How Can I Learn Python Programming Fast?

randomvanish

randomvanish

České srdce, otevřené všem!
So I work for an international company that produces industrial equipments. The center will be based in Berlin. I've worked remotely for 8 months. My supervisor told me that if I could add Python to my CV, I would be able to stay in Berlin with a promotion because a position for a data scientist would be available. However, I don't know any programming at all. I have only got 6 months.

I need to learn Python for sales analysis, and he offered me to look up this article,

which is not a fucking tutorial. I doubt if i can learn from a tutorial anyway. he insisted that python is easy, no need to programming background, etc.

What should I do?

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard, Lmao, Hero of the Imperium and 2 others
@Chinacurry
Make sure to ask normal guys, and not some autistic code-apes.

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard and randomvanish
learning it fast might be the fastest way

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 18522, Deprived, CEO of Sex and 8 others
stop wasting time on this site

• +1
Reactions: GetShrekt, Deleted member 18522, zharupodrugu and 8 others
„jUsT sTaRt PrOgRaMmInG“ :feelsuhh: is what i got from every IT nerd when I mentioned that I wanted to learn

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 17791, apocalypse and Toth's thot
there is nothing really to learn in python, the syntax is basically human language. what you should learn instead are general programming concepts

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: 5'8manlet, zharupodrugu, Alex_mentalcel and 9 others
So I work for an international company that produces industrial equipments. The center will be based in Berlin. I've worked remotely for 8 months. My supervisor told me that if I could add Python to my CV, I would be able to stay in Berlin with a promotion because a position for a data scientist would be available. However, I don't know any programming at all. I have only got 6 months.

I need to learn Python for sales analysis, and he offered me to look up this article,

which is not a fucking tutorial. I doubt if i can learn from a tutorial anyway. he insisted that python is easy, no need to programming background, etc.

What should I do?

I would suggest

Its really simple and you could probably finish their python section in a few days and it will probably go over the very basics.
Then all you need to do is implement what you learned into practical projects and then that's it.

I used solo learn for java and found it quite decent it is still basic tho so If you really want to learn in depth I would probably learn the documentation or something.

Some other websites which have been recommended to me for python (Have no experience with myself. But they where recommend by people who are good programmers and know their stuff):

List of Practical Projects

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: gymmaxedhorse, Lmao, Bakin donuts 🍩 and 6 others
python is cope, its all about face and height

• JFL
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: 5'8manlet, CEO of Sex, Deleted member 17429 and 15 others
@Chinacurry
Make sure to ask normal guys, and not some autistic code-apes.
Honestly my coding days are well behind me, so I can't help in this one bhais

• So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: Crusile, gymmaxedhorse and Sigmamale
Can Python give me bimax?

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deprived, Crusile, Pikabro and 6 others
you doing other shit now bhai?
Coding helped me a lot when I started out as an analyst, I still know how to do it, and occasionally school my minions on it, but not python sadly

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Danish_Retard, Lmao, Sigmamale and 2 others
Honestly any tutorial/course would work. Python is pretty easy

Read or watch tutorials and create various projects to put your skills to practice
Here's a beginner project that I can recommend for you. Your goal is to the deduce how many percentage of a male models audience are men by webscraping the comment section of a instagram post and using a relatively reliable algorithm that you have created yourself to determine the gender of an account so you can determine if they are males or not

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard, Pikabro and randomvanish
freecodecamp
coding bats
leetcode

in that order

• +1
Reactions: fl0w
What do you do for work do you run a company or something :unsure:?
He‘s career maxed, mirin him Hard. Gets to do the fun stuff while delegating the boring stuff away to his hoard of 80h/week slaves.
despicable me agnes GIF

• JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: randomvanish and Nims
I would suggest
Nicolas Cage Laughing GIF

• JFL
Reactions: Nims
The most taxing thing is to learn how to think like a programmer, learning python is easy, just watch a course from MIT. You have to think how to apply the syntax to do what you want to achieve. Don't underestimate first principle thinking, it sounds like cope but it really does wonders.

