How do second growth spurts happen?

Zures

Zures

Bronze
like someone was 5'6 at 11 and grows to 5'11 at 14 (1st growth spurt), then stays that height for 3 or 4 years and grows to 6'2 (2nd growth spurts)

why does that happen so much with people? they achieve a height, stay in it and out of the blue grow even more :lul: wtf

(I'm 6'0 at 15y old and haven't grown an inch since 13y old, even though I have my grandpa height genes since he was 6'3 and both my parents are 5'7)

Goat:
@FreakkForLife

• JFL
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: thecel, DarkLooks and mvp2v1
  • +1
Reactions: DarkLooks
  • So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: DarkLooks and FreakkForLife
bone age older than normal age by 3 years
(at 14 my bone age was 17)
I don't know how a second growth spurt would be possible. I think it may just be a pause in growth. You can be sure that you will not grow much more if your bone age is 3 years more than your age and you haven't grown since 13

• +1
Reactions: Zures
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1901
they dont

• +1
Reactions: TeenAscender and fauxfox
i havent grown an inch since 6th grade im 5'8

• JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: SexuallyAbusive and DarkLooks
Free a real nigga Lil Les

They're very very rare, most people reach their final adult height (or an inch shorter than it) at 16.

• Hmm...
Reactions: DarkLooks
like someone was 5'6 at 11 and grows to 5'11 at 14 (1st growth spurt), then stays that height for 3 or 4 years and grows to 6'2 (2nd growth spurts)

why does that happen so much with people? they achieve a height, stay in it and out of the blue grow even more :lul: wtf

(I'm 6'0 at 15y old and haven't grown an inch since 13y old, even though I have my grandpa height genes since he was 6'3 and both my parents are 5'7)

Goat:
@FreakkForLife
Do u know the person who experienced the case u mentioned?

I think there's genetic programming for this So they see growth in more than 1 phases or either these peoeple have low Estrogen so their plates don't fuse and then their body grows later again because of increase in HGH due to lifestyle change or genetic triggers

bone age older than normal age by 3 years
(at 14 my bone age was 17)
Bone age isn't that accurate,u need x-rays(Or MRIs,MRIs are the most accurate) to see if ur plates are open or closed.
Even x-rays show more fusion in the growth plates than there really is,so yes,x-rays are a bit inaccurate too.

If u have open growth plates u could take aromasin,so ur plates don't fuse anymore and then blast hgh and igf1 to grow taller

when you start asking questions about your growth, it means it’s already done.

it’s impossible to notice a stop in growth and then have it resume.

• +1
Reactions: NoCope
when you start asking questions about your growth, it means it’s already done.

it’s impossible to notice a stop in growth and then have it resume.
i'm fine with 6'0 tho
ty for the daily reminder that i finished growing at 13 😶

Goat:
@FreakkForLife
Imagine being 5’6 at 11 lmao

I only reached 4’11 at like 14.5yo

All about mindset, unironically