How much is skeletal frame variable through gene expression?

D

Deleted member 12119

Gold
Minor changes or wide possibilities?

Just mew and you'll have Alistair Overeem's skeleton

• +1
Reactions: Cardiologyscribe
Lol I’m talking about body not face mae

• +1
Reactions: Cardiologyscribe and Deleted member 1973
Lol I’m talking about body not face mae
the variability is very low. Almost all men of the same height have the same frame. What seems as a frame mog, is usually just muscle/posture, or different proporions.

Almost all men have the same biacromial/bideltoid - from 19 to 21.

• +1
Reactions: HighIQcel
the variability is very low. Almost all men of the same height have the same frame. What seems as a frame mog, is usually just muscle/posture, or different proporions.

View attachment 1023952

View attachment 1023952
It think mine must be narrow ribcage then.

It think mine must be narrow ribcage then.
whats your bideltoid now and what is your physique like?

it could be long neck, skinny neck (or both at the same time probably), clavicle shape, deltoids.. etc

whats your bideltoid now and what is your physique like?

it could be long neck, skinny neck (or both at the same time probably), clavicle shape, deltoids.. etc
Take a look

Attachments

• 783FE6F8-61C8-4080-8FAA-D78D05E97105.jpeg
    783FE6F8-61C8-4080-8FAA-D78D05E97105.jpeg
    18.6 KB · Views: 33
Ribcage is 11” wide at its broadest point. About 6 inches deep. Hip bone about 13”. Clavicles are about 5.5 inches wide each.

If you look at most broad shouldered men you can see that their acromion process is about the same height from the floor as the distal ends of their clavicles. Your acromions appear to deviate downward and towards your midline from what would be their ideal position, making you look narrow. This probably resulted from the top half of your ribcage being narrow and not providing the support to push your shoulder joint upwards and outwards to where it should have been as you grew. You cant do anything about your clavicle length (that .me has figured out yet anyway), but you might be able to remodel the shoulder joint and get some small improvement in width measurement but probably more of an aesthetic improvement. Check out this article with an orthopedic surgeon who probably sees this daily. His claim is that hanging will remodel the acromion process to a more favorable position.

Theres also plenty of anecdote for ribcage expansion if you think its worth it for you. You really aren’t terribly narrow but you do need to gymmax quite a bit. Good luck

If you look at most broad shouldered men you can see that their acromion process is about the same height from the floor as the distal ends of their clavicles. Your acromions appear to deviate downward and towards your midline from what would be their ideal position, making you look narrow. This probably resulted from the top half of your ribcage being narrow and not providing the support to push your shoulder joint upwards and outwards to where it should have been as you grew. You cant do anything about your clavicle length (that .me has figured out yet anyway), but you might be able to remodel the shoulder joint and get some small improvement in width measurement but probably more of an aesthetic improvement. Check out this article with an orthopedic surgeon who probably sees this daily. His claim is that hanging will remodel the acromion process to a more favorable position.

Theres also plenty of anecdote for ribcage expansion if you think its worth it for you. You really aren’t terribly narrow but you do need to gymmax quite a bit. Good luck
Very interesting. Would working on lats fix this from a postural standpoint? How atypical is this ribcage gradient? I feel like torso depth plays a big role in the overall look of the frame, even if they aren’t technically “wider”.

Very interesting. Would working on lats fix this from a postural standpoint? How atypical is this ribcage gradient? I feel like torso depth plays a big role in the overall look of the frame, even if they aren’t technically “wider”.
Definitely do lots of weighted pull ups and dumbell pullovers. Active and passive bodyweight hangs often just like ur ancestors did when they were climbing trees. Work on scapular mobility and mobility everywhere in your thoracic cage. Work on inspiratory muscle control.

Weighted hanging is controversial and might be too much from a connective tissue recovery standpoint. Nothing is worth getting injured for.

Also no one has any idea how atypical your frame is. Its what you got so focus on tomorrow and keep your expectations reasonable because significant changes in bone structure haven’t been proven. There’s just anecdote from old school bodybuilders. And from that orthopedic surgeon who says the acromion process remodels.

Definitely do lots of weighted pull ups and dumbell pullovers. Active and passive bodyweight hangs often just like ur ancestors did when they were climbing trees. Work on scapular mobility and mobility everywhere in your thoracic cage. Work on inspiratory muscle control.

Weighted hanging is controversial and might be too much from a connective tissue recovery standpoint. Nothing is worth getting injured for.

Also no one has any idea how atypical your frame is. Its what you got so focus on tomorrow and keep your expectations reasonable because significant changes in bone structure haven’t been proven. There’s just anecdote from old school bodybuilders. And from that orthopedic surgeon who says the acromion process remodels.
According to scientific law (I believe wollffs law) bone under stress if forced to increase mass in order to deal with mechanical load. I imagine if you hit the gym super heavy and ate a lot this would prove true.

According to scientific law (I believe wollffs law) bone under stress if forced to increase mass in order to deal with mechanical load. I imagine if you hit the gym super heavy and ate a lot this would prove true.
Only one way to find out how well that “law” actually works. Now if only someone from this community could figure out how to wolffs law the clavicles longer without it being an obvious cope. Would be the holy grail. Feels pretty unlikely tho

Only one way to find out how well that “law” actually works. Now if only someone from this community could figure out how to wolffs law the clavicles longer without it being an obvious cope. Would be the holy grail. Feels pretty unlikely tho
Someone told me heavy incline press and weighted wide grip pull-ups

Do you think I have comprable starting frame?