High IQcels, GTFIH! Question about MSE/Hyrax appliance

D

Deleted member 685

Kraken
So it's set, I'm having the consult with my orthodontist January 20th, gonna tell her I suffer from bad nasal breathing and how I want to expand my palate/upper jaw to increase volume cause they're connected and how I've read studies on kids that got imroved nasal breathing from maxillary expansion.

One thing that came up to my mind is that most clinics don't seem to have MSE though, so the Hyrax appliance would probably be an easier approach.

Does it give the same results and if yes should I just tell her I think slower expansion is better cause it hurts less and won't leave me with a teeth gap? I swear if she starts offering bimax I'm crying of happiness

@Wincel @SayNoToRotting @betamanlet @CopeAndRope

• +1
Reactions: LordNorwood and SayNoToRotting
What happened to @Wincel

Hyrax is not an skeletal expander, just a regular expander anchored to the teeth. Works for some adults, not so much for others. Impossible to predict.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1464, OOGABOOGA, Deleted member 2095 and 3 others
High IQcels, GTFIH!

https://i.imgur.com/Eo7euWu.png

• JFL
  • +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Dicklet.4.3, Chintuck22, BigBoy and 3 others
Hyrax is not an skeletal expander, just a regular expander anchored to the teeth. Works for some adults, not so much for others. Impossible to predict.
Yeah I found out about that now, my stupid ass was too lazy to even watch a video of it before making a thread about it. Hope I'll be able to get MSE though, if not I'll try to get something else
You're high IQ though

Whu you didnt tag me @Gudru

giphy.gif

LEMME FIX THAT FOR YOU!

• Love it
Reactions: SayNoToRotting, BigBoy and Deleted member 685
Yeah I agree with betamanlet.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 685
Are you getting MSE too?!

Im 16 yo and currently trying to convince my parents . I need bullerproof studies who say that narrow palate is coreelated with bad nose breathing n

Im 16 yo and currently trying to convince my parents . I need bullerproof studies who say that narrow palate is coreelated with bad nose breathing n
Bro I have dozens of studies, do you need them to convince your parents? Does it cost money?

Bro I have dozens of studies, do you need them to convince your parents? Does it cost money?

Yes i need them all , can you pm me ? Arf yes it will cost a litle bit because i am in Fraçce we have the best health care system.

• +1

yoo that shit would be so helpful. can u send me all the studies u have on this? i rly need to convince my parents of this too

• +1
Yeah I found out about that now, my stupid ass was too lazy to even watch a video of it before making a thread about it. Hope I'll be able to get MSE though, if not I'll try to get something else

You're high IQ though
you wanna get MARPE
it is more common

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: curryslayerordeath
Will have to wait a few seconds before I can start a new convo, gimme a bit and I'll send it

Will it give the same benefits?
MARPE and DOME are the most effective besides MSE

SARPE is too old

segmental LeFort1 is for special cases where only the anterior part is narrow

commonly cut in 4 pieces for minor but very precise expansion

• +1
you wanna get MARPE
it is more common

Saying you wanna get MARPE and reasoning this because it’s more common is silly. MSE is an offshoot of MARPE that happens to expand more of the skeletal structure. Any ortho capable enough of doing MARPE can do MSE.
Will have to wait a few seconds before I can start a new convo, gimme a bit and I'll send it

MSE provides superior results.

Also please PM me all MSE studies you have; I lost a bunch of files including those when my computer got fucked a few days ago.

• +1
Saying you wanna get MARPE and reasoning this because it’s more common is silly. MSE is an offshoot of MARPE that happens to expand more of the skeletal structure. Any ortho capable enough of doing MARPE can do MSE.

MSE provides superior results.

Also please PM me all MSE studies you have; I lost a bunch of files including those when my computer got fucked a few days ago.
orthos are oldschooled

I showed mine the MSE and he said we need a surgery to weaken suture. But he knows something similar "schrauben unterstützde Gaumennahterweiterung" which is basically MARPE

I know that they are similar, but the German docs are too high inhib

• +1

just a heads up

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5293, Deleted member 1464, Deleted member 685 and 1 other person

just a heads up

Yeah this should be fairly intuitive. If you don’t want anything invasive I’d bet a hyrax expander is enough for expanding the lower arch.

orthos are oldschooled

I showed mine the MSE and he said we need a surgery to weaken suture. But he knows something similar "schrauben unterstützde Gaumennahterweiterung" which is basically MARPE

I know that they are similar, but the German docs are too high inhib

Ok if you’re in Germany then sure, but your ortho wasn’t even wrong. Cortical Punctures to weaken the suture are now commonly done when implanting MSE in adults.

Yeah this should be fairly intuitive. If you don’t want anything invasive I’d bet a hyrax expander is enough for expanding the lower arch.

