Reactions: Lev Peshkov and eyearea

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: Lux, Lev Peshkov, Deleted member 7776 and 2 others
Pumb

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Lev Peshkov and Deleted member 6723
I recommend making stocks of stuff you need like canned food, toilet paper, gasoline, ammo, etc. - this stuff will be priceless in the future.

I recommend making stocks of stuff you need like canned food, toilet paper, gasoline, ammo, etc. - this stuff will be priceless in the future.
Ye ima b doing that. Today I'm stealing a fuck ton of toilet paper from all the college toilets so that I don't have to pay for dem. The college toilet paper is shit but it's better than having to pay for them and it's better than nothing.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Arkantos, Deleted member 6867 and Tony
Inflation is not a biggy. All need to do. "Just" put money into assets, and not cash.

Deflation is scary, though. Because some brutal economical shit is usually going on in deflation times. Cash is king than.

• +1
Reactions: Tall
Inflation is not a biggy. All need to do. "Just" put money into assets, and not cash.

Deflation is scary, though. Because some brutal economical shit is usually going on in deflation times. Cash is king than.
Huh? What's the difference between deflation and inflation?

Is deflation when everything is cheaper? How is that possible and in what situation would that happen?

Also what do you think will happen if there's a second lockdown as big as the last one? Surely there will be inflation or a risk of it.

Ye ima b doing that. Today I'm stealing a fuck ton of toilet paper from all the college toilets so that I don't have to pay for dem. The college toilet paper is shit but it's better than having to pay for them and it's better than nothing.
@cocainecowboy @stuckneworleans @TsarTsar444

• JFL
Reactions: TsarTsar444 and Deleted member 2486
Huh? What's the difference between deflation and inflation?

Is deflation when everything is cheaper? How is that possible and in what situation would that happen?

Also what do you think will happen if there's a second lockdown as big as the last one? Surely there will be inflation or a risk of it.
Mostly everyone seems to fear (hyper) inflation, happening due to current events and monetairy policies.

I fear, the happening of deflation. If stagnant I would be happy. But I fear deflation.

It's true. That deflation means: "stuff gets cheaper'. Which is a good thing as a consumer, int the beginning. BUT, deflation (things getting cheaper) is the results of: lack of demand and/or over supply. So with lack of demand; firings/less income for workers and companies/bankrupties/etc.. will happen. With over-supply production will be lowered (aka less economic activity, firings, etc..)
So deflation is cool, temporiary. And it's cool if you have alot of cash. And it's cool, if you keep steady income and everythiong around you becomes cheaper. BUT, you might as well be the person, that gets sacked, can't find any or good job/work/income, lower salary, house gets worth less (maybe less worth than mortgagage), and so on.

This video explains inflation/deflation well. Need (or need to develop) high economic iq though to understand this.

• +1
Reactions: sdmaster
Mostly everyone seems to fear (hyper) inflation, happening due to current events and monetairy policies.

I fear, the happening of deflation. If stagnant I would be happy. But I fear deflation.

It's true. That deflation means: "stuff gets cheaper'. Which is a good thing as a consumer, int the beginning. BUT, deflation (things getting cheaper) is the results of: lack of demand and/or over supply. So with lack of demand; firings/less income for workers and companies/bankrupties/etc.. will happen. With over-supply production will be lowered (aka less economic activity, firings, etc..)
So deflation is cool, temporiary. And it's cool if you have alot of cash. And it's cool, if you keep steady income and everythiong around you becomes cheaper. BUT, you might as well be the person, that gets sacked, can't find any or good job/work/income, lower salary, house gets worth less (maybe less worth than mortgagage), and so on.

This video explains inflation/deflation well. Need (or need to develop) high economic iq though to understand this.

Tbh isnt less employment a bigger worry rn due to the corona recession. Cause you'd be lowering GDP and basically decreasing standard of living with the higher unemployment.

Low IQ af I should remember this

Tbh isnt less employment a bigger worry rn due to the corona recession. Cause you'd be lowering GDP and basically decreasing standard of living with the higher unemployment.
Truth.
And to add. generally, peoples income-change and inflation/deflation in Capatalist society have correlation.

More demand for workers = higher income/salary for workers = more people with good income to be able to borrow money for buying stuff = more demand for money from people (capable to pay it back) = banks lending out more money = more demand for money. AND, more demand for money + ability to create money by banks to financially/income worthy borrowers MEANS INFLATION.

