How long after stopping tretinoin does your skin's sun protection return to normal?

PURE ARYAN GENETICS

PURE ARYAN GENETICS

toucan
just wondering. I might not use it in the summer since it's giga uv time :feelswat:

I guess it depends, but in general, I would say the effects of tretinoin go away after 1 week - 2 weeks for me.

• +1
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS
just wondering. I might not use it in the summer since it's giga uv time :feelswat:

> Many people worry that the use of retinoids will make their skin more sensitive in the sun. Hold on to your seats — this is untrue.

Retinoids break down in the sun, making it unstable and less effective. This is why they’re sold in metal tubes or opaque containers and are recommended for use at night.

But retinoids have been studied extensively and have shown with most certainty that they don’t increase the risk of sunburn. However, that isn’t permission to go out in the sun without proper sun protection! It would be pretty counterproductive since much of extrinsic aging is due to photo damage.

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9670 and PURE ARYAN GENETICS

> Many people worry that the use of retinoids will make their skin more sensitive in the sun. Hold on to your seats — this is untrue.

Retinoids break down in the sun, making it unstable and less effective. This is why they’re sold in metal tubes or opaque containers and are recommended for use at night.

But retinoids have been studied extensively and have shown with most certainty that they don’t increase the risk of sunburn. However, that isn’t permission to go out in the sun without proper sun protection! It would be pretty counterproductive since much of extrinsic aging is due to photo damage.
wtf greycel everybody says you gotta use sunscreen or you get sun spots and shit :hnghn::ogre:

nigga everybody says otherwise why should I take your normie article with no references as anything but dogshit? retinoids can break up in the sun that doesn't fucking mean they don't weaken your skin's natural defenses what sort of retarded reasoning is that?

I use tret in summer in Australia with very high.UV I'm fine

• Hmm...
nigga everybody says otherwise why should I take your normie article with no references as anything but dogshit? retinoids can break up in the sun that doesn't fucking mean they don't weaken your skin's natural defenses what sort of retarded reasoning is that?
It's not proven that they do that all the research says that there is only increased sun sensitivity for the first few months of use

• +1
your skins natural protection is dog shit anyway unless you are from Sudan. Just wear spf and keep using vitamin a

Attachments

• main-qimg-d0eada36f75c32f6ceef2bfc0d81866d.webp
    10 KB · Views: 0
  • +1
even if you are indian or american black, you dont have that much protection, equiv to like 15 spf. I wear 30 and it is fine.

• +1

good sunscreen (cream), is adequate protection if you reapply every 4 hours or so (depending on sweat, swimming)

• +1
healthline is the most credible health site. Logically speaking i am going to believe that over some people on an incel forum.

healthline is the most credible health site. Logically speaking i am going to believe that over some people on an incel forum.
then you're a fucking retard :owo: not just some people btw, all people everywhere recommend sunscreen with tret :owo::feelsokman:

bump it's been 4 months since I stopped using this cancer (0.025%) and my mouth area is still dry as fuck :lul: how fucking over is it