How do I suppress the urge to play vidya?

D

Deleted member 21796

maxilia and bones determine everything
this is so cucked I want to play video games when I know they are a complete utter waste of time, rape my dopamine receptors and brought me nothing but depression because of addiction... How do I suppress this urge to play vidya?

Cold turkey like any addiction. Replace your habit with a healthier habbit.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 21796
Cold turkey like any addiction. Replace your habit with a healthier habbit.
yeah I need to dopamine fast but it's hard af I need to discipline max

yeah I need to dopamine fast but it's hard af I need to discipline max
Trust me early 20s I used to smoke weed all day, eat junk, play MMOs and watch anime all day for an entire year. I would even turn up stoned to my callcenter job. I was the ultimate loser, but had the time of my life.
But in terms of your overall goals it's just time wasted. Once you realize this, which it seems u have, it becomes easier since ull automatically start feeling bad when you give in to your urges.

• +1
Trust me early 20s I used to smoke weed all day, eat junk, play MMOs and watch anime all day for an entire year. I would even turn up stoned to my callcenter job. I was the ultimate loser, but had the time of my life.
But in terms of your overall goals it's just time wasted. Once you realize this, which it seems u have, it becomes easier since ull automatically start feeling bad when you give in to your urges.
Did you really have the time of your life or you regret it now?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 22623
Did you really have the time of your life or you regret it now?
Honestly, when I was in it, it felt amazing. Was living with two friends and we always had a blast and would play MMOs together while all gigabaked.. in terms of regret, yeah I couldve done better and healthier things and set myself up for a better future. But I've regretted so many things I've done in the past or missed in the past that I've just come to say fuck it and focus on what I can do better today.

I try not to worry about the future or dwell on the past since that only makes me depressed and anxious

• +1
Honestly, when I was in it, it felt amazing. Was living with two friends and we always had a blast and would play MMOs together while all gigabaked.. in terms of regret, yeah I couldve done better and healthier things and set myself up for a better future. But I've regretted so many things I've done in the past or missed in the past that I've just come to say fuck it and focus on what I can do better today.

I try not to worry about the future or dwell on the past since that only makes me depressed and anxious
yeah but that's the thing you were playing with friends I'm just a loser playing alone and wasting my life jfl. I wasted my teenage years on computer like a dopamine addicted dog and now I regret it deeply. I could have looksmaxxed and lifemaxxed but now it's all lost...

yeah but that's the thing you were playing with friends I'm just a loser playing alone and wasting my life jfl. I wasted my teenage years on computer like a dopamine addicted dog and now I regret it deeply. I could have looksmaxxed and lifemaxxed but now it's all lost...
Never too late to make a positive change in your life man... Doesn't matter if it's in ur 20s, 30s or 40s.

• +1
Reactions: Orc and Deleted member 21796