Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
  • JFL
Reactions: CarrotMaxxer, wsada, not__cel and 4 others
@n9wiff how many cals u think bro?

• +1
Reactions: not__cel, ltsOver and n9wiff
@butterworld how many u think realistically?

• +1
Reactions: not__cel, ltsOver and n9wiff
400-600ish

Rice portion looks small, especially because in a bowl

• Ugh..
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: polio, PseudoMaxxer and appealmaxed
bump

• +1
Reactions: not__cel and ltsOver
@noodlelover how many u think brah?

• +1
View attachment 2985910

some breaded chicken
white rice
cutsu sauce

i’m thinking 500-600?
chicken like - 200
rice like - 200 -300
sauce - 100
?

how many u think?
sauce could be like 300.

I would never eat something like that without weighting and measuring each item tbh.

So Basically, download chronometer on your phone and create an account (it's free).
Go to the store, and buy a food scale, they're cheap.

Now, you put the plate on the scale, turn it on.
Put the rice on, and enter the rice in grams into the app.
zero out the scale.
Scan the bar code for the sauce, then pour that on and write the grams in the app.
Zero out the scale.
Repeat for any other food items on your plate.

If you eat out such as at work or school, you can do it whenever you make your lunch. If the place is serving food you can bring your scale.

I'd rather look like a dork to my co-workers, and god in the club/dating apps, than a normie to my coworkers and nothing to the world.

Unless you weighed it already?

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: optimisticzoomer and appealmaxed
I'd rather look like a dork to my co-workers, and god in the club/dating apps, than a normie to my coworkers and nothing to the world.
this is extremely valid
Unless you weighed it already?
i already ate it lol. i ate out, that was a pic from website, i couldn’t find nutritional info on website. and didn’t have scale w me
sauce could be like 300
we talking between the 500-800 range?
i had 500 cals to spare lol, depending on how much i over ate i will burn off now.

what’s your worst estimate lol? better on the safe side (off by a lot) than eat over cals

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: not__cel, ltsOver and noodlelover
we talking between the 500-800 range?
i had 500 cals to spare lol, depending on how much i over ate i will burn off now.
I'd say like 500 worst estimate. But I don't use sauces so I don't really know.

I just know some things can be crazy calorically dense like fat. And if there's sugar in the or whatever in that sauce.

• +1
Reactions: appealmaxed
I'd say like 500 worst estimate. But I don't use sauces so I don't really know.

I just know some things can be crazy calorically dense like fat. And if there's sugar in the or whatever in that sauce.
so 500 without the sauce is ur worst guess?

that’s not too bad, i’ll try to burn off 400 to be on safe side u think?

maybe i’ll skip rope, idk what’s the most efficient way to burn this off since i already been on 2 walks, one 1.5hr walk and another hour walk.

also btw your answers always seem detailed asf bro, respect.

• +1
somebody diarrhea'd on your rice, nigger

• +1
Reactions: PseudoMaxxer
  • +1
500-700

• +1
at most 1k i think
only truly calorific thing is probably sauce, chicken and rice not so much
chicken is 170kcal per 100gram. Yours is breaded chicken which adds a lot of kcal so closer to 250kcal/100grams.
Looks like 300 grams so just the chicken is already 750kcal.

i would say 1200 kcal

• +1
chicken is 170kcal per 100gram. Yours is breaded chicken which adds a lot of kcal so closer to 250kcal/100grams.
Looks like 300 grams so just the chicken is already 750kcal.

i would say 1200 kcal
could be right. had 500 cals left for the day but ate out, now i could be 700 over jfl. gotta burn that shit off. maybe i gotta jump rope or some shit
would u say the 1200 is on the conservative side?

• +1
Reactions: not__cel
could be right. had 500 cals left for the day but ate out, now i could be 700 over jfl. gotta burn that shit off. maybe i gotta jump rope or some shit
would u say the 1200 is on the conservative side?
hard to judge from a picture and not knowing how big the pan is.

also dont know what cutsu sauce is

• +1
I get that exact thing at University, at Kimiko, it’s called a Chicken Katsu Curry, it says the calories up on the menu and not sure if it’s accurate but for a regular size it’s 930kcal and for a large it’s 1540kcal

• +1
I get that exact thing at University, at Kimiko, it’s called a Chicken Katsu Curry, it says the calories up on the menu and not sure if it’s accurate but for a regular size it’s 930kcal and for a large it’s 1540kcal
holy fuck
does it look the exact same as that? and same portion?
fuck got a lot of shit to do if that’s true. 1000 cals to burn jfl, was only meant to eat 500 more today. then i went out smh.

• +1
holy fuck
does it look the exact same as that? and same portion?
fuck got a lot of shit to do if that’s true. 1000 cals to burn jfl, was only meant to eat 500 more today. then i went out smh.
The portions they give at Kimiko are huge, like they give more rice, more sauce, and A LOT of extra chicken

• +1
The portions they give at Kimiko are huge, like they give more rice, more sauce, and A LOT of extra chicken
thank god, you’ve put my mind at ease slightly, no longer need to go rocky balboa mode to burn 1000 cals

assuming it was the same thing (they are both katsu tbh) how much cals would this portion size be at Kimiko?

• +1
Reactions: not__cel and coisbhai
thank god, you’ve put my mind at ease slightly, no longer need to go rocky balboa mode to burn 1000 cals

assuming it was the same thing (they are both katsu tbh) how much cals would this portion size be at Kimiko?
Probably around 650kcal at max?

