How smart do you need to be a quant?

Lol at realistic. The vast majority of software developers will never work at a FAANG. And don't think that these people are somehow incompetent.
That doesn't contradict anything I said.

• +1
Reactions: Pakicel
pakicel projection
It's not projection. Most users here are lazy and just rot. I am not talking about you. You will probably be okay. Though it's definitely gonna be tough to break in when you graduate in a few years. AI and an influx of wannabe software devs is gonna make the entry level market even more oversaturated than it is right now. You definitely won't be making 100k out of uni and will probably struggle because of high cost of living. And you likely won't be working at a FAANG. It's extremely competitive. You have people with 3-4 years of experience applying for entry roles there.

It's not projection. Most users here are lazy and just rot. I am not talking about you. You will probably be okay. Though it's definitely gonna be tough to break in when you graduate in a few years. AI and an influx of wannabe software devs is gonna make the entry level market even more oversaturated than it is right now. You definitely won't be making 100k out of uni and will probably struggle because of high cost of living. And you likely won't be working at a FAANG. It's extremely competitive. You have people with 3-4 years of experience applying for entry roles there.
holy essay

you realise this forum has 20k users out of which only 200 are regular posters, you're judging 200 people.

• +1
holy essay

you realise this forum has 20k users out of which only 200 are regular posters, you're judging 200 people.
This is just my impression. All I know is that most people who actually go out and do things IRL don't join these sorts of places.

Those people will have it easier but muh hard work is still helpful if quant is your goal. FAANG or similiar is a more realistic goal to aim for though. jfl you can say that about any job. Most OF girls dont make money.
I dont get why you would want to strive for that goal when there are much better opportunities for less effort. Perhaps its the most stable path where you can guarantee that hard will pay off in the end but if you are already aiming at the stars you may as well realize that there are better answers to achieving financial freedom

• +1
Reactions: fuse, Pakicel and LooksOrDeath
I dont get why you would want to strive for that goal when there are much better opportunities for less effort. Perhaps its the most stable path where you can guarantee that hard will pay off in the end but if you are already aiming at the stars you may as well realize that there are better answers to achieving financial freedom
Aiming for Quant if you're not in a top 20 US university or aren't a genius is somewhat pointless. Better to use that energy elsewhere

• +1
Reactions: bwrauycnee and StrangerDanger
But the problem with entrepreneurship is that you already need to have some capital to begin with. What should the average povertycel do? Their best option is to wagecuck tbh.

• +1
Reactions: LooksOrDeath and StrangerDanger
This is just my impression. All I know is that most people who actually go out and do things IRL don't join these sorts of places.
The vast majority of users here have less than 500 posts. So they don't fit your assumption of what a user here is like. Also don't glorify people who go out a lot, they're the minority nowadays, with tiktok and instagram and dating apps.

Last edited:
  • +1
But the problem with entrepreneurship is that you already need to have some capital to begin with. What should the average povertycel do? Their best option is to wagecuck tbh.
The sooner you stop using the words wagecucking and average povertycel the sooner you'll stop losing hair.

• +1
You dont need capital for everything especially in the modern digital landscape where there are infinite opportunities or you could acquire investors. There’s no guarantee though and it is risky, but they could come a far way if they directed that energy into entreprenurship, finding oppourtunities and developing real world skills instead of spending a decade competing with the 99.9999th percentile just to be profited of. Perhaps stable but its bluepilled af, its probably one of the most challenging things you can dedicate your life to just to get wealthmogged by local business and teenage kids dropshopping

• +1
Reactions: horizontallytall, fuse and Pakicel
The sooner you stop using the words wagecucking and average povertycel the sooner you'll stop losing hair.
Lol. I don't use these words IRL. Besides, 'it's over', 'NCT' and 'Chad' are part of normie internet lingo now. In a few years, it will be more NT to say wagecuck, workcel instead of working. I am just ahead of the curve.

