How important are straight white teeth?

Awoo

Awoo

Iron
If you're teeth are a little crooked but not totally disgusting, and a little off coloured but not black or yellow. Will getting braces, fixing your bite and whitening your teeth actually help you ascend? Or is it a nothing point.

• +1
Reactions: Zesto
Its one of those things that wont do much for you if you have it, but it will definelty drag you way down if you dont. So definetly make sure your teeth are on point.

But dont get some braces that will start fucking with your maxilla

If you're teeth are a little crooked but not totally disgusting, and a little off coloured but not black or yellow. Will getting braces, fixing your bite and whitening your teeth actually help you ascend? Or is it a nothing point.

Happy6

That sounds exactly like what I need.

Thanks for reminding me to do another teeth whitening treatment before I go to Japan.

I will have the braces ready for next time when I come back, I will ask my mom to find me a good ortho.

If your face is gl they dont matter unless they look seriously deformed.

Consider yourself to be warned by Dr. Mew-san

Happy6

Too late to mew, my mouth is f***** and I will turn 24 in February.

I have small mouth, big teeth, can barely close lips and have to clench to close.

View attachment 4585

Too late to mew, my mouth is f***** and I will turn 24 in February.

I have small mouth, big teeth, can barely close lips and have to clench to close.
I don't think it's too late. I've achieved a considerable amount of progress and I'm 23 years of age. If anything the teeth always respond to external forces and move as a result. This way you can create more space in your palate for your tongue to rest at, with improved breathing as a result. Consider that I was a chronic mouth breather earlier this year. Do it for your waifu.

• +1
I don't think it's too late. I've achieved a considerable amount of progress and I'm 23 years of age. If anything the teeth always respond to external forces and move as a result. This way you can create more space in your palate for your tongue to rest at, with improved breathing as a result. Consider that I was a chronic mouth breather earlier this year. Do it for your waifu.

Hmm1

Scared my teeth will project further (they already to close to front of my mouth, can barely keep lips closed, and I will end up looking like this.

Like woman in this movie scene.

View attachment 4593

Scared my teeth will project further (they already to close to front of my mouth, can barely keep lips closed, and I will end up looking like this.

Like woman in this movie scene.

That woman developed under bite as a result from mouth breathing I think. Keeping lips closed is important.

• +1
That woman developed under bite as a result from mouth breathing I think. Keeping lips closed is important.

Happy12

Scared keeping tongue on back of front teeth and pushing forward will make my mouth like hers. My mouth very small and cramped, have no room to project teeth.

View attachment 4598

Scared keeping tongue on back of front teeth and pushing forward will make my mouth like hers. My mouth very small and cramped, have no room to project teeth.
You want to project force on your palate, rather than front teeth. It will be fine.

• +1
Screenshot 20181121 105557

Wtf lol

• +1
Nobody has perfectly white teeth, most get them whitened, my teeth aren't pearly white but I still get compliments on them because they're straight.

teeth and smile can halo if you have an average face

They are crucial. I can't even smile normally because of my ugly teeth which makes me look even more socially awkward.

• +1
Reactions: dontgoLAXb4UMAXx
They are crucial. I can't even smile normally because of my ugly teeth which makes me look even more socially awkward.
imagine having braces

I don't like iPhones

Happy6

Neither do I. I'd rather have android phone with Tachiyomi and TachiyomiEH but I use iPhone with inferior mangabird (but still good app) instead since bitches get suspicious of people with Android and like to see blue bubble.

Nobody has perfectly white teeth, most get them whitened, my teeth aren't pearly white but I still get compliments on them because they're straight.
Having straight teeth is nothing special anymore though. Almost every kid has had braces nowadays.
imagine having braces
I do have braces. It's not worse than before. Now it at least looks like I'm trying to improve my looks.

• +1
Reactions: dontgoLAXb4UMAXx and Zesto
Women don't fucking care dude lol

Happy3

Perhaps I still have yet to purify my mind off incel dogma.

I want the next Note phone to come out, I like those. I want to buy a 5G one.

I don't want fag phone anymore, I want otaku phone.

• +1
Reactions: Nibba
Having straight teeth is nothing special anymore though. Almost every kid has had braces nowadays.

Braces aren't the same. Braces make changes to your jaw and compact your teeth a lot more than if they would've developed straight on their own, people can subconsciously tell if your teeth are naturally straight or not.

• +1
Reactions: mojopin
Tooth whitening is BS, unless its Dr Kor's deep whitening system (expensive). It only removes surface stains, not the yellow color of dentine as seen through weak enamel. A whole load of pain and sensitivity and any results you do get partially relapse after a few days. Veneers are where it's at IMO. My top row is absolutely 100% perfect because of veneers.

• +1
Reactions: dontgoLAXb4UMAXx
Tooth whitening is BS, unless its Dr Kor's deep whitening system (expensive). It only removes surface stains, not the yellow color of dentine as seen through weak enamel. A whole load of pain and sensitivity and any results you do get partially relapse after a few days. Veneers are where it's at IMO. My top row is absolutely 100% perfect because of veneers.

I heard veneers can fix overbite as well?

Its one of those things that wont do much for you if you have it, but it will definelty drag you way down if you dont. So definetly make sure your teeth are on point.

But dont get some braces that will start fucking with your maxilla
Most important thing is never have extractions. Mewing and an appliance (in worst case) should be enough to give you room for your teeth if your face hasn't developed properly. Extractions are done by lazy and or greedy orthodontists because it gives them the same amount of cash bonus as more difficult procedures.

I heard veneers can fix overbite as well?
I'm not sure about overbite specifically but yes they can deal with crooked/badly spaced teeth when they do veneers. They're basically grinding your natural teeth down and putting the veneers over the top of them, so they have some freedom over how they can rebuild them.

I have had braces on for 12 months now, they are coming off soon (reason for this thread)

I'm pretty excited to be getting them off, i'm obviously not expecting miracles but I was just wondering what the general consensus is on teeth and how important they are.

My teeth are a lot straighter now and my bite is better. Haven't noticed any real changes to how my face looks shape-wise which I guess isn't a bad thing. They just need 1 or 2 more sessions now maximum to perform the little finishing touches.