how long does 1% bf take to lose and how long does 1kg muscle take to gain (no bulk)

slavic

slavic

Siberian Slayer
I’m at 18% bf and looking to get to 14-15% for body and face aesthetics, but just wondering how long it would take, on a 400-500 cal deficit with fasting.

Also curious to know how long a kg of muscle takes to put on with no dirty bulk and minimal fat gain (sort of like a lean bulk is what i am looking at), because if i lose 3kg of body fat then i want to make up for it with muscle so i keep same weight but look better

• +1
Reactions: PseudoMaxxer
one billion million years

• +1
Reactions: dgzty and boss8055
I’m at 18% bf and looking to get to 14-15% for body and face aesthetics, but just wondering how long it would take, on a 400-500 cal deficit with fasting.

Also curious to know how long a kg of muscle takes to put on with no dirty bulk and minimal fat gain (sort of like a lean bulk is what i am looking at), because if i lose 3kg of body fat then i want to make up for it with muscle so i keep same weight but look better
I couldn’t calculate how long it would take you to lose 1% of your BF because you didn’t put your height and weight. Just look up calorie deficit calculator, there should be some options showing how much you should eat to lose at a mild rate (0.5lb/week) normal rate (1lb/week) or fast rate (2lb/week.) if you were 180 pounds and 20% bodyfat, you have 36lbs of fat. 1% bodyfat, or about 2 pounds, could be lost in 1-4 weeks depending how extreme your deficit is.

A kilogram of pure muscle is a lot. I don’t have an exact time frame for you, but that can take a while to gain naturally, unless you’re new to lifting. “I want to lose 3kg and replace it with muscle.” That’s called body recomp, and it takes longer. If you want to do this, you will need to maintain your same weight while eating high protein for a number of months.

You won't gain muscle without bulking

• +1
Reactions: dgzty and boss8055
You won't gain muscle without bulking
You can gain muscle on a cut. Hypothetically. The rate of gain is just way slower. Bulking lets you gain muscle faster but you can do a recomp and gain muscle at maintenance calorie intake.

That’s called body recomp, and it takes longer. If you want to do this, you will need to maintain your same weight while eating high protein for a number of months.
Could i cut 3kg of fat and then lean bulk 3kg of muscle?
I haven’t maximised my newbie gains, new to lifting

Could i cut 3kg of fat and then lean bulk 3kg of muscle?
I haven’t maximised my newbie gains, new to lifting
3kg of muscle will probably take you 4-7 months to gain. Losing 3kg of fat doesn’t take nearly as long. If you want to lean out more and then rebulk, that’s fine. If you want to maintain for a few months and see what happens, then lean bulk, that’s also fine.

3kg of muscle will probably take you 4-7 months to gain. Losing 3kg of fat doesn’t take nearly as long. If you want to lean out more and then rebulk, that’s fine. If you want to maintain for a few months and see what happens, then lean bulk, that’s also fine.
Really 3kg taking 4-7 months? I’ve heard newbie gains can help you gain 0.5-1kg a month of lean muscle mass, where did you hear that from?

it can take however long since no one is the same but I'll estimate like 6 months prob.

• JFL
Reactions: diamondbill