hey i do gym split or full body ?

Deleted member 16758

Deleted member 16758

Silver
hello i am gymcel i grind my body 6 day a week.
this is my weekly routine:
leg + shoulder day 1
chest + biceps day 2
back + triceps day 3
leg + shoulder day 4
chest + biceps day 5
back + triceps day 6
rot at home and masturbate day 7
you think my routine is good or i sohlud do fully boddy every day? i do 3-4 movement of 4 set for each body part so total 16 set for 1 body part with 12 rep

• +1
Reactions: Lygodactylus
have you ever gone to gym before? otherwise I doubt you'll be able to make 6x/week work

Upper-lower split (4 day/week), full body (Ice Cream Fitness or the like) or push-pull-legs (once a week each) are probably the regimes best for natties.

If you're on a bunch of gear, programming doesn't seem to matter so much.

I would start with rope pulls on the first day, then you don't even need to worry anymore about what you do afterwards. Sounds way simpler to me

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14781, Umbra, Deleted member 16758 and 1 other person
Sounds fine

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16758
Full body 3x per week focused on compound movements with bench press, squat and deadlift done 3 times per week, with rows, pull ups and overhead press done 1.5x per week is best.

This is my entire gymmaxxing post: https://looksmax.org/threads/help-me-looks-max.481766/post-7927218

This is my program:

Workout A

Squat 3×4-6
Paused Bench 5×4-6
Yates Row 5×4-6
Overhead Barbell/Dumbbell Extension 3×6-10
Barbell/Dumbbell Preacher Curl 3×6-10
Romanian Deadlift 2-3×6-10

Workout B

Squat 3×4-6
Paused Overhead Press 5×4-6
Conventional Deadlift 3×4-6
Close-Grip Bench Press 3×6-8
Pull Ups 3×AMRAP

• +1
Reactions: Lygodactylus and Deleted member 16758
6x a week? Don't you have any hobbies?

Go 3x a week, do either a full body or PPL. Bro splits are for people on steroids who already know what they're doing because a beginner will not be able to train a single muscle group with that much volume and maintain any sort of useful intensity.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14781 and randomuser2407
Go 3x a week, do either a full body or PPL. Bro splits are for people on steroids who already know what they're doing because a beginner will not be able to train a single muscle group with that much volume and maintain any sort of useful intensity.
when i do full body i feel no pain in muscles

have you ever gone to gym before? otherwise I doubt you'll be able to make 6x/week work
no this is my first time im going for like 1 months now. but i had dumbbels and door pull up bar at home and i was training with them for like 2 year

Full body 3x per week focused on compound movements with bench press, squat and deadlift done 3 times per week, with rows, pull ups and overhead press done 1.5x per week is best.

This is my entire gymmaxxing post: https://looksmax.org/threads/help-me-looks-max.481766/post-7927218

This is my program:

Workout A

Squat 3×4-6
Paused Bench 5×4-6
Yates Row 5×4-6

Workout B

Squat 3×4-6
Pull Ups 3×AMRAP
Reminder that this program is awful and you can barely bench a plate

If you don't workout full body 3 times a week is recommended imo for beginners Split is only something you need to do when your body requires a light and a heavy throughout the week to get growth. For a beginner who can do just as well do full body 3 times a week with linear progress lasting 3 to 9 months even longer depending on genes and other factors. I am going off how i did it.

If you don't workout full body 3 times a week is recommended imo for beginners Split is only something you need to do when your body requires a light and a heavy throughout the week to get growth. For a beginner who can do just as well do full body 3 times a week with linear progress lasting 3 to 9 months even longer depending on genes and other factors. I am going off how i did it.
i dont feel any pain in muscles when i do full body. is this good or not

i will continue with my program i think i like my program
Your program is good, it’s an unconventional split to separate push and pull but it makes a lot of sense. There are good ways to run a full body split too but I wouldn’t unless you’re a fairly advanced lifter and bored

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16758 and Deleted member 18436

This is my program:

Workout A

Squat 3×4-6
Paused Bench 5×4-6
Yates Row 5×4-6

Workout B

Squat 3×4-6
Pull Ups 3×AMRAP
Not sure to the guy saying this is shit this is a very good workout routine i follow something similar i do front, side rear delts with a few other exercises.

i dont feel any pain in muscles when i do full body. is this good or not
You don't need to feel pain if for you to know the muscle works if the weight is going up every week you don't need to feel it. Weightlifting is very culty literally you do what you see gives you progress for myself i live and die by

Practical Programming for Strength Training - 3rd Edition
Audible Logo
Audible Audiobook – Unabridged​

You can find it for free on z library just a suggestion the book covers everything you need for the first 7 years of lifting.

Last edited:
  • +1
Not sure to the guy saying this is shit this is a very good workout routine i follow something similar i do front, side rear delts with a few other exercises.
My point is that bro splits won't work if you are a natural lifter, except maybe for the first 1-2 months of lifting.

The only way to get muscular as a natural lifter is to get strong on the main compound movements.