Ok if you’re in Germany then sure, but your ortho wasn’t even wrong. Cortical Punctures to weaken the suture are now commonly done when implanting MSE in adults.
good

I will force him to install this lol

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 685 and Golden Glass
to make it short you want to avoid anything that involves a lefort 1 cut when expanding the palate (for not only having the lefort 1 part widened but your whole face). The problem with hyrax is that this device isn't solid enough for separating the suture properly so it is combined with SARPE.

Other forms of MARPE aren't as solid as the MSE. the MSE screws penetrate a lot deeper into your bone, they talk about "bi cortical engagement" which makes the expansion more uniform both vertically and horizontaly. There was a 30 min video on yt from won moon explaining all that in details but i don't remember its name and i don't have time for reseraching it on yt, i am way too busy tonight which is also the reason why this post seems so "low effort"

• +1
Reactions: kota and Golden Glass
does the mse reduce the mucous membranes and cornea in the nose?

My mother say that if mse reduce mucous and cornea , i will havr one ( not sure )

@Gudru

Last edited:
does the mse reduce the mucous membranes and cornea in the nose?

My mother say that if mse reduce mucous and cornea , i will havr one ( not sure )

@Gudru

Please elaborate on what you mean

So it's set, I'm having the consult with my orthodontist January 20th, gonna tell her I suffer from bad nasal breathing and how I want to expand my palate/upper jaw to increase volume cause they're connected and how I've read studies on kids that got imroved nasal breathing from maxillary expansion.

One thing that came up to my mind is that most clinics don't seem to have MSE though, so the Hyrax appliance would probably be an easier approach.

Does it give the same results and if yes should I just tell her I think slower expansion is better cause it hurts less and won't leave me with a teeth gap? I swear if she starts offering bimax I'm crying of happiness

@Wincel @SayNoToRotting @betamanlet @CopeAndRope

Hydrax appliance ? what does that do that's a new one

Hydrax appliance ? what does that do that's a new one
Besically expanders the palate and its teeth born, but it doesn't screw into the maxilla thus its inferior

Besically expanders the palate and its teeth born, but it doesn't screw into the maxilla thus its inferior

That is very useful i've got a very fucking narrow palate what is the limit to the expansion ? is their a age factor in all this ?

That is very useful i've got a very fucking narrow palate what is the limit to the expansion ? is their a age factor in all this ?
MSE works for adults, the other not so much

Not sure what the limit is. I guess after 2 cms of expansion you're better off stopping to prevent TMJ etc. My palate is narrow af too btw. I believe you can improve alot by Palatal Expansion.

And the age factor is that bigger changes come with younger age. Thought theres difference regardless if the patient is an adult or not

Not sure what the limit is. I guess after 2 cms of expansion you're better off stopping to prevent TMJ etc. My palate is narrow af too btw. I believe you can improve alot by Palatal Expansion.

And the age factor is that bigger changes come with younger age. Thought theres difference regardless if the patient is an adult or not
Source

• +1

Would also appreciate some studies

Your 17 right? Cause I thing at that age a Hydrax could still work good (take lots of K2, works great)

Look at the twins, how old are they? Not 18 but definitely in puberty... And it also increased IPD cause nasal sutures aren't closed yet

Attachments

• IMG_20191127_211717.png
    IMG_20191127_211717.png
    280 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

Fuark i just realized a way to simulate an full ante the universally face the key to uniqueness the idea is to get a face puller add MSE cause that include the maxilla and use those consistently and then try and get distraction osteogensis.

This legit could simulate a model face the thing about the ante is angle of the gonion and the angle of the mandibular is very much so very important no surgery can simulate this on it's on not even ccw rotation.

This is my theory how 1 could ultimately ascend literally anyone.

What seperates chad from incel is not few mm of bones but rather few angle and position.

• +1
An hyrax expander will still give you skeletal change , just not as much as MSE would. 30% of the expansion should be skeletal on adults.

Fuark i just realized a way to simulate an full ante the universally face the key to uniqueness the idea is to get a face puller add MSE cause that include the maxilla and use those consistently and then try and get distraction osteogensis.

This legit could simulate a model face the thing about the ante is angle of the gonion and the angle of the mandibular is very much so very important no surgery can simulate this on it's on not even ccw rotation.

This is my theory how 1 could ultimately ascend literally anyone.

What seperates chad from incel is not few mm of bones but rather few angle and position.
Visit ronald Eads site, he's doing MSE and a facepuller

Visit ronald Eads site, he's doing MSE and a facepuller

didn’t he stop using the face mask? The only person I saw do it was varbrah

yoo that shit would be so helpful. can u send me all the studies u have on this? i rly need to convince my parents of this too
i really didn't expect you to be controlled by decisions made by parents.
I however am a dark triad manipulative cuck, I can get them to do anything I want even sell their property tbh.

• JFL
Reactions: curryslayerordeath