How can tret impact the eyes, even tho it supposedly does not go systemic?

Mongrelcel

Mongrelcel

Banned
Studies indicate that the amount of tretinoin that goes systemic is negligible - and yet, me & many others have felt negative sides (dry eyes, damaged meibomian glands) even when taking maximum precaution to not let any tret get even near the eyes

What mechanism could be causing this? If it did not get there topically, and it does not go systemic in any significant amount, then how can tret impact the function of meibomian glands?

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: ChristianChad, PURE ARYAN GENETICS and Deleted member 15827
how do you know it doesnt go systemic?

If you have dry eyes and dont even put tret anywhere near your eyes then something it's happening

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad and Mongrelcel
how do you know it doesnt go systemic?
there have been studies done on this

If you have dry eyes and dont even put tret anywhere near your eyes then something it's happening
I can confidently say it's tret, problems begun with tret and lessened when I stopped using tret
given that clinical research says that retinoids damage the meibomian glands, I'm sure it had to somehow be tret

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad
i ve had no effect and ive been using for it 6 months everyday max strength no side effects

• +1
Reactions: Seth Walsh, ChristianChad and Mongrelcel
0 impact, but avoid the eye area....its too strong

• Ugh..
Reactions: Mongrelcel
I had exact same issue and conclusion boyo. Get severe dry eyes no matter what.

I am needling+LLLT maxxing, it boosts collagen and fights wrinkling way more than tret anyway (proven in comparision studies). And without tret face is actually less irritated so you can actually needle harder or even sun exposure a bit, things you cant really do on tret. I think tret is cope if you are needling tbh.

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad, Cope>rope, Mongrelcel and 1 other person

I am needling+LLLT maxxing, it boosts collagen and fights wrinkling way more than tret anyway (proven in comparision studies). And without tret face is actually less irritated so you can actually needle harder or even sun exposure a bit, things you cant really do on tret. I think tret is cope if you are needling tbh.
well you can't do tret and needle at the same time

• Hmm...
I've had the same issues. I applied far away from the eyes, used vaseline as a border AND rinsed of tret after 1 minute. I still got issues with dry eyes. I've read something about cell communication with tret. In other words trer affects the skin at parts where it's not absorbed tjrough cell communication. I would assume tret communicates with the meibomian glands and dries them out.

• +1
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS and Mongrelcel

lifefuel if microneedling gave you similar results as tret

for me so far hasn't done much, but I havent been at it for long
mind sharing routine?

what's LLLT? elab pls

lifefuel if microneedling gave you similar results as tret

for me so far hasn't done much, but I havent been at it for long
mind sharing routine?

what's LLLT? elab pls
Had been on tret for 1.5 years. I very very slowly improved skin but only in 2 microneedling sessions the change was massive without being dry/irritated and eye dryness all day.

LLLT is red light therapy

Pretty much every "Tret vs Microneedling" study for any cause (acne, scarring, wrinkling) Microneedling always has better results.

For example:
Conclusion: Compared with tretinoin, microneedling seems to be a more effective, permanent and satisfactory treatment in the treatment of comedonal acne.

Typical treatment is one session every 2-4 weeks (depends on how fast you heal, I do once every 2 weeks thanks to not using tret so thats why I see tret counterproductive atm)

• +1
Reactions: Mongrelcel, PURE ARYAN GENETICS and ChristianChad
LLLT is red light therapy

Pretty much every "Tret vs Microneedling" study for any cause (acne, scarring, wrinkling) Microneedling always has better results.

For example:
Conclusion: Compared with tretinoin, microneedling seems to be a more effective, permanent and satisfactory treatment in the treatment of comedonal acne.

Typical treatment is one session every 2-4 weeks (depends on how fast you heal, I do once every 2 weeks thanks to not using tret so thats why I see tret counterproductive atm)
Microneedling doesn't treat acne, just scars. And lasers mogg anyways for scar removal

You are literally quoting a post with a linked study that proves it treats better acne than tretinoin :lul::lul::lul::lul:
This forum is retarded and can't inform themselves and is a tretinoinmaxxx echo chamber and people just repeat it but I have found more than 6 comparative studies already where microneedling is beating literally every method in the planet for collagen and repair induction, its way better than people portray it here and has 0 side effects unlike tretinoin

Check this old 38yo foid who did microneedling monotherapy (nothing else) only 8 sessions (shes even being lazy) and judge results. How many 38 yos do you see with that skin

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS
You are literally quoting a post with a linked study that proves it treats better acne than tretinoin :lul::lul::lul::lul:
This forum is retarded and can't inform themselves and is a tretinoinmaxxx echo chamber and people just repeat it but I have found more than 6 comparative studies already where microneedling is beating literally every method in the planet for collagen and repair induction, its way better than people portray it here and has 0 side effects unlike tretinoin
yeah bro but most needles are trash quality. and the ones that are proven not trash are $1k+ and only available to salons. most normies use the worst dogshit chink roller with shit technique and that fucks their skin hard

Dr Pen is not expensive, even some low end clinics use it. And yeah dermarollers are shit, they enter the skin in an angle and cause more trauma than necessary.

@oldslapcel depth?

I use 1.5mm on deep forehead wrinkles/nasolabials, 1mm rest of the face, 0.5mm nose and 0.25mm undereyes (too thin skin). You must have visible erythema for best results (some pinpoint bleeding is ok too). Once I stop my session my temple forehead vein is literally about to explode from all circulation stimuli lol

• +1