How do you isolate your chest ?

Eezz

Eezz

Death standu hamuno
Whenever I do a chest exercise (bench or else) my arms and shoulders do everything, is the chest even useful

• +1
Reactions: ItsOverCel
Work on your mind-muscle connection to the chest + if u per se are benching, your shoulders should be arched so that your chest gets more of the load, just watch benching tutorials on yt. As far as using arms goes, you cant really remove their contribution from benching, so the only way is to do some chest isolation

if you do dumbell presses pause at the bottom and try to feel that stretch. same with chest presses.

if you do dumbell presses pause at the bottom and try to feel that stretch. same with chest presses.

The avi and username = disgraceful

Bench: try extra wide grip, stop before bottom and top
otherwise, just do stuff with straight arms like db fly, cable fly

U can try gulliotine press that can really destroy chest but whenever I go beyond like 135 lbs on it my wrists hurt so I dislike this exercise yet my wrists are injured anyways so maybe you'll enjoy it

Whenever I do a chest exercise (bench or else) my arms and shoulders do everything, is the chest even useful
Can you bench press 3 plates? You dont worry about stupid shit as long as you Are weak as shit

A mental cue I use is to imagine the weights are connected directly to my elbows and to mentally take my forearms out of the movement. So for any sort of press/flye/pushup I will have a mental cue to bring my elbows together, rather than what most people do which is to think about the weight in their hands. We want to minimise the feeling of doing a tricep extension (straightening the arms) and maximise the feeling of chest adduction (moving the elbows together).

Last edited:
Retract your scapula (pull shoulders blades back and down which puffs out your chest), and "row" the weight down (like a back exercise). Maintain this posture while you're pressing and you'll shift a lot more tension onto your chest vs shoulders.

Also absolutely nothing wrong with doing flyes. The majority of people will get a big chest just by getting strong as fuck from incline and flat pressing, but bodybuilders do flyes and isolation for a reason. It basically guarantees that the isolated muscle will grow if you're training to failure and adding weight/reps every workout.

Add this exercise to your routine;

10301301-Lever-Pec-Deck-Fly_Chest_720.gif