How is a short face due to deep bite treated?

Lonenely sigma

Lonenely sigma

Future "username-o-plasty" candidate
I never understood this.

Apparently doing a CW rotation will only make your deep bite worse.

Yet if I don't do cwr my terribly low gonial angle won't allow for much height increase.

How is it fixable?

• +1
Reactions: A23ghskung
Are people ignoring this because its unfixable or bc nobody here knows shit about deep bite?

I remember watching some old dr John mew videos of how they naturally correct a deep bite, apparently it’s really hard to when you are older than 13, but it should be fixed as your mouth starts to grow inwards or something if it’s bad and left untreated, and normal orthodontic treatment aparently lengthens the whole of the face. I have a deep bite, and I looked into this topic a lot and there’s barley any solutions

• JFL
  • So Sad
Reactions: UZB_Strebl and Lonenely sigma
I remember watching some old dr John mew videos of how they naturally correct a deep bite, apparently it’s really hard to when you are older than 13, but it should be fixed as your mouth starts to grow inwards or something if it’s bad and left untreated, and normal orthodontic treatment aparently lengthens the whole of the face. I have a deep bite, and I looked into the topic a lot and there’s barley any solutions
Can you at least address the jaw height aspect somehow? Would downgrafting + vertical genio help or would it screw up your deep bite even more?

Can you at least address the jaw height aspect somehow? Would downgrafting + vertical genio help or would it screw up your deep bite even more?
Sorry I don’t really know any surgical options, I only looked into natural options and there were a few, but they all lengthened the face.

• +1
Reactions: Lonenely sigma
Sorry I don’t really know any surgical options, I only looked into natural options and there were a few, but they all lengthened the face.
Ooh I thought you were talking about there being no surgical options. Kinda scared me there.

This is one of the biggest ascensions I've seen to date:

One last question I have for you since you also happen to have a deep bite:

So we all know that when our molars touch our jaw is shorter. Most deepbiters thus jutt their jaw all the time.

However, there's a third thing I can do with my jaw: I can let it "drop" fully. I then have a huge gap (10mm) between my upper and lower incisors. Can your jaw also drop a lot when you relax it fully?

• +1
Reactions: randomop
I remember watching some old dr John mew videos of how they naturally correct a deep bite, apparently it’s really hard to when you are older than 13, but it should be fixed as your mouth starts to grow inwards or something if it’s bad and left untreated, and normal orthodontic treatment aparently lengthens the whole of the face. I have a deep bite, and I looked into this topic a lot and there’s barley any solutions
John mew the Jew

I would like to also say that I have a deep bite , with a long midface

I have Damon braces rn but nothing change worse or better

• +1
I would like to also say that I have a deep bite , with a long midface

I have Damon braces rn but nothing change worse or better
Will you do the surgery? Do you have hopes in that?

I had a deep bite for like 4 months is it over for me

I live in the American Gardens Building on West 81st Street on the 11th floor. My name is Patrick Bateman. I’m 27 years old. I believe in taking care of myself, and a balanced diet and a rigorous exercise routine. In the morning, if my face is a little puffy, I’ll put on an ice pack while doing my stomach crunches. I can do a thousand now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial masque which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion. There is an idea of a Patrick Bateman. Some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me. Only an entity. Something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours, and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable, I simply am not there.

• Love it
Reactions: slavicpsycho
I live in the American Gardens Building on West 81st Street on the 11th floor. My name is Patrick Bateman. I’m 27 years old. I believe in taking care of myself, and a balanced diet and a rigorous exercise routine. In the morning, if my face is a little puffy, I’ll put on an ice pack while doing my stomach crunches. I can do a thousand now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial masque which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion. There is an idea of a Patrick Bateman. Some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me. Only an entity. Something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours, and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable, I simply am not there.
you live in my ignore list now

Cw rotation doesnt make deep bite worser usually class 2 malocclusion is combination of deep bite and over bite braces and putting your jaws in class 1 skeletal can fix it if u want more of face height get bimax and maxilla+mandibular descention. cw helps too but be careful or might end up downgrown and the genio might be tricky if it possible i would do whole descention instead of just rotating it cw both way u gain height but if you rotate chin instead of descending you might end up with V- shaped lower third instead of U shape and your chin would look less wide can. Can tell anything specific without scans