• +1
Probably around 650kcal at max?
ok ok thanks, that better, only 150 over… maybe
i’ll try burn 300-400 to be on the safe side tho
thanks bro

• +1
Reactions: not__cel and coisbhai
@NorwoodAscender ops?

• +1
Reactions: not__cel and NorwoodAscender
I'd say 628

• +1
  • +1
initial intuition was like 600-650

just don’t know abt the sauce
without sauce, breaded chicken + white rice in quantities in photo wys?
i’ll assume the sauce to be 200ngl

• +1
Around 800, measuring calories is easy. Just weigh the food before cooking and measure what’s left

• +1
Around 800, measuring calories is easy. Just weigh the food before cooking and measure what’s left
yeh i ate out, didn’t have a scale and even if i did i doubt i would have weighted it tbh.

800 including the sauce?
what’s ur worst estimate?
i gotta burn what i went over my intake lol, better to burn too much than not enough to reach goal

• +1
Reactions: not__cel and TUSSELEIF
without sauce, breaded chicken + white rice in quantities in photo wys?
i’ll assume the sauce to be 200ngl
500 prob? not the best approximator at this type of stuff ngl

• +1
  • +1
yeh i ate out, didn’t have a scale and even if i did i doubt i would have weighted it tbh.

800 including the sauce?
what’s ur worst estimate?
i gotta burn what i went over my intake lol, better to burn too much than not enough to reach goal
Worst estimate 950, lowest estimate 650. Tracking cals is definitely harder when you have more ingredients. That’s why I just mostly eat one or two ingredients of high protein with seasoning

• Love it
Worst estimate 950, lowest estimate 650. Tracking cals is definitely harder when you have more ingredients. That’s why I just mostly eat one or two ingredients of high protein with seasoning
i should be 500 cals over my intake at most then.
that is what i’ll try burn in what’s left of the day. fuck sake. jumping rope is shit

• +1
@Michael Myers ehats ur guess bro?

• +1
Reactions: not__cel and Michael Myers
@Michael Myers ehats ur guess bro?
Quite a lot. I would eat this on a cheat day only.

I looked it up. Here’s what it says.

Chicken Katsu870-1680 cal
Chicken Katsu Curry w/Brown Gravy1070-1970 cal

You got it with brown gravy so that’s between 1070 kcal and 1970 kcal.

However I’m also having a cheat day since I’m having sushi. :feelshmm:

• Love it
Reactions: appealmaxed and wsada
Quite a lot. I would eat this on a cheat day only.

I looked it up. Here’s what it says.

Chicken Katsu870-1680 cal
Chicken Katsu Curry w/Brown Gravy1070-1970 cal

You got it with brown gravy so that’s between 1070 kcal and 1970 kcal.

However I’m also having a cheat day since I’m having sushi. :feelshmm:
idk if that’s brown gravy. i think that’s the curry part of the Chicken Cutsu curry
i think it’s around 1k tbh. considering the most calorific thing is the curry sauce. the rest is chicken and rice, which is probs 500-600. + curry sauce let’s say is 400. portion isn’t huge either.
500 over what i should’ve for today, gotta get to work burning that.

• +1
Reactions: not__cel and Michael Myers
700-800

• Love it
idk if that’s brown gravy. i think that’s the curry part of the Chicken Cutsu curry
i think it’s around 1k tbh. considering the most calorific thing is the curry sauce. the rest is chicken and rice, which is probs 500-600. + curry sauce let’s say is 400. portion isn’t huge either.
500 over what i should’ve for today, gotta get to work burning that.
Don’t underestimate the rice, bhai. A roll of six fried chicken sushi is easily 500 kcal and you’re getting more rice compared to that. Add the gravy on top and you are easily at 1000 kcal at the very least. I’ve got 3 rolls of sushi now so that’s 1500 kcal. Joever for me.

• +1
Don’t underestimate the rice, bhai. A roll of six fried chicken sushi is easily 500 kcal and you’re getting more rice compared to that. Add the gravy on top and you are easily at 1000 kcal at the very least. I’ve got 3 rolls of sushi now so that’s 1500 kcal. Joever for me.
skipping rope for a whole hour only gonna burn 500 ffs jfl

• +1
Reactions: not__cel, n9wiff and Michael Myers
I did walk a shit ton. I kept pacing back and forth downtown, like a few meters. I did it for over an hour. I’m sure people must have thought I was a weirdo lonely loser.

• +1
Reactions: appealmaxed and n9wiff
I did walk a shit ton. I kept pacing back and forth downtown, like a few meters. I did it for over an hour. I’m sure people must have thought I was a weirdo lonely loser.
That's not how burning calories work

When doing something more higher intensity like skip rope or running, your body will also burnote calories through the process of homeostatis

Like bringing back body temperature down etc.

You also can't make a blanket statement on how much calories a said exercise can burn because it is dependent on so many different factors like intervals of intensity, session duration, body composition, genetics etc.

HIIT also increases your total energy expenditure for up to a few hours after a hard session. Look into EPOC and its role in metabolism and energy expenditure. Often referred to as afterburn effect.

It isn't as simple as eat 2000, BMR burns 1750, work out 250 off...

The food you eat affect how fast those calories can burn...
The type of foods you eat may have differing satiating effects...
Your sleep, hydration and nutrition can alter metabolic pathways in the body, especially if you do weird diets like keto