(High IQ users) Could I benefit from MSE?

D

Deleted member 15089

Diamond
So I wore braces from 13-14 and was supposed to wear a nighttime retainer for 12 hours a day. I didn’t think it mattered so until recently (17 now) I had stopped wearing it
As a result:

I notice that upper tooth on both sides is completely misaligned.
I also realized I have many classic traits of underdeveloped maxilla and palate
Narrow lips at rest, 8 teeth when smiling, midface slightly too long, jaw slightly too narrow, a tiny bit recessed in general

Does it look like I could benefit from palatal expansion or any type of orthodontic treatment? Could It still work at my age? I’m pretty sure In men bones keep developing until about 20-21 so this could be lifefuel

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 11126 and Elvisandreaa
If you got misaligned significantly then you would likely have to redo orthodontic treatment. It depends on the time frame. I lost my retainer for a few months and then ended up buying a new one. My teeth did not shift much and the retainer worker and I didn't have to redo anything. But in your case I do seem slight misalignment. Its not too noticeable to the normies in the outside world , but I can see how it can mess with you mentally. More then likely you would have to get some orthodontic treatment for misaligned teeth. Palatal expansion would give your teeth more room, but the alignment issue can be fixed without it you would have to consult with them on that issue. But after that you definitely have to wear your retainer every night, as over time the teeth shift back. You should also see if they can give you a permanent retainer, It would help to make sure some point of control with the teeth is their at all times. I have one and its not that noticeable in terms of feeling it.

If you got misaligned significantly then you would likely have to redo orthodontic treatment. It depends on the time frame. I lost my retainer for a few months and then ended up buying a new one. My teeth did not shift much and the retainer worker and I didn't have to redo anything. But in your case I do seem slight misalignment. Its not too noticeable to the normies in the outside world , but I can see how it can mess with you mentally. More then likely you would have to get some orthodontic treatment for misaligned teeth. Palatal expansion would give your teeth more room, but the alignment issue can be fixed without it you would have to consult with them on that issue. But after that you definitely have to wear your retainer every night, as over time the teeth shift back. You should also see if they can give you a permanent retainer, It would help to make sure some point of control with the teeth is their at all times. I have one and its not that noticeable in terms of feeling it.
Ok cool, I just got an invisiline retainer which is supposed to “hold” the teeth but not correct anything. You can’t see in the pic bc I’m wearing invisiline, but there’s a slight gap in my upper front teeth which my ortho said he could fix, however moving the teeth would just create gaps in other teeth which didn’t make sense.
On the other note, does look like I could use palatal expansion/MSE? Would I correct the issues I listed? Would ortho even do that for someone my age?

Post your palate... If its narrow you probably will.
Also watch Jaw Hacks channel best MSE channel out there

Weird ass fucking picture:lul: but here

• Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 11126
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 11126
View attachment 1585591
Weird ass fucking picture:lul: but here
A palate expansion would mean it would allow for more space for your teeth, and then the remaining orthodontic treatment would apply the forces on the teeth properly to create a proper Alignment, so you are correct in that procedure being used. MSE would result in a larger gap being made to correct for more severe overcrowding which doesn't seem to be the case. Palate Expansion would help to outline the outer portion of your teeth in a manner that it creates an aesthetically pleasing smile, along with the concurrent orthodontic protocols to realign properly in the vertical fashion so your teeth are symmetrical.

As for your question whether yours is narrow, I would say that you can benefit from it based on the picture uploaded.

This is just my opinion. Note that you should consult with other users. The looksmaxxing section would likely have more experts their who have more looksmax IQ. I just have experience from my own journey and went from having 2 teeth sticking out to being complemented regularly on my teeth by foids.

Palate Expansion
palatal-expanders.jpg

MSE

d888bb3ac0932627f0b18f6b52f06d68-1000x650.jpg

anyone at all can benefit from it. Btw I palate mog all of you and If I got 10mm of mse expansion I'd have a mogger brutal death-ape 64mm palate.

It looks kinda narrow maybe even more narrow then mine... and I plan on getting it. Okay here's another test try smiling in a normal environment

When you take a picture of yourself smiling do you have black gaps on the right and left ends of your smile. A good healthy smile should show almost all of your teeth. If only 6 teeth are visible when you smile its generally not good.

The pic below represents what I mean...

Here’s a good example of my smile with the black spaces
Does this look like narrow palate that can be improved?

A palate expansion would mean it would allow for more space for your teeth, and then the remaining orthodontic treatment would apply the forces on the teeth properly to create a proper Alignment, so you are correct in that procedure being used. MSE would result in a larger gap being made to correct for more severe overcrowding which doesn't seem to be the case. Palate Expansion would help to outline the outer portion of your teeth in a manner that it creates an aesthetically pleasing smile, along with the concurrent orthodontic protocols to realign properly in the vertical fashion so your teeth are symmetrical.

As for your question whether yours is narrow, I would say that you can benefit from it based on the picture uploaded.

This is just my opinion. Note that you should consult with other users. The looksmaxxing section would likely have more experts their who have more looksmax IQ. I just have experience from my own journey and went from having 2 teeth sticking out to being complemented regularly on my teeth by foids.

Palate Expansion
palatal-expanders.jpg

MSE

d888bb3ac0932627f0b18f6b52f06d68-1000x650.jpg

These black spaces in my smile are a good indication of a narrow palate correct? I just feel like my orthodontist would say my palate is fine because the last time I saw him (3 weeks ago) he said everything looked good. How do I confront him about it this without it being awkward?

View attachment 1585617
These black spaces in my smile are a good indication of a narrow palate correct? I just feel like my orthodontist would say my palate is fine because the last time I saw him (3 weeks ago) he said everything looked good. How do I confront him about it this without it being awkward?
Politely say what you want,
If its awkward, so what?
You need every advantage possible for your ascension