High Set Cheekbones Doesn't Mean Good Undereye Support

Deleted member 9586

Deleted member 9586

Iron
A significant amount of users in this forum have a misunderstanding that there has to be a correlation between high set cheekbones and good under eye support.

This theory is completely false, and I am going to explain why.
There are two main factors responsible for the quality of one's undereye support:

1) Infra-orbital rims (the bottom eye socket, right underneath the lower eyelid).

2) Good fat distribution.

The upper maxilla mainly consists of the infra-orbital rims and the zygomatic bones (obviously there are more parts that make up the upper maxilla but these are the main things). If your upper maxilla is recessed, your infra-orbital rims along with your zygomatic bones are going to be recessed too. Therefore, if the upper maxilla is recessed in relation with the rest of your face, you're going to have hollow under eyes due to lack of bone support beneath the lower eyelids. As a result of a recessed maxilla, your zygomatic bones are also going to be recessed.

When people use the term "cheekbones", they refer to the zygomatic bones:

Zygoma

High set cheekbones are basically high set zygomatic bones. And low set cheekbones are basically low set zygomatic bones.

This is an image of a positive and negative orbital vector:

Orbital vector

If the orbital vector is negative, it's an indicator that the infra-orbitals rims are recessed. On the other hand, if it's a positive orbital vector, it's an indicator of forward-grown infra-orbital rims.

Good amount of fat distribution is important for good undereye support too, though not nearly as much as forward-grown
infra-orbitals.

To summarize, you can have low set cheekbones and great under-eye support at the same time. It's all about how forward grown your infra-orbitals rims are.

• +1
Reactions: Akatlyn, |Daddy_Zygos|, Racky and 24 others
There is no bone called the infraorbital rim.
It is a region that INCLUDES the zygomatic bone.

High set cheekbones don't mean great undereye support, but it does mean that it is better than it would have been if they were low on the same person.

High and low set are also just terms to describe how the cheekbones appear, in reality, it is related to CCW rotation of the maxilla as well as the mass of the zygomatic arch and zygoma as well.

• +1
Reactions: ungewist, RAMU KAKA, Yerico7 and 21 others
i noticed people with high zygos always got good inraorbital region around outer canthus so they never got scleral show but it means shit for rest of undereye indeed

• +1
Reactions: ungewist and Deleted member 9586
There is no bone called the infraorbital rim.
It is a region that INCLUDES the zygomatic bone.

High set cheekbones don't mean great undereye support, but it does mean that it is better than it would have been if they were low on the same person.

High and low set are also just terms to describe how the cheekbones appear, in reality, it is related to CCW rotation of the maxilla as well as the mass of the zygomatic arch and zygoma as well.
well maybe you dont know shit about upper side of eye area but you got some knowledge about lower one

• JFL
Reactions: Ocelot
well maybe you dont know shit about upper side of eye area but you got some knowledge about lower one
you've followed me around in like 7 threads about this, u persistent faggot

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: |Daddy_Zygos|, AscendingHero, Deleted member 9344 and 3 others

I agree. High cheekbones for male and low cheekbones for female will always be the ideal.

how is eriksen looks very good to me

you've followed me around in like 7 threads about this, u persistent faggot
cause i cant leave without you
youre stuck in my head like vantablack bmw x6
BMW X6 vantablack image 65

@africancel

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 9344, Deleted member 6273 and Ocelot
i noticed people with high zygos always got good inraorbital region around outer canthus so they never got scleral show but it means shit for rest of undereye indeed
I am a candidate of high set zygos but shitty under eye support

• +1
Reactions: prettyboyswag and to_stop_da_cope
yeah, i didn't say there is. however it is a part of the eye sockets
It is very evidently implied. For one, you mentioned it and the cheekbones separately, and others. I don't want to discuss semantics.

Point is, cheekbones do play in your eye support. Canthal tilt, lower lid shape. This is why many people with severe downward growth have apparent NCT and lower lid retraction, and conversely, those with large cheekbones and no recession tend to have PCT.

• +1
Reactions: |Daddy_Zygos|, TheEndHasNoEnd and AscendingHero
High zygos, dark circles, 0 fat, hollowness check in. They definitely help with the canthal tilt though.

Correct title but shit reason kys

Legit. I have very good zygos, but Delon tier undereye support

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9586
@her Whats up with all the Greycells always making the banger threads

924889C3 89A5 4983 9EE5 477B8B69077E
How’s my orbital vectors boyos?

• JFL
Reactions: mvp2v1
i could only dream

• JFL
Reactions: AscendingHero and Frank Jack
Terrible. You have negative orbital vectors, recessed maxilla, & recessed infraorbital rims along with mandibular prognathism. I'm guessing you're black?
winner GIF

• JFL
Reactions: AscendingHero
I'm assuming you're going to surgerymaxx? good luck.
Nope surgeon said I don't have prognathism. I'll prob just get infra implants & call it a day

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14470, AscendingHero and Deleted member 14563
Nope surgeon said I don't have prognathism. I'll prob just get infra implants & call it a day
Hmm, that's weird your mandible (lower jaw) seems to slightly protrude more forward than usual (this is common is blacks usually). However, your mandible protrusion could also be an exaggeration due to how far back/recessed your maxilla & orbital rims are.

