How come in the simulation by won moon the changes in the skull seemingly ingore the suture below the cheekbones?

Mongrelcel

Mongrelcel

Banned
Results (pulling at +30 degrees):

But there is a suture right below the cheekbones:

Wouldnt all the "growth" happen in this suture (and therefore leaving you with the dog-like appearance)? Because in the simulation we can see changes even to the infraorbital rims

@Hunterslayer @retard @nelson

there is a reason why thats only simulation

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Toth's thot and Mongrelcel
I guess my question would be, why should facepulling induce any chnage to the cheekbones, if theres a suture right below them?

I guess my question would be, why should facepulling induce any chnage to the cheekbones, if theres a suture right below them?
It shouldnt and it wont

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6997 and Deleted member 4430
I don’t think that it would give a dog appearance. Also don’t think that suture is weak enough to separate.

• +1
Reactions: Mongrelcel
The sutures were included ill color code them
032B17D4 5113 4EA6 AFA0 E4949E6CC5E4

blue suture is zygomaticotemporal
red is the zygomaticomaxillary (the one you pointed out in the op)
black one is frontonasal

growth is generated also at the zygomaticotemporal suture which is where zygo forward growth comes from (it also provides maxilla forward movement)

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: AscendingHero and Mongrelcel
The transverse expansion would only push the zygomaticomaxillary suture together. Reverse pull headgear could maybe achieve some sagittal separation at the zygomaticomaxillary suture, but I think the transverse expansion does more to disarticulate other perimaxillatry sutures like the pterygopalatine, zygomaticofrontal, and zygomaticotemporal sutures, making them more malleable to the traction. In practice, they tend to see rotational movement swinging to the side and forward with a fulcrum around the zygomaticofrontal suture.

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero and Mongrelcel

Users who are viewing this thread

Back