How bad is a low IPD?

Well it's still extremely rare to have such long midface as the ones I posted and in many cases gummy smile could be a problem that if corrected would make the face harmonious.

People with not extremely short midfaces like many users like to glorify here can look absolutely top tier
Yeah there are a lot people with longish midfaces who look very good, Gandy is first example. Also my midface ratio is around 0.98, mostly because low IPD.

Also i never saw ppl with that long nose area like u posted, i guess only Lefort 3 could help them a little bit.

• So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 3043
Yeah there are a lot people with longish midfaces who look very good, Gandy is first example.
Not really a long midface, I think this model I've been spamming constantly is a better example

2b19b86e44ec83308dfa4b469f2525e8.jpg

Also i never saw ppl with that long nose area like u posted, i guess only Lefort 3 could help them a little bit.
I know you're probably memeing here but no, LeFort III will not benefit his face at all, he doesn't even have bad orbital area. Middle third length is his only detrimental flaw.

Not really a long midface, I think this model I've been spamming constantly is a better example

2b19b86e44ec83308dfa4b469f2525e8.jpg

I know you're probably memeing here but no, LeFort III will not benefit his face at all, he doesn't even have bad orbital area. Middle third length is his only detrimental flaw.
Yeah i wouldnt touch this guys face at all. Also LF3 is meme surgery of PSL autists who think they can go on god mode with that. I mentioned guys you posted above. Their faces are just scary long and if LF3 can really shorten nose area then they could get some change with that.

Do you think chewing tons of gum could help? Or is it my vertically and horizontally narrow chin?

Your chin fits your face well tbh if it was wider it would look more masculine but it could mess up harmony

If your mandible is rotated upwards at the back (usually means shit gonial angle) then chewing would only train like 80% the temporalis muscle and your eyes would look eventually cyclops close set.

If its not rotated upwards then it would help but there is no way to know by how much. I wouldnt say by a lot. Big masseters can sometimes make your face appear more round than squared because its muscle not bone

You can get a xray to see if your mandible is angled upwards at the back (bad) or angled correctly downwards (good). Being correctly rotated makes a lower third look much better. There are surgeries to correct that and maybe some appliance can achieve that? idk

• +1
Reactions: retard
Yeah i wouldnt touch this guys face at all. Also LF3 is meme surgery of PSL autists who think they can go on god mode with that. I mentioned guys you posted above. Their faces are just scary long and if LF3 can really shorten nose area then they could get some change with that.
In hindsight the 2nd dude I posted looks much better in a different photo

In hindsight the 2nd dude I posted looks much better in a different photo

Wtf at that change

That model you posted has seriously good lips. If I can blackpill my lip lift and mouth widening surgeon to do that I should be set tbh

Well, if by low IPD you mean really low IPD and not just slight below avarage, so yes, is pretty bad, can kill a person totally even with other good traits, also is uncommon to see a person with low IPD and other good features or normal face instead of a narrow face, because the orbitals are connected bones with every other bone, so...
if it's 46% of your zygo width then it looks fine most likely, but your zygos breadth is tiny af, woman tier?
what's your fwhr

Woman have pretty big zygos, more than man, is at least what i see in real life and photos.

(I pretty sure that woman have more FHWR at all to and i am more attracted to them).
A very long midface is much worse, only for the fact that a narrow IPD can be even practically corrected.
And that's coming from a poster that says that you can look good with long midface.

Narrow IPD and very long midfaces are connected.
Wtf at that change

That model you posted has seriously good lips. If I can blackpill my lip lift and mouth widening surgeon to do that I should be set tbh

What your lips looks like.

Last edited:
Only if you have excessive gummy smile like in the case presented, otherwise you'll end up burrying your teeth below your upper lip

I can't give a number cause there's no data online but I'd say this is an example of a way too long middle third
1OypU1f.jpg

1p6xnxvu1og11.jpg
Holy shit that looks fucking awful.
The 2nd has it even worse since he bad close set+ Long midface.
Fortunately for me I have very compact midface atleast.

Last edited:
Low fwhr is death sentence bro, average fwhr is 1.85-1.9, no surgery can fix fwhr.
I know it sounds bad on paper but on my pic does it looks that bad? I don’t think it’s bad on me and that pic has lens distortion too, I might just be coping though idk

I know it sounds bad on paper but on my pic does it looks that bad? I don’t think it’s bad on me and that pic has lens distortion too, I might just be coping though idk
If you really wanna calc fwhr take a pic using good cmera from a couple of meters away at a neutral angle.

Nothing is able to significantly shorten the middle third of the face, not even impacting the maxilla will and that's because there's a problem with the remaining soft tissues.

You don't really shorten the midface here, you just try to mask its length, though I agree that it's one of the only things that can "save" someone with long midface.

Which is why I only said it's practically correctable, I didn't mention what happens if you realistically consider having it.
Modified lefort 3 would stretch the tissues and give the healthy look back.