Since protein synthesis lasts only for up to 48 hours, doing crazy amounts of volume with 1x per week frequency isn't going to be enough, you're better off doing less volume and more frequency than the other way around. Meanwhile, guys who take steroids will not see a huge difference between bro splits and full body.

Also, full body 3x per week isn't the only option, there is also upper lower 4x per week but you spend more time in the gym and get less frequency so still slower progress.

One important thing to keep in mind is that you won't look like you lift until you can overhead press 135 lbs for 5 reps, a 225 lb yates row, bench press 225 lb for 5 reps, squat 315 lbs for 5 reps and deadlift 405 lbs for 5 reps.

Most people never get that far, even after 10 years, because they use the wrong programs.

If you want to get really huge as a natural, then you will need to reach a 100 lb weighted chin up, a 200 lb overhead press, a 300 lb yates row, a 300 lb bench press, a 405 lb squat and a 500 lb deadlift.

Also, similar logic applies to steroid users, they still need to get strong to get big, but they can rely on a lower frequency approach, simply because injecting steroids prolongs protein synthesis for an entire week instead of just 2 days.

• +1
Also, most people are not aware of all the variables of programming, they only know about volume and think that it is everything even though there are more.

Volume is the amount of total exercises, sets and reps that you do.

Frequency is the number of days that a single muscle group is worked. If you do bench press 3 times per week, you have 3x frequency for chest. If you do 3 variations of bench press in one day, you have lots of volume but only 1x frequency, so less progress.

Intensity is how close you are to your 1RM. If you do low reps, you will be at a higher intensity, if you use higher reps, you will be at a lower intensity. Research shows that the optimal way to train is to train with both high and low intensity by using evolving rep ranges.
There are videos on that phenomenon here:

Many people think that if they train 6-7 days per week, they are on a high frequency program but this is not the case.
Frequency is the amount of times per week you train a muscle group, not the amount of times per week you train.

The only benefit that you get from training 6 days per week is that you burn more calories, but you get less muscle growth than if you did 3 times per week with high frequency.

• +1
Reactions: Alexanderr
Also, most people are not aware of all the variables of programming, they only know about volume and think that it is everything even though there are more.

Frequency is the number of days that a single muscle group is worked. If you do bench press 3 times per week, you have 3x frequency for chest. If you do 3 variations of bench press in one day, you have lots of volume but only 1x frequency, so less progress.

Intensity is how close you are to your 1RM. If you do low reps, you will be at a higher intensity, if you use higher reps, you will be at a lower intensity. Research shows that the optimal way to train is to train with both high and low intensity by using evolving rep ranges.

Many people think that if they train 6-7 days per week, they are on a high frequency program but this is not the case.
Frequency is the amount of times per week you train a muscle group, not the amount of times per week you train.

The only benefit that you get from training 6 days per week is that you burn more calories, but you get less muscle growth than if you did 3 times per week with high frequency.

You know a lot but still have a shit physique, why?

how to net tired while doing high frequency i cant lift anything after 1 hour

how to net tired while doing high frequency i cant lift anything after 1 hour
You have to lower the volume by doing less sets and doing only 1 exercise per movement pattern.
Also, if you get tired on my program, it's because you're not eating enough and/or not sleeping enough.

You can't expect to make gains by maintaining shredded six pack abs, unless you take steroids.
Also, if you do a proper slow bulk, you will gain mostly muscle and you will not get fat, especially if you train like me.

Watch this:

My point is that bro splits won't work if you are a natural lifter, except maybe for the first 1-2 months of lifting.

The only way to get muscular as a natural lifter is to get strong on the main compound movements.

Since protein synthesis lasts only for up to 48 hours, doing crazy amounts of volume with 1x per week frequency isn't going to be enough, you're better off doing less volume and more frequency than the other way around. Meanwhile, guys who take steroids will not see a huge difference between bro splits and full body.

Also, full body 3x per week isn't the only option, there is also upper lower 4x per week but you spend more time in the gym and get less frequency so still slower progress.

One important thing to keep in mind is that you won't look like you lift until you can overhead press 135 lbs for 5 reps, a 225 lb yates row, bench press 225 lb for 5 reps, squat 315 lbs for 5 reps and deadlift 405 lbs for 5 reps.

Most people never get that far, even after 10 years, because they use the wrong programs.

If you want to get really huge as a natural, then you will need to reach a 100 lb weighted chin up, a 200 lb overhead press, a 300 lb yates row, a 300 lb bench press, a 405 lb squat and a 500 lb deadlift.

Also, similar logic applies to steroid users, they still need to get strong to get big, but they can rely on a lower frequency approach, simply because injecting steroids prolongs protein synthesis for an entire week instead of just 2 days.
"Most people never get that far, even after 10 years, because they use the wrong programs." You are extremely program is always where the it either fails or is down right for myself all i did was read that book that told me about what volume is required. i put on 82,5kg on my bench in the first year doing 3 sets of 5 on benchpress every 2 days. I can only speak from my experience.