NOW, with less employment, and less econimic activity. Due to covid.

LESS demand for workers = LOWER income/salary for workers = LESS people with good income to be able to borrow money for buying stuff = LESS demand for money from people (capable to pay it back) = banks lending out LESS money = LESS demand for money. AND, LESS demand for money + LESS ability to create money by banks to financially/income worthy borrowers MEANS DEFLATION.

inflation/deflation = based on:
1. demand for money by people
+
2. the ability for those people topay back the money to banks (plus the profit margin the bank wants/needs)

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7521
Truth.
And to add. generally, peoples income-change and inflation/deflation in Capatalist society have correlation.

More demand for workers = higher income/salary for workers = more people with good income to be able to borrow money for buying stuff = more demand for money from people (capable to pay it back) = banks lending out more money = more demand for money. AND, more demand for money + ability to create money by banks to financially/income worthy borrowers MEANS INFLATION.

NOW, with less employment, and less econimic activity. Due to covid.

LESS demand for workers = LOWER income/salary for workers = LESS people with good income to be able to borrow money for buying stuff = LESS demand for money from people (capable to pay it back) = banks lending out LESS money = LESS demand for money. AND, LESS demand for money + LESS ability to create money by banks to financially/income worthy borrowers MEANS DEFLATION.

inflation/deflation = based on:
1. demand for money by people
+
2. the ability for those people topay back the money to banks (plus the profit margin the bank wants/needs)
High iq, and now we are at the point where governments are giving out support packages and using fiscal policies and banks are using monetary policies like lowered interest rates to stimulate spending

• +1
Reactions: Tb62
High iq, and now we are at the point where governments are giving out support packages and using fiscal policies and banks are using monetary policies like lowered interest rates to stimulate spending
true. don't forget the borrowing/lending factor though, besides the sopending factor.

Thus.
And ALSO, to stimulate borrowing by people (and companies).

Because with those things you describe, people/companies that have loans are still capable to pay those loans AND (some) peoples/companies are capable to get new loans from banks due to that (which you stated).

Whence, the people/companies can't pay back their loans anymore (because no income/sales/work/profits). And people/companies, can't get new loans anymore from banks (because to low income/sales/work/profits). Than, scary times economically speaking. A big risk, for banks getting into problems (on their old loans), and ofcourse people having to life lower comfortable lifestyles and recession.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7521
Bitcoin, gold, jewelry

Deflation in modern economics, has a solution, at least in the short term, printmaxxing is not just a meme, it's literally the policy used by governments to get out of the financial crisis (like in 2008 and now).

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4209
Invest into non liquid assets that don't depreciate or lose value over time. Such as land

Deflation in modern economics, has a solution, at least in the short term, printmaxxing is not just a meme, it's literally the policy used by governments to get out of the financial crisis (like in 2008 and now).
Check Japan. They are doing is longer than "us"/the West.
Japan is already printing into oblivion since the leate 1980's- early 1990's.

Jfl the inflation levels of my country in the past 75 years.

Attachments

• Historia-de-la-inflacion-en-la-Argentina-3.jpg
    Historia-de-la-inflacion-en-la-Argentina-3.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 6
I trade options and if you want secure moneys just drop all your money into SPY after the election. If you are full schizo mode buy silver and hold it.

• +1
Reactions: Tall

deflation also brutal if u have debt

• JFL
Reactions: Baldingman1998
Sell the kids in your basemt when the kid market is at an all time high

Any cheaper alternatives?
Any asset that never loses its value. Land is the only thing I can think of. Maybe supercars limited collection editions that become more valuable over time jfl. Everything else gets depreciated and loses value I'm afraid

Any asset that never loses its value. Land is the only thing I can think of. Maybe supercars limited collection editions that become more valuable over time jfl. Everything else gets depreciated and loses value I'm afraid
Gold and bitcoin?

Gold will rise with inflation. Silver too but is more volatile. I would go with 80% Gold 20% silver if your goal is to simply protect your money.

There's literally no point in putting money in a savings account. Your annual interest will never outpace inflation, you're always better off keeping a majority of your net worth in liquid assets like stocks, while diversifying in other assets like precious metals or real estate. How you balance your wealth only depends on your risk tolerance

• +1
Reactions: Tall and Tb62