How does the temple width effect perceived ratios?

Deleted member 4614

Deleted member 4614

Bronze
I have a low ES ratio (aka, face is too wide for my close set IPD). I have already altered my eyebrows to help counter this, however it still looks bad.

However, it would be my goal to lower my perceived facial width. My question is in regards to the temples. I have narrow temples/forehead. I am unsure of the effect this has on perceived zygomatic width.

What forehead/temple width is best for a low ES ratio?

@thecel

Oprys temples are noticeably narrower than his zygos while Beckhams are the same. Which fraud a better ES ratio?

C1269664 F100 459F A63F 6861E8490237

Last edited:
  • Love it
Reactions: thecel
I have a low ES ratio (aka, face is too wide for my close set IPD). I have already altered my eyebrows to help counter this, however it still looks bad.

However, it would be my goal to lower my perceived facial width. My question is in regards to the temples. I have narrow temples/forehead. I am unsure of the effect this has on perceived zygomatic width.

What forehead/temple width is best for a low ES ratio?

@thecel
Post pics

• So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: thecel and Deleted member 16834
I’m not sure how this is relevant. I am asking if narrow temples give the appearance of a wider zygomatic breadth or a narrower zygomatic breadt

Yes the narrower your temples the wider your zygos appear in contrast.

Zygos should be wide but still 1:1 with your temples like this

1B345C84 37BF 4074 99BC B43B3040C4A9

• +1
How to know if you have narrow Temples .
?

• +1
How to know if you have narrow Temples .
?

Extreme example but if your zygomatic width has a lot more lateral width than your temples. You don’t have this btw
A57F9BF3 3D66 472E 8F35 39ECE4A93E32

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: AscendingHero, thecel and Birdcell
Are you sure? Wide vs narrow temples. In which pic does he look more like an ipdcel?
View attachment 1601698

Bad example. His hairline was morphed in a ways that’s not realistic.

But yes first picture looks better without a doubt bc it provides sharpness to his oblong definition less face

Last edited:
  • Woah
  • +1
Reactions: thecel and Birdcell
Extreme example but if your zygomatic width has a lot more lateral width than your temples. You don’t have this btw
View attachment 1601709
Oh shit . I believe my temples could appear narrower because of the wide cheekbones , but I don't think it's an important aspect of the looks tbh bro :what:

• Woah
  • +1
Oh shit . I believe my temples could appear narrower because of the wide cheekbones , but I don't think it's an important aspect of the looks tbh bro :what:

It is actually pretty important. Squared forheads are more dimorphic and have wider appeal.

Little temporal hollowness isn’t noticeable and easily camouflaged via hair but in extreme cases very detrimental to overall facial harmony

Again you don’t have this to a noticeable degree. Little hollowness is normal and not a defect.

Attachments

• C41629B1-0282-40F9-A2B9-71CEB6989B11.jpeg
    C41629B1-0282-40F9-A2B9-71CEB6989B11.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, thecel and Birdcell
It is actually pretty important. Squared forheads are more dimorphic and have wider appeal.

Little temporal hollowness isn’t noticeable and easily camouflaged via hair but in extreme cases very detrimental to overall facial harmony

Again you don’t have this to a noticeable degree. Little hollowness is normal and not a defect.
Thx man for the explanation :feelsokman:

• +1