How I got rid of body acne

Deleted member 12937

Deleted member 12937

Iron
Background:
Been struggling with acne my entire life, on my face and body. When I was in high school I was put on tetracycline and doxycycline, both of which did not work and had terrible side effects. Eventually my doctor gave me Tretinoin for the face, which worked miracles to reduce my skin problems on my face, obviously. However, no matter what I tried, I could not seem to get rid of my body acne. I've tried many routines until I found the one I currently am using, which worked to clear my skin.

YOU MUST DO THIS CONSISTENTLY. TOOK ME THREE MONTHS TO SEE A BIG DIFFERENCE

10% benzoyl peroxide body wash
Daily, in the shower. Let sit for 5 minutes. Rinse.
This kills bacteria that causes acne.

10% salicylic acid pads
Daily, after drying off with towel. I use 4-5 for the chest, arms, back, butt.
This is a mild exfoliant and also helps to clear out clogged pores.

Sun exposure
4-5 hours a week, with sunscreen. Run shirtless, swim, go out and tan, etc.
Can dry skin and kill bacteria, which helps with acne. Don't do this if you have intense dark spots or are prone to burn.

Retin-A
I apply to the acne affected areas once per month. It will take 3-4 days to shed all the dead skin from this, so don't tan during this time.
I also spot treat dark spots a few times a month.

This is major exfoliation and will help you see the differences faster.

This is not new information. You can find thousands of dermatologists saying the same thing. Being consistent is key.

Other things:

- Shower immediately after exercise
- Lose body fat
- Wear an undershirt
- Wear lose clothes

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: RoundHouse, JawGuyFatFaceGuy, Lolcel and 9 others
bro i think ur the only one w body acne, never heard of that shit b4 sounds mank

• Hmm...
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member and Danish_Retard
masturbate to cartoons

• JFL
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: subanimal, oldcelloser, Danish_Retard and 2 others
Unironcially stop using soap. This sounds strange but it works. I have stopped using soap and my skin condition improved drastically. I also don't smell, I used to smell far worse when I was a soap user. But I still have to use deodorant.

You body is very good at mantaining your natrual oil levels. Soap will ruin this for you because your body will overproduce oil to compensate for the dry skin, causing you to get ance. My theory anyway.

Less is more for skincare.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: sly shinkai, Hot Neighbourhood and Prettyboy
Unironcially stop using soap. This sounds strange but it works. I have stopped using soap and my skin condition improved drastically. I also don't smell, I used to smell far worse when I was a soap user. But I still have to use deodorant.

You body is very good at mantaining your natrual oil levels. Soap will ruin this for you because your body will overproduce oil to compensate for the dry skin, causing you to get ance. My theory anyway.

Less is more for skincare.
What do you think about the ideal showering frequency (because of the body’s natural oils)?

What do you think about the ideal showering frequency (because of the body’s natural oils)?
I usually shower 1-2 times daily without soap. If im rotting inside I will not shower. But I will smell after 48+ hours of not showering. Just don't have an excessily long showers and you should be ok. I would say 5-10 minute shower is optimal. Anything longer then 30 minutes is to long and if you enjoy showering there is no reason to have a 2 minute shower.

Soap is what drys out your skin, water is alot less effective at stripping your natrual oils.

Overdoing it. Just use zinc pyrithione.

I usually shower 1-2 times daily without soap. If im rotting inside I will not shower. But I will smell after 48+ hours of not showering. Just don't have an excessily long showers and you should be ok. I would say 5-10 minute shower is optimal. Anything longer then 30 minutes is to long and if you enjoy showering there is no reason to have a 2 minute shower.

Soap is what drys out your skin, water is alot less effective at stripping your natrual oils.

What do you use to wash your body and hair then? Just water?

I use hot water, cold water doesnt clean as well

And some coconut oil every once in a while

Good thread thanks

Yeah. I use water and deoderant (lol I thoought I replied to this but it turns out i didnt. Looksmax is a great website ngl.

• +1
Reactions: metagross
masturbate to cartoons
?
rebecca asylum GIF

Background:
Been struggling with acne my entire life, on my face and body. When I was in high school I was put on tetracycline and doxycycline, both of which did not work and had terrible side effects. Eventually my doctor gave me Tretinoin for the face, which worked miracles to reduce my skin problems on my face, obviously. However, no matter what I tried, I could not seem to get rid of my body acne. I've tried many routines until I found the one I currently am using, which worked to clear my skin.

YOU MUST DO THIS CONSISTENTLY. TOOK ME THREE MONTHS TO SEE A BIG DIFFERENCE

10% benzoyl peroxide body wash
Daily, in the shower. Let sit for 5 minutes. Rinse.
This kills bacteria that causes acne.

10% salicylic acid pads
Daily, after drying off with towel. I use 4-5 for the chest, arms, back, butt.
This is a mild exfoliant and also helps to clear out clogged pores.

Sun exposure
4-5 hours a week, with sunscreen. Run shirtless, swim, go out and tan, etc.
Can dry skin and kill bacteria, which helps with acne. Don't do this if you have intense dark spots or are prone to burn.

Retin-A
I apply to the acne affected areas once per month. It will take 3-4 days to shed all the dead skin from this, so don't tan during this time.
I also spot treat dark spots a few times a month.

This is major exfoliation and will help you see the differences faster.

This is not new information. You can find thousands of dermatologists saying the same thing. Being consistent is key.

Other things:

- Shower immediately after exercise
- Lose body fat
- Wear an undershirt
- Wear lose clothes
Same thing works for face?