• +1
I saw your other posts your the guy that wanted to make his chin look more V-shaped instead of U reasoning it that this makes your chin look saparated of jaw and taller lower third Imho i dont think u can benefit from it if not the oposite for that type of jaw u need rather slim pretty boy nose like in this morph other wise your nose would look too wide for your face due to narrower appearance of lower third

• +1
Get dentures

I saw your other posts your the guy that wanted to make his chin look more V-shaped instead of U reasoning it that this makes your chin look saparated of jaw and taller lower third Imho i dont think u can benefit from it if not the oposite for that type of jaw u need rather slim pretty boy nose like in this morph other wise your nose would look too wide for your face due to narrower appearance of lower third
View attachment 2746718
For me this shape moggs others
Screenshot 20240216 051600 Gallery

Cw rotation doesnt make deep bite worser usually class 2 malocclusion is combination of deep bite and over bite braces and putting your jaws in class 1 skeletal can fix it if u want more of face height get bimax and maxilla+mandibular descention. cw helps too but be careful or might end up downgrown and the genio might be tricky if it possible i would do whole descention instead of just rotating it cw both way u gain height but if you rotate chin instead of descending you might end up with V- shaped lower third instead of U shape and your chin would look less wide can. Can tell anything specific without scans
Thanks a lot for a detailed and high-iq response.

My plan of action is: do *something* to fix my deep bite, make my lower jaw taller and increase my gonial angle.

After that I'd do a quite invasive vertical genio. One thing I will specifically ask for is going to be creating a good chin separation point which makes it appear narrower. (This guy explained it well but he thinks its unaesthetic):

I'd also make my genio be segmental so that the outher edges could rotate in for a narrower V-taper.

Lastly, I'd also do a V-shaped chin implant which would add anterior but, as my jaw will be facing more downwards, a bit of vertical projection too.

It goes without saying that only at giant implants can I get such a specific design currently

Forgot to mention that casual liner bimax movement add a bit to height too

Added height = added lengh of mandibular×sin ( angle of mandibular plane in relation to francfurt plane)

so the steeper aka more downgrown face the more it gains from liner bimax

Last edited:
  • +1
Forgot to mention that casual liner bimax movement add a bit to height too

Added height = added lengh of mandibular×sin ( angle of mandibular plane in relation to francfurt plane)

so the steeper aka more downgrown face the more it gains from liner bimax
Thats true generally but when you have a flat occlusal plane height increase frok a linear bimax is almost non-existant

• +1
Reactions: Melly
I never understood this.

Apparently doing a CW rotation will only make your deep bite worse.

Yet if I don't do cwr my terribly low gonial angle won't allow for much height increase.

How is it fixable?
erupt the mollars fully with bands and then downgraft maxilla using surgery if you cant see all your teeth easily

• +1
erupt the mollars fully with bands and then downgraft maxilla using surgery if you cant see all your teeth easily
Yeah I figured that. One last question before I understand everything: will downgrafting the maxilla increase the gonial angle? I mean, it will make the lower jaw taller, so I can't imagine gonial angle not changing?

• +1
Reactions: klimo
Yeah I figured that. One last question before I understand everything: will downgrafting the maxilla increase the gonial angle? I mean, it will make the lower jaw taller, so I can't imagine gonial angle not changing?
gonion angle wont change itself but your mandible will be steeper if thats what you mean. but overall i think its worth it i'd rather have a steeper jaw but be able to see all my teeth and not have a blocky sfs face then the other way around.

• +1
gonion angle wont change itself but your mandible will be steeper if thats what you mean. but overall i think its worth it i'd rather have a steeper jaw but be able to see all my teeth and not have a blocky sfs face then the other way around.
Yeah, I don't understand that, how can a jaw be steeper and the gonial angle stay the same?

I kinda want my jaw to be steeper too as my gonial is kinda flat rn

Yeah, I don't understand that, how can a jaw be steeper and the gonial angle stay the same?
depends on how you're measuring the gonion tbh

some people measure it using the bone itself but some don't

• +1
depends on how you're measuring the gonion tbh

some people measure it using the bone itself but some don't

Before:

Screenshot 20240217 015258 YouTube

After:
Screenshot 20240217 015249 YouTube

I suppose gonial angle doesn't change because this yellow part isn't affected?

Wouldn't doing a too big vertical movement for the lower jaw make it look uncanny as the border between the yellow and the blue would become visible?