How long is your mandible and ramus? [Methods & post your results]

What's your height and do you have unusually big skull circumference?
188 cm, and never measured but my head is little bit on larger size

• +1
Reactions: Over and HighIQcel
  • +1
Reactions: Over
Could that be? Actually makes sense because if you look at Barrett he has shit ramus and innnnsssaannee mandible length

View attachment 467599
His very straight and sharp mandible also gives an illusion of it being very long

• +1
If you would straighten mine it will look like his I think, jfl i might be saying bs doe

So 14cm / 7cm guy reported 188cm
11cm / 5.5cm reported 185cm
13cm reported 186cm

But 2cm diffrenrece from average of 10-11cm is too ridiculous. Maybe short ramus = longer body theory is right?

• +1
Reactions: Birdcell and Deleted member 6475
Mandible12d1

This dude got a crazy ramus from clenching his jaw all day but then got surgery to get rid of it

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Baldingman1998, Zercic, Over and 1 other person
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6475
doesnt matter if its proportionate to your shoulder width
So basically if you have small skull it's better to have smaller shoulder width? Otherwise it'd look comical?

• +1
So basically if you have small skull it's better to have smaller shoulder width? Otherwise it'd look comical?
worst is a big skull with short shoulder width
so yes

• +1
Reactions: HighIQcel and Over
Guys we need somebody to knock out Barrett in the head and measure his mandible fast then flee

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Baldingman1998, HighIQcel and Deleted member 6475

Aight i measured it on video
Ramus = 2.5in
Mandible = 4.75in

• +1
Reactions: Baldingman1998, Over and HighIQcel

Aight i measured it on video
Ramus = 2.5in
Mandible = 4.75in

You should measure it before the mirror and not like this... mesusrments are not accurate probably

SmartSelect 20200620 225533 Firefox

ok i remeasured it in the mirror and my ramus is ~6.5cm and my jaw body is close to 13cm

• Woah
ok i remeasured it in the mirror and my ramus is ~6.5cm and my jaw body is close to 13cm
That's a lot idk

My distance from middle of ear to gonion is 6cm and you have 6.5cm of visible ramus?

That's a lot idk

My distance from middle of ear to gonion is 6cm and you have 6.5cm of visible ramus?
i also used the middle of the ear measurement
my ears are just a bit big on the lower end
but 6-6.5 is safe yeah

• +1
i also used the middle of the ear measurement
my ears are just a bit big on the lower end
but 6-6.5 is safe yeah
Oh ok then. But when I like try to visualize 13cm when I measure my body, it's like so long I'd look retarded if I had 13cm projection

• +1
Reactions: HighIQcel
Oh ok then. But when I like try to visualize 13cm when I measure my body, it's like so long I'd look retarded if I had 13cm projection
i have a few pics of my jaw i try to find them

• +1
i have a few pics of my jaw i try to find them
View attachment 467612View attachment 467613
Looks fine but not ridiculous.

Tbh we need some method to measure Cavill and Barrett.

You can accurately use human iris diameter because that's guaranteed to be the same width in every human being. But then you would need a picture of someone standing in side profile and someone next to him looking directly at the camera.

• +1
Looks fine but not ridiculous.

Tbh we need some method to measure Cavill and Barrett.

You can accurately use human iris diameter because that's guaranteed to be the same width in every human being. But then you would need a picture of someone standing in side profile and someone next to him looking directly at the camera.
well i am at ~30-35% bodyfat so i guess its that
leanmaxxed my jaw would look pretty insane i think

• Woah
well i am at ~30-35% bodyfat so i guess its that
leanmaxxed my jaw would look pretty insane i think
Hmmm could be also a factor.

Do you measure a straight line from gonion to chin or do you measure along the mandible up till chin?

You might be getting a lot of extra length from fat under your jaw. My mandible is so lean I can feel how bone is structured under the skin.

• +1
Hmmm could be also a factor.

Do you measure a straight line from gonion to chin or do you measure along the mandible up till chin?

You might be getting a lot of extra length from fat under your jaw. My mandible is so lean I can feel how bone is structured under the skin.
i did it with chin projection
thats like 1.25cm i guess

i did it with chin projection
thats like 1.25cm i guess
You should include chin projection because you measure up till exact middle of your chin. Your flexible tape should go along the body of your mandible on its side (not under the jaw) all the way up until middle of chin.

20200620 232129

SmartSelect 20200620 231859 Firefox

• +1
You should include chin projection because you measure up till exact middle of your chin. Your flexible tape should go along the body of your mandible on its side (not under the jaw) all the way up until middle of chin.
yes i measured it from the side not from below
from gonion till middle of the chin its 13cm ded srs i remeasured it a few times

• +1
yes i measured it from the side not from below
from gonion till middle of the chin its 13cm ded srs i remeasured it a few times
Hm then fat might be giving wrong measurement. 30% Bf is pretty high. I have weak bones but my mandible measurement seems about average, and when I look at how it would be if it was legit 13cm, that's beyond Barrett tier.

I am gonna dig some more for actual studies and measured averages. We have pretty much same ramus length if you say its 6.5 - 6cm

• +1
Hm then fat might be giving wrong measurement. 30% Bf is pretty high. I have weak bones but my mandible measurement seems about average, and when I look at how it would be if it was legit 13cm, that's beyond Barrett tier.