• +1
Hmm, that's weird your mandible (lower jaw) seems to slightly protrude more forward than usual (this is common is blacks usually). However, your mandible protrusion could also be an exaggeration due to how far back/recessed your maxilla & orbital rims are.
View attachment 1241202
how can you tell his has mandibular prognathism from looking at the photo? what are the signs? also how do u fix maxillary prognathism?

how can you tell his has mandibular prognathism from looking at the photo? what are the signs? also how do u fix maxillary prognathism?
If you look very closely at his lower in his X-ray you can see that his lower protrudes forward when it is compared to the Wikipedia prognathism chart I sent. He also has a bit of alveolar (upper teeth area) protrusion as well.

If you look very closely at his lower in his X-ray you can see that his lower protrudes forward when it is compared to the Wikipedia prognathism chart I sent.
Still don't see it tbh, he has a class 1 bite it seems

He also has a bit of alveolar (upper teeth area) protrusion as well.
Yes i noticed this aswell, so ideally the upper and lower incisors should be retroclined?

Also if the lower incisors are very retroclined does this mean projected chin?

Still don't see it tbh, he has a class 1 bite it seems

Yes i noticed this aswell, so ideally the upper and lower incisors should be retroclined?

Also if the lower incisors are very retroclined does this mean projected chin?
It's only mild mandibular prognathism though, it's not that bad. His alveolar ridge is also mildly prognathic, which also isn't bad. It's just exaggerate due to his orbital rims & maxilla being recessed. Here's a side profile of @tyronelite:

@AscendingHero also yes. The ideal dental area should not protrude & should be orthognathic, however you an still be attractive if you have mild to moderate facial prognathism. However, too much facial prognathism is bad & will make you look archaic & primitive.

• +1
@AscendingHero also yes. The ideal dental area should not protrude & should be orthognathic, however you an still be attractive if you have mild to moderate facial prognathism. However, too much facial prognathism is bad & will make you look archaic & primitive.
That’s why I’m thinking of this procedure

Bimaxillary protrusion is mainly an aesthetic concern in East Asian & sub-Saharan African populations. It is rare in European populations.

• +1
Bimaxillary protrusion is mainly an aesthetic concern in East Asian & sub-Saharan African populations. It is rare in European populations.
Do all east aisans and blacks have it?

• +1
Reactions: Phillybeard1996
It's only mild mandibular prognathism though, it's not that bad. His alveolar ridge is also mildly prognathic, which also isn't bad. It's just exaggerate due to his orbital rims & maxilla being recessed. Here's a side profile of @tyronelite: View attachment 1241227
what causes recessed orbital rims and what's the fix?

Just get more forward growth, widen your jaws and retrocline your incisors man.

There was this excellent video called bimaxillary protrusion is just an illusion, im not sure if it's still up, but if it is, it's a must watch.

what causes recessed orbital rims and what's the fix?
From what I've seen, a variety of factors causes recessed orbital rims, they are included but not limited to: low prenatal & pubertal T levels, phenotype/ethnicity, soft diet, & race. For example, East Asians tend to have a Mongoloid skull shape which lacks forward grown orbital rims. Europeans/Whites tend to have Caucasoid skull, which tends to (however not always) have forward grown orbital rims. Forward grown orbital rims are key to have positive orbital vectors, strong under-eye support, & aesthetic eye areas.
Image for reference:

From what I've seen, a variety of factors causes recessed orbital rims, they are included but not limited to: low prenatal & pubertal T levels, phenotype/ethnicity, soft diet, & race. For example, East Asians tend to have a Mongoloid skull shape which lacks forward grown orbital rims. Europeans/Whites tend to have Caucasoid skull, which tends to (however not always) have forward grown orbital rims. Forward grown orbital rims are key to have positive orbital vectors, strong under-eye support, & aesthetic eye areas.
Image for reference:View attachment 1241379
Most people have recessed infraorbitals, someone like Gandy does and he has one of the most aesthetic eye areas of all time.

explain that.

Image for reference:View attachment 1241379
Also you seem very high iq for a giga-greycel, so whose alt are u? You're a July cel aswell, must have lurked her or on another forum tbh

Most people have recessed infraorbitals, someone like Gandy does and he has one of the most aesthetic eye areas of all time.

View attachment 1241388

explain that.
Lmao, his supraorbitals & lateral orbital rims are forward & laterally grown. If he had forward grown infraorbital rims he'd look even better. O'pry also has recessed infraorbitals but his eyes are also top-tier. If all of Gandy's orbital rims were reccesed it would be over for him.

