How many emotions should a man have?

What emotions are masculine and a real man should have?

• Joy

• Sadness

• Anger

• Irritation

• Anxiety

• Love

• All of the above

• None of the above. A man should only have one emotion, and that is desiring to do what's right.

Results are only viewable after voting.
In the book of Proverbs it says that anger rests in the bosoms of fools. "Rests" is the key word. Someone who walks around angry all day, or is easily angered is a fool.

James 1:19
“Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:”

Proverbs 15:18
“A wrathful man stirreth up strife: but he that is slow to anger appeaseth strife.”

Psalms 103:8
“The LORD is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and plenteous in mercy.”

In James 1:19 and Proverbs 15:18 it doesn't say a man should never be angry at all. It says a man should be slow to anger.

In Psalms 103:8 it says that the Lord Himself is slow to anger. This lets us know that anger can be righteous.
Well the lord can be as angry as he wants that's irrelevant. What I was saying is that men shouldn't be angry and that Jesus and others weren't angry, because when you're angry you play God. "Slow to anger" because the Lord knows that most people are angry so the solution for them is to at least suppress that anger as much as possible. That's how I see it.

The whole point is that Jesus wasn't angry. And you shouldn't focus on the word itself because he consistently did good.

A good indicator of anger is causing harm or destruction consistently like Mao Zedong or Lenin did.

Anger is doing what you do for revenge, destruction or harm and without logic. If you throw something like a table or a chair and it was a calculated move that's not anger and if your motivation is to help others that's not anger either. @Jamesothy

Well the lord can be as angry as he wants that's irrelevant. What I was saying is that men shouldn't be angry and that Jesus and others weren't angry, because when you're angry you play God. "Slow to anger" because the Lord knows that most people are angry so the solution for them is to at least suppress that anger as much as possible. That's how I see it.

The whole point is that Jesus wasn't angry. And you shouldn't focus on the word itself because he consistently did good.

A good indicator of anger is causing harm or destruction consistently like Mao Zedong or Lenin did.
But Jesus was angry (Mark 3:5).

• +1
Reactions: .*my*.
But Jesus was angry (Mark 3:5).
You yourself how do you see him if you never read that? Do you get the impression that he was angry? As a whole? How about Mao? How do you perceive him?

People either have anger or no anger at all. Anger is hate and you can't consistently do good if you're angry.

I think what was meant by "Jesus was angry" that he wasn't happy about a certain thing, I mean what other word would you use in that case? That's not the same as anger.

Anger is doing what you do for revenge, destruction or harm and without logic. If you throw something like a table or a chair and it was a calculated move that's not anger and if your motivation is to help others that's not anger either. @Jamesothy
Anger is an emotion. Vengeance is an action. Vengeance is merely one of the many ways that anger can manifest. Anger doesn't always have to lead to vengence.

“Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.” - Romans 12:19

Vengeance is "playing God", but getting angry is not.

• +1
You yourself how do you see him if you never read that? Do you get the impression that he was angry? As a whole? How about Mao? How do you perceive him?

People either have anger or no anger at all. Anger is hate and you can't consistently do good if you're angry.

I think what was meant by "Jesus was angry" that he wasn't happy about a certain thing, I mean what other word would you use in that case? That's not the same as anger.
No, it's very simple. There were times where Jesus got angry, but he wasn't perpetually in that state. Make no mistake, Jesus was angry about certain things.

I don't understand your question about Mao. Mao was a lot of things.

• +1
:feelskek:
autism
i can be agressive without being angry or feeling hatred
i’m aggressive because i want to achieve a goal
Its Hunger

no such thing as righteous anger. It's all evil and Satan lies to us to make us continue being angry, and anger comes from hate so when we're angry we hate. Jesus wasn't angry.
Righteous anger/fury defenetely exist