How is this genio type any different to a standard genio?

P

Prodigal Son

Iron
So this surgeon is not too far away from where I live here in chadstralia, and as some of you may know, my plan is to get extraction+retraction+widening orthodontics with Invisalign to fix my overjet and deep bite, and then finish it off with a genio to give a nice class one appearance. Not full jaw surgery, but it’s the practical approach to actually living life I think in my case.

But this type of genio is claimed to be better than a standard genio but I can’t figure out how exactly it’s different. Anyone know what the surgeon is on about?

• Hmm...
Reactions: ManzareK
So this surgeon is not too far away from where I live here in chadstralia, and as some of you may know, my plan is to get extraction+retraction+widening orthodontics with Invisalign to fix my overjet and deep bite, and then finish it off with a genio to give a nice class one appearance. Not full jaw surgery, but it’s the practical approach to actually living life I think in my case.

But this type of genio is claimed to be better than a standard genio but I can’t figure out how exactly it’s different. Anyone know what the surgeon is on about?

:cry:

"This is a modified box osteotomy of the chin, designed to deliberately grab the paired geniohyoid muscles - which are otherwise missed by the normal genioplasty procedure - in order to deliberately pull the hyoid and epiglottis forward."

"This is a modified box osteotomy of the chin, designed to deliberately grab the paired geniohyoid muscles - which are otherwise missed by the normal genioplasty procedure - in order to deliberately pull the hyoid and epiglottis forward."

So in simple terms, what does it actually do and is it worth me going for that over a standard genio which is what I am in the process of getting done currently? I’ve been consulting with a surgeon but if this genio is better I will go with it

looks gay af

the cut is higher so to include more muscles like genioglossus. In terms of aesthetics there is no added benefit

I
looks gay af

the cut is higher so to include more muscles like genioglossus. In terms of aesthetics there is no added benefit
I will probably do it then, if it’s the same aesthetic but has added benefits then might as well. The surgeon is only like a short drive from my place anyway

Looks like the exact same as standard genioplasty.

So in simple terms, what does it actually do and is it worth me going for that over a standard genio which is what I am in the process of getting done currently? I’ve been consulting with a surgeon but if this genio is better I will go with it
It pulls up the hyoid attachment, I don’t know if this translates in noticeable results. I guess it might help if have a weak hyoid. Expect to pay much more than a standard genio, since he’s the one who developed it. I don’t think there’s a lot of in-depth info on the internet considering it's a relatively new technique and has limited accessibility, you should have a consultation with him directly

It pulls up the hyoid attachment, I don’t know if this translates in noticeable results. I guess it might help if have a weak hyoid. Expect to pay much more than a standard genio, since he’s the one who developed it. I don’t think there’s a lot of in-depth info on the internet considering it's a relatively new technique and has limited accessibility, you should have a consultation with him directly
Yeh true. I am consulting with another surgeon at the moment but I might pop in for a visit to this guy and see what he says. I’ll just ask him straight up if it will ascend me harder than a standard genio and if he says “yeh bro it will” I’ll literally just say “sweet let’s get it on”