How dangerous are undereye fillers/cheeks

Deusmaximus

Deusmaximus

Kraken
I already got fillers to the lateral cheekbones and like the result. Its just that my io.rim now lacks support and I want to get fillers there.
Had a appointment with my doctor last week, and he seemed a bit conservative with undereye fillers maybe because of possible side effects/complications.
He could do 0.2ml of filler to both eyes and inject to the rest (0.5ml) to my nasolabial folds.
I asked him about blindness and he said there is always a risk and never impossible even though he does the injections with blunt cannula :(

Is it really that dangerous? Should I skip the appointment?
Thats the point where I want to get the injections:
"corners of the orbital rim"

Bildschirmfoto 2021 11 16 um 171253
Voluma under eye ba 9

I don't think I have seen an under eye filler related blindness in bibliography. The risk exists in theory though.

get blepharoplasty or fat grafts if you are conserned about undrr eye bags

• +1
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS
get blepharoplasty or fat grafts if you are conserned about undrr eye bags
I dont have undereye bags. Its just that my lateral cheekbones are prominent and the undereye bone support is a bit lacking.

• +1
Reactions: Primordial
I don't think I have seen an under eye filler related blindness in bibliography. The risk exists in theory though.
If that's interesting to you, i just found an article on blindness cases from fillers.

"There were 48 cases of blindness following filler treatment reported in the world literature between January 2015 and September 2018. During the same time period approximately 9.5 million cosmetic filler procedures were performed in the United States alone.1 Although visual complications are inevitably underreported in the literature as reflected by the higher numbers seen in the US FDA’s MAUDE database,2 the risk of blindness remains extremely low. Nevertheless, 48 newly published cases in nearly 4 years is an increase over 98 cases published from 1906 to 2015, bringing the total number of cases to 146 in 113 years. For the years 2015 to 2018, the majority (81.3%) of published cases of vision compromise caused by filler were from HA filler; and the highest-risk injection location was the nose (56.3% of cases)."

• +1
Reactions: TrestIsBest
If that's interesting to you, i just found an article on blindness cases from fillers.

"There were 48 cases of blindness following filler treatment reported in the world literature between January 2015 and September 2018. During the same time period approximately 9.5 million cosmetic filler procedures were performed in the United States alone.1 Although visual complications are inevitably underreported in the literature as reflected by the higher numbers seen in the US FDA’s MAUDE database,2 the risk of blindness remains extremely low. Nevertheless, 48 newly published cases in nearly 4 years is an increase over 98 cases published from 1906 to 2015, bringing the total number of cases to 146 in 113 years. For the years 2015 to 2018, the majority (81.3%) of published cases of vision compromise caused by filler were from HA filler; and the highest-risk injection location was the nose (56.3% of cases)."
It can happen especially in risky areas Glabellar supraorbital rims, nose and around the mouth. But I haven't see a case of blindness that occurred from injection of fillers into the lower eyelid . I had one my self 2 weeks ago

It can happen especially in risky areas Glabellar supraorbital rims, nose and around the mouth. But I haven't see a case of blindness that occurred from injection of fillers into the lower eyelid . I had one my self 2 weeks ago
Nasolabial folds also seems risky :( I will get both done tomorrow.

The good news is once you go blind you can get more fillers without worrying about blindness

• JFL
Reactions: king_bandon, NorwoodMilitant and theanonymousone
Did you get the filler injected straight on the orbital bone? Blunt Cannula? How many ml?
Yes. Right on the orbital bone/tear trough. Blunt cannula 1ml total. Want to get 1 more ml though.

I had undereye and cheek filler done about a year ago from a prominent plastic surgeon in CA. He told me he has never experienced a patient having any issues with it.

But I could not tell the difference before and after. You could sort of tell if you looked close but most people would not notice. Waste of money.

Why don't you get custom infraorbital implants instead? I have recessed lower and lateral orbitals, and it's something I'll need to fix if I want to stop looking.. fucked. But I haven't considered fillers because of this risk of blindness. I wouldn't risk it tbh. You'll live on this shit Earth another 50 years maybe. You don't want to spend it blind.

• +1
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS
fillers are shit no matter how you look at it. it's just quick and easy for the 'doctor'

• +1
Reactions: Real and Deleted member 5786

Last edited:
What nobody talks about is filler bloat. All that hyaluronic acid just lingers there in unstructured form until your face looks like a bloated mess after years of filling.