zakfatstack$
Yh I thought the same thing


So I fully stopped
It doesn't effect skin barrier. It makes it better.

If you are done with isotret, it is okey.
 
  • +1
Reactions: zakfatstack$
Yh I thought the same thing


So I fully stopped

Don't stop it, it doesn't effect skin barrier.

For scaring, you should look for microneedling.



Isotret is completely safe at low doses.

I wrote guide on it.

Read this microneedlng thread. Microneedlng is greatest thing to happend to your skin.
hey brother, i actually just bought a dr pen device and plan to use it but i didnt before because i read studies that tazarotene 0.1 prduced very similar results to microneedling so i thought it wasnt neccesary back then. i am going to use it paired with a retnoid (not at same time) but i still want your thoughts on this. your guide brings up retinol which is only a first generation retnoid vastly weaker then tazrotene.
 
hey brother, i actually just bought a dr pen device and plan to use it but i didnt before because i read studies that tazarotene 0.1 prduced very similar results to microneedling so i thought it wasnt neccesary back then. i am going to use it paired with a retnoid (not at same time) but i still want your thoughts on this. your guide brings up retinol which is only a first generation retnoid vastly weaker then tazrotene.
Use both for maximum results. That's what i do and results are great.

Accutane is oral option.

Taz and tret are topical.

Accutane is much better at doing his job then taz/tret for severe acne and SD/oily skin. You finished your course, so it isnt needed, if you dont want to micro or low dose.

Wait, there is another great thread, which would help you.


This is what i did, without PDRN, im trying to source it, but you can use HA cream, it is still good.
 
  • +1
Reactions: zakfatstack$
Use both for maximum results. That's what i do and results are great.

Accutane is oral option.

Taz and tret are topical.

Accutane is much better at doing his job then taz/tret for severe acne and SD/oily skin. You finished your course, so it isnt needed, if you dont want to micro or low dose.

Wait, there is another great thread, which would help you.


This is what i did, without PDRN, im trying to source it, but you can use HA cream, it is still good.
thank you bro, youre truly very helpful
 
  • +1
Reactions: Macan

Similar threads

abootlicker777
Replies
7
Views
42
jr49506
jr49506
A
Replies
5
Views
69
Krivi.
Krivi.
A
Replies
0
Views
5
Asian 16
A
ntfoid
Replies
16
Views
74
ntfoid
ntfoid
maxerrr420
Looksmax Accutane
Replies
1
Views
27
7iqp
7iqp

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top