• JFL
Reactions: LooksOrDeath
You dont need capital for everything especially in the modern digital landscape where there are infinite opportunities or you could acquire investors. There’s no guarantee though and it is risky, but they could come a far way if they directed that energy into entreprenurship, finding oppourtunities and developing real world skills instead of spending a decade competing with the 99.9999th percentile just to be profited of. Perhaps stable but its bluepilled af, its probably one of the most challenging things you can dedicate your life to just to get wealthmogged by local business and teenage kids dropshopping
The thing is we only hear about the successes. Tons of people start businesses everyday just to end up worse off than they were before.

• +1
Reactions: StrangerDanger
Lol. I don't use these words IRL. Besides, 'it's over', 'NCT' and 'Chad' are part of normie internet lingo now. In a few years, it will be more NT to say wagecuck, workcel instead of working. I am just ahead of the curve.
jfl I'm not talking about muh NT I'm talking about your mental wellbeing.

• +1
The thing is we only hear about the successes. Tons of people start businesses everyday just to end up worse off than they were before.
So does the millions of kids who get rejected from prestigous universities each year, nothing is guaranteed even through hard work but I am sure starting a profitable business and scaling it is a simpler path than trying to be the 99.99999th% in one of the most competitive fields. The world is filled with oppurtunities and it doesn’t even have to be something insane. The owner of a local plumbing firm probably makes more with even bigger opportunity for growth

• +1
Reactions: horizontallytall, fuse, Pakicel and 1 other person
Not smart at all, just do meth.

• JFL
Reactions: yayatourer
im curious. I would guess 150-160. but I am not certain that all geniuses of that caliber would even want to slave away their youth
IQ doesn't mean shit but, the thid is the best job if you're actually able to focus and have a good backgroung in maths. But don't underestimate the difficulty, 99.99% of the forum can't make it in less than 5-10 years from now.

• +1
So does the millions of kids who get rejected from prestigous universities each year, nothing is guaranteed even through hard work but I am sure starting a profitable business and scaling it is a simpler path than trying to be the 99.99999th% in one of the most competitive fields. The world is filled with oppurtunities and it doesn’t even have to be something insane. The owner of a local plumbing firm probably makes more with even bigger opportunity for growth
That is completely true. 👏👏

IQ doesn't mean shit but, the thid is the best job if you're actually able to focus and have a good backgroung in maths. But don't underestimate the difficulty, 99.99% of the forum can't make it in less than 5-10 years from now.
The best bet for most on here is to go to tradeschool and become a plumber or electrician. They could also get a CDL and become a truck driver. Tons of good money to be made.

• +1
Reactions: yayatourer
Unfortunately, most povertycels will stay that way for the rest of their life. Most don't escape. It's a vicious cycle.

• +1
  • WTF
Reactions: JohnDoe, StrangerDanger and yayatourer
The best bet for most on here is to go to tradeschool and become a plumber or electrician. They could also get a CDL and become a truck driver. Tons of good money to be made.
Just sell oranges theory. As long as you are doing things right and improving with time, no need to be super innovative just keep grinding and sell something

• +1
Reactions: Pakicel and StrangerDanger
The vast majority of users will never have anything better than a minimum wage role. Many won't even get that and will be NEETs for life.
:feelspepo: But why? Why can't i be more?

• +1
Reactions: Pakicel and Mr. President
:feelspepo: But why? Why can't i be more?
I wasn't talking about you or any other user in particular. From what I remember, you have health issues stopping you from holding down a normal job. A lot of employers won't be very accomodating unfortunately. You can still ascend in your career but it will likely be a lot of work. This is something you should have been thinking about before graduation. Not now.

• So Sad
Reactions: JohnDoe
I wasn't talking about you or any other user in particular. From what I remember, you have health issues stopping you from holding down a normal job. A lot of employers won't be very accomodating unfortunately. You can still ascend in your career but it will likely be a lot of work. This is something you should have been thinking about before graduation. Not now.
Brutal. It never even began for me. I've resorted to deluding myself into thinking all will be well after i get rhino. I need surgeon suggestions, preferably Turkiye as i need tooth implants and a hair transplant aswell maybe. How will i acquire the funds? Heh... who knows but i shall cope and distract myself from my crippling depression caused by my health issues.