• +1
Also you seem very high iq for a giga-greycel, so whose alt are u? You're a July cel aswell, must have lurked her or on another forum tbh
I'm from lookism. I lurk this forum every now & then.

• +1
Lmao, his supraorbitals & lateral orbital rims are forward & laterally grown. If he had forward grown infraorbital rims he'd look even better. O'pry also has recessed infraorbitals but his eyes are also top-tier. If all of Gandy's orbital rims were reccesed it would be over for him.
knew all of that, thought abt bringing O'Pry up aswell, just want to see what you know haha, you passed son.

As for lateral rims how do you know if they're forward grown?

Also for gandy would u say his supraorbital ridge is forward grown not his rim or...?

• +1
Reactions: |Daddy_Zygos|
knew all of that, thought abt bringing O'Pry up aswell, just want to see what you know haha, you passed son.

As for lateral rims how do you know if they're forward grown?

Also for gandy would u say his supraorbital ridge is forward grown not his rim or...?
It is kinda difficult, however you can tell if someone has prominent lateral orbital rims by looking at the eye area from a 3/4th view. Prominent lateral orbital rims make the eye area more angular from the side. As for Gandy I would say both his supraorbital rims & supraorbital ridges are forward grown (above average).

Prominent Lateral Orbital Rims:

Recessed Lateral Orbital Rims:

• +1
Reactions: |Daddy_Zygos|
It is kinda difficult, however you can tell if someone has prominent lateral orbital rims by looking at the eye area from a 3/4th view. Prominent lateral orbital rims make the eye area more angular from the side. As for Gandy I would say both his supraorbital rims & supraorbital ridges are forward grown (above average).
View attachment 1241402View attachment 1241404

Prominent Lateral Orbital Rims:
View attachment 1241406View attachment 1241407View attachment 1241409

Recessed Lateral Orbital Rims:
View attachment 1241410View attachment 1241412
Make sense, found the og looksmaxx post of this tho.

I just figured out that not only my supraorbitals, and infraorbitals are recessed but so are my lateral orbital rims, it's beyond over for me.:feelscry::feelsrope::feelsrope::feelsrope:

• +1
Reactions: |Daddy_Zygos| and volcelfatcel
Make sense, found the og looksmaxx post of this tho.

I just figured out that not only my supraorbitals, and infraorbitals are recessed but so are my lateral orbital rims, it's beyond over for me.:feelscry::feelsrope::feelsrope::feelsrope:
infras are crucial man, i'm vlucky i have legit bone positive vector there, bad undereye is death tier

• +1
Reactions: |Daddy_Zygos| and AscendingHero
infras are crucial man, i'm vlucky i have legit bone positive vector there, bad undereye is death tier
not worried bc i'll be getting lefort 2 tier growth soon+infra orbital plants+ haven't fully matured my supraorbital ridge and rims will come through, i just do't know what to do for lateral orbitals rims.

Until then I'll just be under eye fat maxxing for under eye support. Gandy arguably the best eye area of all time up there with Saih has giga recessed infra orbitls.

Luckily my eye area is saved by my PFH, PCT, Lashes, and Brows, thx god at least for that.

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: |Daddy_Zygos| and volcelfatcel
not worried bc i'll be getting lefort 2 tier growth soon+infra orbital plants+ haven't fully matured my supraorbital ridge and rims will come through, i just do't know what to do for lateral orbitals rims.

Until then I'll just be under eye fat maxxing for under eye support. Gandy arguably the best eye area of all time up there with Saih has giga recessed infra orbitls.

Luckily my eye area is saved by my PFH, PCT, Lashes, and Brows, thx god at least for that.
gandys negative vector is cause of being north atlantid, it's a common thing in that pheno
overall his fat distribution saves him
you either get giga saved by fat distribution or having actual bone there like barrett

• +1
Reactions: |Daddy_Zygos| and AscendingHero
you either get giga saved by fat distribution or having actual bone there like barrett
Having both is god tier tbh. I think max Henhappel has very good under eye support/POV

God tier zygos tho😍

If only I had his zygos and orbital bone mass+my current lashes/brows.........

• +1
Reactions: |Daddy_Zygos|, Alexanderr and volcelfatcel
i'm semi white and i got prognathism

Theres actually a negative correlation between good undereye support and high set zygos. Undereye support is usually a result of high zygo bonemass which means the zygos end lower as well. Usually more zygo bonemass leads to a duller zygo arch rather than a sharp one. There is also the tilt of the maxilla which effects the tilt of zygomatic arch. If its more tilted downwards, so will the zygomatic arch, meaning the zygos ends lower too. The most important thing, however, is facial leanness. If u have high set zygos chances are they are small and your face has to be giga lean like oprys to expose them. Maybe u can take a shortcut like a face lipo or whatever