Highly underrated part of looksmaxing is the bulk.

Lux

Lux

Kraken
Everybody knows the importance of leanmaxing but you can't do that properly without bulking first. You need to maintain an above-average bodyweight while simultaneously being lean & you won't get to that without first eating more to put on the weight.
& while you can debate how much body matters to your smv [ISPOILER](it matters more for respect, masculinity, aesthetics, & halo effect than female gaze bs imo)[/ISPOILER] no one can argue with how big defined neck, traps, & shoulders are a game-changer for your face. & you won't get those without weight gain.

Too many young guys on this forum are starving themselves for a lean face & weigh 120-140 lbs. Doing that will sacrifice bone development in face long term. They have poor frame & can't achieve the lean face they desire because they're too young & baby fat hasn't worn off + testosterone hasn't been in their system long enough.

Set a higher target weight on a scale & eat until you get to that. Then do more bulks & cuts & keep training until you're lean at that weight.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: sirmimbing, yayatourer, chawaje and 16 others
Bulking isn't worth it in my opinion

• +1
Reactions: Descargue96, Deleted member 15827, Deleted member and 1 other person
Bulking isn't worth it in my opinion
A decent bulk will destroy 2-3 years of the best phase of your life. For what? A 0.25 SMV increase down the line?

Being bloated in the face (which is inevitable on a bulk) is a death sentence for dating.

If you *have* to get size, do it very slowly on a clean bulk. Like a 100 to 200kcal daily surplus with little salt or fast carbs.

People on dirty bulks look like literal pigs. Then after that 2-3 year bulk you need to spend another 6-12 months to reveal the muscle. 4 years of your prime down the drain for what?

Just lean bulk.
Or if you want to 'live fast and die young' do anavar or test. You will ruin your collagen, hair and heart in the long run but since you can get fast results (6 months or less) it can be worth the tradeoff. Disclaimer: I have only ever been a natty

• +1
Reactions: tombradylover, fvolkek, Wallenberg and 9 others
If you *have* to get size, do it very slowly on a clean bulk. Like a 100 to 200kcal daily surplus with little salt or fast carbs.

People on dirty bulks look like literal pigs. Then after that 2-3 year bulk you need to spend another 6-12 months to reveal the muscle. 4 years of your prime down the drain for what?

Just lean bulk
Dirty bulking is a meme I agree 1000% there. Gets you fat & you get acne & stretchmarks & other bs.

At the same time you shouldn't be afraid to eat a medium-large surplus imo. Especially if your diet is clean. Gives you more energy to train harder as well. Faster results. Then you can have a cut/recomp phase where you could try deploying keto, fasted cardio, intermittent fasting, higher stimulant use, etc. & you got the results you think might take 3-4 years in 1-2 years.

muh bulk

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: ascension, hypergamy and Scammer
A decent bulk will destroy 2-3 years of the best phase of your life. For what? A 0.25 SMV increase down the line?

Being bloated in the face (which is inevitable on a bulk) is a death sentence for dating.

Just lean bulk.
Or if you want to 'live fast and die young' do anavar or test. You will ruin your collagen, hair and heart in the long run but since you can get fast results (6 months or less) it can be worth the tradeoff. Disclaimer: I have only ever been a natty
is there any difference in the muscle mass when you do lean bulk compared to dirty?

• +1
Reactions: Lux
Everybody knows the importance of leanmaxing but you can't do that properly without bulking first. You need to maintain an above-average bodyweight while simultaneously being lean & you won't get to that without first eating more to put on the weight.
& while you can debate how much body matters to your smv [ISPOILER](it matters more for respect, masculinity, aesthetics, & halo effect than female gaze bs imo)[/ISPOILER] no one can argue with how big defined neck, traps, & shoulders are a game-changer for your face. & you won't get those without weight gain.

Too many young guys on this forum are starving themselves for a lean face & weigh 120-140 lbs. Doing that will sacrifice bone development in face long term. They have poor frame & can't achieve the lean face they desire because they're too young & baby fat hasn't worn off + testosterone hasn't been in their system long enough.

Set a higher target weight on a scale & eat until you get to that. Then do more bulks & cuts & keep training until you're lean at that weight.
This is why I eat 5000kcals every day bulking is life so good I never wanna stop

• JFL
Reactions: ascension and Lux
is there any difference in the muscle mass when you do lean bulk compared to dirty?
the difference is tiny. You could argue that the excess cals from dirty bulk stimulate more igf production which in turn equals more muscle for a while but it ends up backfiring & fry your insulin sensitivity & getting a massive gut & stretch marks. The only successful dirty bulks I've seen weren't really dirty bulks or had some ped use.

• +1
Reactions: hypergamy and Stopping@Nothing19
you think 6'1 160 lean (12%) is good or too skinny?

