How much less effective are dumbell exercises + calisthenics then actually going to the gym?

NordicLeonhard

NordicLeonhard

How did this website become so shit
Its kinda hard for me to get to the gym 6 days a week its a bit far and its always full, I own a bench and two adjustable dumbells. My goal is body recomp.

harder to progressively overload but u can put some dumbbells in a backpack and do some exercises with them

• +1
Reactions: polishcel and NordicLeonhard
harder to progressively overload but u can put some dumbbells in a backpack and do some exercises with them
I have dumbells that go from 5kg to 22kg, I currently dumbell curl 15 kg. Dont know how long theyll last me tbh

• +1
Reactions: Mio
I have dumbells that go from 5kg to 22kg, I currently dumbell curl 15 kg. Dont know how long theyll last me tbh
u can always increase volume til u can get heavier dumbbells

• +1
Reactions: NordicLeonhard
Forget about body recomp there is no such thing (unless with steroids or very strict data driven routines), you get fat and big than you small and lean than you do that again and you get a little bit better figure. I think a bench and dumbbell is nice for getting a figure but i did that for a while than i went to a gym and did a ppl and it was really easy to follow and from about a year of getting doing simple at home workout for a decent physique to 3 month in the gym following a ppl routine where i was being accused of steroids

Forget about body recomp there is no such thing (unless with steroids or very strict data driven routines), you get fat and big than you small and lean than you do that again and you get a little bit better figure. I think a bench and dumbbell is nice for getting a figure but i did that for a while than i went to a gym and did a ppl and it was really easy to follow and from about a year of getting doing simple at home workout for a decent physique to 3 month in the gym following a ppl routine where i was being accused of steroids
Then im just gonna cut while working out even though i dont have alot of muscle.

Then im just gonna cut while working out even though i dont have alot of muscle.
Thats fine. Being lean is very important but getting up to 225 is a big game changer in your life. Goes hard in the gym for 225 than just cruising out with small bulk and cuts is the way to go. Just make you have a routine you follow constantly and my biggest mistake was not taking track. than also protein. I wasted a lot of muscle building because i wasnt consuming enough protein

• +1
Thats fine. Being lean is very important but getting up to 225 is a big game changer in your life. Goes hard in the gym for 225 than just cruising out with small bulk and cuts is the way to go. Just make you have a routine you follow constantly and my biggest mistake was not taking track. than also protein. I wasted a lot of muscle building because i wasnt consuming enough protein
Im 200lbs right now but im in pussy prime years so i need to cut down alot, I agree with what you say tho.

no difference as long as you can progressively overload

• +1
no difference as long as you can progressively overload
Dont some of the exercises only doable with machines, Cables and Bars better at stimulating the muscle then dumbell exercises?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 52566
Reminder that all good looking callisthenics athletes are on roids or have very good genes

• So Sad
Dont some of the exercises only doable with machines, Cables and Bars better at stimulating the muscle then dumbell exercises?
for some people machines/cables feel better (because they have different resistance curves and require less stability) but your body cant tell the difference from a muscle building standpoint. Just make sure you arent using too much momentum with dumbells or else yes they will be worse

most machine movements can be mimicked with dumbells but yeah you cant do all of them with dumbells its just something you gotta deal with if you cant use machines

• +1