How do I even know if I'm holding my head straight?

optimisticzoomer

optimisticzoomer

Respectable gentleman.
Whenever I try and look straight forward and take a picture of myself, with camera lens straight, I notice my head is always cocked slightly to the side, even though it feels natural to me.

I have some asymmetry but I don't know where it stems from cos I don't know how to even align my head straight when looking forward, or get used to not having my head tilted slightly to one side.

Like this:
How to draw a face step by step
IMG 20221204 155319

First normal, second tilted like me

So I'm not sure which parts of my asymmetrical face are even meant to line up on a horizontal plane

• +1
Reactions: ThousandCuts and Deleted member 23554
Guy in pic has sclera show over for him

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 21044 and ThousandCuts
Whenever I try and look straight forward and take a picture of myself, with camera lens straight, I notice my head is always cocked slightly to the side, even though it feels natural to me.

I have some asymmetry but I don't know where it stems from cos I don't know how to even align my head straight when looking forward, or get used to not having my head tilted slightly to one side.

Like this:
View attachment 1980948View attachment 1980949
First normal, second tilted like me

So I'm not sure which parts of my asymmetrical face are even meant to line up on a horizontal plane
i have the same bump

• +1
Reactions: ThousandCuts and optimisticzoomer
Guy in pic has sclera show over for him
i have sclera show as well why is this a bad feature? i have mogger eyebrows eye shape and color so everyone compliments it

• +1
Reactions: ThousandCuts
Do you have scoliosis or knee issues or lower back issues?
It often stems from one of these. If you do then all you can do is to get muscular and keep a proper posture for the rest of your life.
If you want to be sure your head is straight then maybe straighten your head by trying to get as tall as you can like a height self-conscious sperg.

• +1
Reactions: optimisticzoomer
It often stems from one of these. If you do then all you can do is to get muscular and keep a proper posture for the rest of your life.
If you want to be sure your head is straight then maybe straighten your head by trying to get as tall as you can like a height self-conscious sperg.
i have neck and mid back pain with forward head is it related to one of those?

• +1
Idk about scoliosis, don't think so. No issues with pain anywhere. My knees often crunch slightly if I do squats or something but that's it

• +1
i have neck and mid back pain with forward head is it related to one of those?
I don't have neck issues, maybe thanks to thick neck but I do have a slightly forward head I need t okeep in check and back pain like you do although more like in the lower back. I have scoliosis and I was taught by doctor that all of my problems stem from it. I fixed it by being muscular and trying to get taller as in my posture and do stretches and taking glucosamine supps.
Now to answer your question: most likely.

I don't have neck issues, maybe thanks to thick neck but I do have a slightly forward head I need t okeep in check and back pain like you do although more like in the lower back. I have scoliosis and I was taught by doctor that all of my problems stem from it. I fixed it by being muscular and trying to get taller as in my posture and do stretches and taking glucosamine supps.
Now to answer your question: most likely.
okay thanks i should posturemax asap

• +1
Idk about scoliosis, don't think so. No issues with pain anywhere. My knees often crunch slightly if I do squats or something but that's it
Maybe it has to do with posture when sleeping. Maybe it has to do with your posture when using the computer. Maybe it is related to your job. Maybe it is related with the way you chew. Maybe it's related with the way your rest your head. Maybe it's genetic. What comes to my mind as a cure are neck stretches and neck training.

• +1
Reactions: optimisticzoomer