I am gonna dig some more for actual studies and measured averages. We have pretty much same ramus length if you say its 6.5 - 6cm
i think barretts mandible is 13.5-14cm long
just imagine a triangle ruler next to it, a triangle ruler is exactly 15cm long

There is just one study and they say:

Normal sized mandible should have a length within or above 17.22-19.33 cm in males and 16.44-18.67 cm in females, while normal dental arch-total teeth size difference range should be within or above 0.71-1.20 cm in males and 0.76-1.10 cm in females in order to accommodate a properly erupting third molar.

The total length of the mandible is determined by adding the distance between the midpoint of the tragus and soft tissue around the angle of the mandible to the distance between the angle and the soft tissue in the region of the chin.

Tragus is this thing on your ear and you are supposed to measure from middle point of it like I marked it:
Screenshot 20200620 232813 Firefox

To angle of chin

Then from angle of chin to "soft tissue region around chin" which I dont know what means?

i think barretts mandible is 13.5-14cm long
just imagine a triangle ruler next to it, a triangle ruler is exactly 15cm long
View attachment 467635
He is pretty far from camera so no that wouldnt be right lol

But you can measure one of his features using iris method like his philtrum and then use philtrum to measure hid mandible which requires 160IQ

• +1
He is pretty far from camera so no that wouldnt be right lol

But you can measure one of his features using iris method like his philtrum and then use philtrum to measure hid mandible which requires 160IQ
ofc its not an accurate measurement.
just visualize it

• +1
My ramus length: 40mm
my mandible body projection: 105mm

How to measure:
1. Use a flexible tape
View attachment 467552

2. Measure from point where your ramus and body of the mandible meets, up to the middle point of your chin, that's why you'll need flexible tape and NOT A RULER
View attachment 467553
View attachment 467561

3. For ramus measure from just below your ear to your gonial angle (where your ramus and body of the mandible meets)

View attachment 467562
You know you are a psl autist if you have a ruler besides your bed laying

There is just one study and they say:

Normal sized mandible should have a length within or above 17.22-19.33 cm in males and 16.44-18.67 cm in females, while normal dental arch-total teeth size difference range should be within or above 0.71-1.20 cm in males and 0.76-1.10 cm in females in order to accommodate a properly erupting third molar.

Tragus is this thing on your ear and you are supposed to measure from middle point of it like I marked it:
View attachment 467634

To angle of chin

Then from angle of chin to "soft tissue region around chin" which I dont know what means?

I measured from tragus to angle and from angle to middle of chin and got 6cm + 10cm - 10.5cm

So 16 - 16.5cm total when minimum for men is 17.44cm? What?

I measured from tragus to angle and from angle to middle of chin and got 6cm + 10cm - 10.5cm

So 16 - 16.5cm total when minimum for men is 17.44cm? What?
i think almost every guy i see outside has your measurements
i guess they just measured gigachads for that study lol

• +1
i think almost every guy i see outside has your measurements
i guess they just measured gigachads for that study lol
Dude that's impossible like the skull size you'd need for 19cm is skull of fucking Robert Waldow.

This shit is weird

• +1
Dude that's impossible like the skull size you'd need for 19cm is skull of fucking Robert Waldow.

This shit is weird
i might pm u a vid for proof
if i manage to film it cause ima need 2 hands to measure

i might pm u a vid for proof
if i manage to film it cause ima need 2 hands to measure
No need. I read other thread and this is really weird shit.

Zyros claims 10cm mandible length which is pretty much my length and some people claim insane ramus+mandible lengths like 19-20cm.

I just dont know. This is all wrong and pointless.

• So Sad
No need. I read other thread and this is really weird shit.

Zyros claims 10cm mandible length which is pretty much my length and some people claim insane ramus+mandible lengths like 19-20cm.

I just dont know. This is all wrong and pointless.
i already did the video so u have to watch it :rage:

• +1
I meant myself jfl
4cm
11cm
As I thought yea

Average seems to be 10-11cm for mandible and around 3-4cm for ramus yeah. So you're fine.

• Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 5891
idk if i measured it right but it looked to be 8 cm mandible 3 cm ramus

• +1
As I thought yea

Average seems to be 10-11cm for mandible and around 3-4cm for ramus yeah. So you're fine.
Bro average is death tier in 2020 :feelsrope:

• +1
Reactions: HighIQcel and Over
idk if i measured it right but it looked to be 8 cm mandible 3 cm ramus
8cm is far too low you surely have more length unless you pulled out 8 molars and closed gaps with braces

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 6475 and shibo
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 5891
8cm is far too low you surely have more length unless you pulled out 8 molars and closed gaps with braces
Ok yeah i assumed i did it wrong when i read all the measurements here lol i did it half assed

• +1
My ramus length: 40mm
my mandible body projection: 105mm

How to measure:
1. Use a flexible tape
View attachment 467552

2. Measure from point where your ramus and body of the mandible meets, up to the middle point of your chin, that's why you'll need flexible tape and NOT A RULER
View attachment 467553
View attachment 467561

3. For ramus measure from just below your ear to your gonial angle (where your ramus and body of the mandible meets)

View attachment 467562

Wrong way to measure it due to the fat within the face itself you actually need a cepholgram first also it is useful to note long ramus isn't always good what you want is a very good gonial angle with next to nill hyoid bone

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4430
6cm ramus, doesn't look that big cause I have a large skull.