How long does it take to gymmaxx?

MKBHD

MKBHD

Techreviewmaxxing
I'm like 25-29% body fat and would Ideally want to go to 15% body fat? How long would it take if doing it entirely natty? I'm 240lbs or 108kg and would like to go to 200 lbs or 90kg, although I don't know if that would make me look scrawny at my height of 6'3-6'4. Also how long and how often would I need to go the gym? Like 5-6 days a week 2 hours a day? I'm completely new to this.

• +1
Reactions: noodlelover and .👽.
How long? No idea, there are calculators online that can calculate fat loss and how long it will take you.

If you are a novice lifter I recommend eating at maintenance rather than a large deficit so you build muscle and lose fat while taking advantage of your noob gains. This is essentially a recomp and works well for new lifters. Unlike an experienced lifter you can make gains and lose body fat simultaneously at a decent rate. 0.8g protein per lb body weight everyday. Clean home cooked food for the most part.

Figure out how many gym sessions you will actually commit too. 3 days? 4 days? 5 days? 6 days? You will make good gains regardless but consistency is very important so don’t bullshit yourself by committing to a 6 day routine when you’re only willing to go to the gym 3 days on average. 4 days is fine, so is 6 days. Just pick one and look up a program that you will stick to for 6m-1y

try to hit every body part 2 times a week with 20 sets per week for each muscle (10 per session) follow this rule and you will make gains as fast as possible regardless of your specific split

readjust diet after 6 months, if you’re an actual noobie you will have made gains and lost body fat. You will plateau sometime in months 7-12 and that’s when you can make a decision regarding a real bulk or cut

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: ElySioNs, Elvisandreaa and MKBHD
Not long at all, just don't drink sugary drinks or eat fast food, diet, do a lot of cardio, and work on your stomach.

200 lbs LEAN (8-12%bf) at 6'3 is a very good physique.

I'm like 25-29% body fat and would Ideally want to go to 15% body fat? How long would it take if doing it entirely natty? I'm 240lbs or 108kg and would like to go to 200 lbs or 90kg, although I don't know if that would make me look scrawny at my height of 6'3-6'4. Also how long and how often would I need to go the gym? Like 5-6 days a week 2 hours a day? I'm completely new to this.
It depends heavily on your genetics, and how much muscle mass you loose when cutting. Track it yourself, and you can project how long it will take for you.