How often do you guys shampoo ur hair?

ascendedd

ascendedd

Afghan Pashtun
Because i shampoo every 2-3 days and i hate my hair on first day of shampoo. Flat asf. But on 2nd day shower, my hair gets a very good volume and good style.
I wonder if i can reduce the amount of shampoo i use and want to see how many times other shampoo their hair.

• +1
Reactions: ellisadrian
once a week, on Monday

• +1
Reactions: agoostis
-- how often is it needed to wash hair --
that's a very relevant question.
As youtuber Trav White exposed, everytime one washes hair (even with just water), he or she breaks hair structure leading to frizzy hair, thin hair or unappealing hair texture.

iu

figure: frizzy hair vs intact hair

A naive answer to the problem could be: "just wash your hair with good shampoo once a week to maintain your hair texture healthy"

however washing your hair rarely is a bad choice because after 2-3 days hair starts becoming greasy, oily, dirty.
Additionally a workout will make your skin release a lot of sweat, which is a mixture of water and oil (sebum) that makes hair immediately more oily.

In social contexts it is better to wear damaged hair than disgusting oily hair that makes people think you have not had a shower for a week.
My solution is using some coconut oil on hair before the shower because it helps protecting hair from water damage, and then I have a shower every two days.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Michael Myers, TheDragon, Danish_Retard and 3 others
As youtuber Trav White exposed, everytime one washes hair (even with just water), he or she breaks hair structure leading to frizzy hair, thin hair or unappealing hair texture.

iu

An naive answer to the problem could be: "just wash your hair with good shampoo once a week to maintain your hair texture healthy"

however washing your hair rarely is a bad choice because after 2-3 days hair starts becoming greasy, oily, dirty.
Additionally a workout will make your skin release a lot of sweat, which is a mixture of water and oil (sebum) that makes hair immediately more oily.

In social contexts it is better to wear damaged hair than disgusting oily hair that makes people think you have not had a shower for a week.
My solution is using some coconut oil on hair before the shower because it helps protecting hair from water damage, and then I have a shower every two days.
I wash my hair everyday, is it fine if i dont use shampoo then

I wash my hair everyday, is it fine if i dont use shampoo then
shampoo is good because it removes oil from your hair.
I shapoo three times a week after every workout
water only damages hair

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 27066
shampoo is good because it removes oil from your hair.
I shapoo three times a week after every workout
water only damages hair
Fuck, i hate shampoo because my hair gets flat as fuck, is there any thing u can do against it?

iu

An naive answer to the problem could be: "just wash your hair with good shampoo once a week to maintain your hair texture healthy"

My hair actually looks better frizzy. I also rub it hard with the towel after the shower for that frizzy look

Every other month.

• JFL
Reactions: BoredPrince
twice a week three days between showering it

I haven’t washed my hair since June 2022

• +1
Reactions: BoredPrince and Deleted member 26640
Wednesday and sunday.

I use to think it was bad and didn’t do it much but I think my hair is better when I do it daily

Fuck, i hate shampoo because my hair gets flat as fuck, is there any thing u can do against it?
I use coconut oil after shower for frizzy hair, I think it helps the most,

tried using sea salt spray but results only lasted about 2 hours

but nothing will be good as natural non frizzy hair

Interesting, I use coconut oil after shower to restore moisture

Is using it before the shower better and effective idea?

No wonder my hair is still dry and frizzy asf even without using shampoo and conditioner

No wonder my hair is still dry and frizzy asf even without using shampoo and conditioner
genetics plays a huge role in having frizzy texture

• +1
Reactions: TUSSELEIF
genetics plays a huge role in having frizzy texture
Of course, have you seen any improvements to your hair using coconut oil before every other day shower?

shampoo mondays, thursdays, saturdays (days i exercise the hardest and at night)
conditioner every day

Every 2-3 days after scalp starts to itch