• +1
weigh 120-140 lbs.
I wouldn’t even call it bulking if that is their starting weight. It’s more like putting on weight to be a normal human

• JFL
  • Woah
  • +1
Reactions: Tallooksmaxxer, Deleted member 17872, Sigmamale and 3 others
the difference is tiny. You could argue that the excess cals from dirty bulk stimulate more igf production which in turn equals more muscle for a while but it ends up backfiring & fry your insulin sensitivity & getting a massive gut & stretch marks. The only successful dirty bulks I've seen weren't really dirty bulks or had some ped use.
makes sense, thanks for clarifying

• +1
Legit so many coping twinks on this forum, I’m currently bulking from 85KG 6’1 (13-14%bf) to 95kg over the next 10 months (will be getting jaw surgery in 10 months), u need to be dimorphic at 10% for facial aesthetics for it to translate to easy ONS

• +1
bulking is seriously seriously god awful unless you have bones ALREADY in your face. every time i try bulking the fat and water retention KILLS my already boneless face and i want to commit suicide. unironically being chad and bulking is ideal.

• +1
Reactions: Gaia262 and Deleted member 19551
I just saw a fashion show and being lean just looks so high class and godly

I think people admire leanness like religion because so few can stay lean in modern times

Google ”good looking man”. No bulked up gymcel is appearing in results.

This appears

You need some muscle to not look sickly, sure, but the bulk look is not aestethic

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Slob
There is also a falseness in expectation with bulking

This is what happens when an ectomorph ”bulks up”. No for real.

50DC1B1C DEDA 4437 9361 3C3B87A0811F

For a natural who trained for 2-3 years, you are not gaining crazy amounts of muscle by jamming 5000 kcals a day

• +1
Reactions: Slob, Tallooksmaxxer, Lux and 2 others
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: LightSkinNoob, Deleted member 19995 and Deleted member 19551

190 is bare miniumum weight i need to be a man

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Slob and Deleted member 19995
my plan is to just keep training while maintaining 12% hopefully i can get to at least 170
I am 6’1” and went from 160 about a year ago to 185 now and at about 14-15% bf currently. Took a lot of diet, exercise 5-6 times a week, and sleep. My face and body look significantly better tbh, mostly because I have a giant skull and wide face. Everyone mentions it. So a big neck, traps, posterior chain etc just complement it. I also have bigger than average ears and nose so it worked out great. Being too lean isn’t always the most ideal look, but it’s all specific to your case. For some guys with smaller skulls it may make sense to keep leaner than I currently am for example. Also facial exercises, stretching body, chewing etc all helped. My skull got significantly bigger and more symmetrical so that could also be why I get treated different now

• +1
Reactions: Lux and justadude
190 is bare miniumum weight i need to be a man
Yep, I would like to get to 190-200 range but my noobie gains have died out and it’s gonna take me a bit to get there. Worth it. Everyone mentions how I’m giant now. I will never go back under 180.

Btw for reference my pheno and profile are almost identical to Gandy (based Dinaric chad), including his shitty under eye area. However I have almond eyes, not hunter eyes and my face width to height is higher. I have noticed and been told as well that my look is very intimidating to girls, esp with the increased weight. What I’m doing about that outside of current experiments in solving tear trough failo and dark circles (I am mid trial, if I solve this with no filler will post) is castor oil in eyebrows and lashes, curling eyelashes lightly with a curler, and sometimes putting elf wow brow gel on brows and a clear mascara on eyelashes, perhaps even will do a matte clear lip balm or something, rock a chain/choker/rings/watch. These bits allow me to take my Uber masculine destructo face and soften it a bit (esp bc my hair is also best suited short lol). Pls leave thoughts thanks

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero
Also no blue eyes fml, bury me. Nah lol jk. But that Adriana Lima pro pic fag claims to have an eye lightening method he won’t reveal (Inb4 just eat msm and glutathione). Someone with more clout here tag his ass and peer pressure him pls

By bulk I assume you mean lean bulk.

But yes. You’re right. Every man should lean bulk and build respectable numbers on compound movements and that will reflect on their body. Woman like muscular guys. Especially more mature woman (21-30).

• +1

Just lean bulk.
Everything here wrong pretty much. JFL just shut the fuck up.

• +1
Everything here wrong pretty much. JFL just shut the fuck up.

Nah bra

He’s pretty much banger on

Bulk is wasting time (for natty)

Just eat correctly instead

How do you look?

waddya mean

I am average.. trying to stay lean

I have bulked so many times, I only gain fat not muscle

Muscle is gained through working out and moderate kcals.. overdoing the kcals has always turned to shit for me

@Biggdink on suicide watch

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 7580
Do hill sprints make your face sag/cause wrinkles?

building more muscle on a bulk leads to a higher basal metabolic rate making it easier to burn calories and get lean
i wish people would actually take that into account

• +1