Read or watch tutorials and create various projects to put your skills to practice
Here's a beginner project that I can recommend for you. Your goal is to the deduce how many percentage of a male models audience are men by webscraping the comment section of a instagram post and using a relatively reliable algorithm that you have created yourself to determine the gender of an account so you can determine if they are males or not
Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

I fucking wish i can do that JFL. god damn that would be so cool

• JFL
Reactions: StrangerDanger
The most taxing thing is to learn how to think like a programmer, learning python is easy, just watch a course from MIT. You have to think how to apply the syntax to do what you want to achieve. Don't underestimate first principle thinking, it sounds like cope but it really does wonders.
there is nothing really to learn in python, the syntax is basically human language. what you should learn instead are general programming concepts
„jUsT sTaRt PrOgRaMmInG“ :feelsuhh: is what i got from every IT nerd when I mentioned that I wanted to learn
god damn it this is not an advice, i need specific guidelines, it's really hard to start from scratch and learn to work for a company :feelswah::feelswah:

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard and Corleone
god damn it this is not an advice, i need specific guidelines, it's really hard to start from scratch and learn to work for a company :feelswah::feelswah:
your question was terrible, thats why you got terrible answers
what id recommend you do is actually not just ''start programming'', get yourself familliar and start building projects from simple to complex
i nearly finished coding a small indie video game without having learned for loop, i made like 1000 lines of code for rain effect

your question was terrible, thats why you got terrible answers
what id recommend you do is actually not just ''start programming'', get yourself familliar and start building projects from simple to complex
i nearly finished coding a small indie video game without having learned for loop, i made like 1000 lines of code for rain effect
but my supervisor specifically told me only to focus on sales analytics, otherwise I couldn't handle that much information, which is understandable because i'm not an engineering student or programming enthusiast.

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard, Corleone and jaw_is_law
I would advice hiring a mentor for about 20$ an hour for 2 to 4 hours a day who will teach you programming, you can ask them as many questions as you want and as long as they are experienced they will help you and try to teach you everything you need to know. As long as you yourself are helpable. If your un-helpable then no amount of help or advice will help you.

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard, Crusile and randomvanish
It's true tho and it's like that for every language. People spend more time on LEARNING instead of actually CODING. You learn by doing. You could learn faster coding projects and reading documentation as you go along than by taking any course.

What should I do?

by introducing urself to the python in my pants

• +1
Reactions: CEO of Sex
6 months is an eternity rofl you can learn it in a week

• +1
Reactions: Corleone
The best way is to maybe pick up 1 solid tutorial either for free on YouTube (there are tons) or sites like Udemy.

Try looking for project based coding tutorials, not that handholding bullshit that just teaches you concepts. You want to finish a tutorial actually having made something.

You can look up course reviews on Reddit easily.

After 1 tutorial, immediately start trying to make things with what you’ve learned.

Do not get fucking stuck in tutorial hell.

The best way to learn code outside a degree is by experience, and in turn making things, over and over.

Whether it’s a fucking calculator or a snake game, just make something, after you’ve made the first project, make another, more complex, etc.

Look up tutorials on the projects you are trying to make if you absolutely must.

I suggest learning how to make something that automates a part of your job, as Python is king for automation tasks, like moving CSVs to Excel or vice versa, or automatically downloading files in an email.

6 months is enough time, aim for 1 simple project a day, then scale that up to larger projects that may take 3 days or even up to a week.

It’s all about discipline and dedication.

• +1
Reactions: randomvanish, Pikabro and Corleone
:feelshehe: saved

• JFL
Reactions: StrangerDanger
python is an interpreted language, easier to learn than compiled languages. Concentrate on algorithm books, and then some OOP basics . Python is among the closest languages that you can consider a pseudocode.

there are so many books, but this is the one i found helpful ...

Think Python: How to Think Like a Computer Scientist​

• +1
Reactions: randomvanish
all you need to hit up the job interviews

you're welcome my nigga :Comfy:

all you need to hit up the job interviews

you're welcome my nigga :Comfy:
Has nothing to do with python or data analysis

• +1
Reactions: Mongrelcel
Has nothing to do with python or data analysis
yeah, because why would you fuck with python and data analysis when webdev is by far the easiest to learn and has the best job opportunities?

• +1
yeah, because why would you fuck with python and data analysis when webdev is by far the easiest to learn and has the best job opportunities?
because his boss told him to learn python if he wants the job he wants to work in.

• JFL
Reactions: Mongrelcel
I couldn't achieve to learn anything. Keep doing my old job, probably for the next 5 years or so. Fuck industrial machines sales

• +1
odin project, free code camp, udemy, etc.. even utube.

the fact you had to go to an incel forum to ask this shows you will indeed lose your job.

• So Sad
Reactions: randomvanish
odin project, free code camp, udemy, etc.. even utube.

the fact you had to go to an incel forum to ask this shows you will indeed lose your job.
I got promoted actually. I just wanted to add another skill but no chance, seems to be. Programming is not my cup of tea i guess.