• +1
At least 140 IQ with amazing speed and top-tier adapting skills, then you should cut it.

quants are the literal incels of Wall Street
Just lol at getting bullied by Ivy League banker chads
Hahaha

quants are the literal incels of Wall Street
Just lol at getting bullied by Ivy League banker chads
Hahaha
i dont think people realize quants dont make as much as you think they do, the 400k new grad salaries are real but the 80 hours of week are also real you might as well go to faang and take two jobs and make 400k probably less stress too.

i dont think people realize quants dont make as much as you think they do, the 400k new grad salaries are real but the 80 hours of week are also real you might as well go to faang and take two jobs and make 400k probably less stress too.
That shit is a looksmin, every body is bald and sleep deprived lol

That shit is a looksmin, every body is bald and sleep deprived lol
thats what im saying i have had so many international students go to amazon and they were the hardest working mfers and ended up suicidal and quit their job to move back to their country. If you can just do over employment remote could probably stack like 3 jobs with 40 hours week max gotta get super lucky tho especially in this market guranteed 300k+

• +1
Reactions: autistic_tendencies
The shock I'm experiencing at reading this thread. Just never thought I'd actually read a thread where there are guys that are actually somewhat knowledgeable or familiar with the topic replying. Shitposting days are finally over
Sad Season 1 Episode 1 GIF by NBC

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: coispet, LooksOrDeath and Kamui
The shock I'm experiencing at reading this thread. Just never thought I'd actually read a thread where there are guys that are actually somewhat knowledgeable or familiar with the topic replying. Shitposting days are finally over
The only thing I realised from this thread is that the average iq of this forum is 140 minimum with outliers being above 160. Can’t deny the fact that most people on here are 6’4, white and blue eyed as well.

This is the future time I’ve seen you actually reply to a thread holy fuckkkkk

Brutal. It never even began for me. I've resorted to deluding myself into thinking all will be well after i get rhino. I need surgeon suggestions, preferably Turkiye as i need tooth implants and a hair transplant aswell maybe. How will i acquire the funds? Heh... who knows but i shall cope and distract myself from my crippling depression caused by my health issues.
How much can you set aside for surgeries?

Does it matter? When you are on incel forums, you use incel lingo.
when you are amongst abused dogs, you should try not be one yourself, words have meaning

• +1
when you are amongst abused dogs, you should try not be one yourself, words have meaning
What’s wrong with using “povertycel” or “wagecuck”? Their normie equivalents have negative connotations anyway.

• JFL
Reactions: LooksOrDeath
How much can you set aside for surgeries?
Right now? Nothing because not working but when i work i can basically save 90% of my paycheck i think, no expenses besides car insurance/fuel and small things. Still going to take a while as I'm not fit enough to work right now and not sure when i will be. How much is rhino on average in Turkey?

• +1
DSA and CP?
DATA STRUCTURES AND ALGORITHMS - DSA. COMPETITIVE PROGRAMMING -CP . if you master both of them youll easily become the most sought after prodigy in silicon valley. it requires extensive knowledge in mathematics tho.

• +1
Reactions: LooksOrDeath and Mr. President
What’s wrong with using “povertycel” or “wagecuck”?
You're really asking what's wrong with calling what 99% of people do cucked? jfl that's something. The vast majority of those people certainly don't think of themselves that way, and calling something you are willingly going to do for 40 years of life cucked is a whole new level of abused dog syndrome.
Their normie equivalents have negative connotations anyway.
what normie equivalents

Right now? Nothing because not working but when i work i can basically save 90% of my paycheck i think, no expenses besides car insurance/fuel and small things. Still going to take a while as I'm not fit enough to work right now and not sure when i will be. How much is rhino on average in Turkey?
Will cost you at least 4000 euros for a competent doctor. You should have 15k saved up before getting rhino imo because you might need a revision.

If have zero savings and minimal career prospects, you should not be getting any surgeries imo. Also, how are you even surviving rn? Do you get NEETbux?

You're really asking what's wrong with calling what 99% of people do cucked? jfl that's something. The vast majority of those people certainly don't think of themselves that way, and calling something you are willingly going to do for 40 years of life cucked is a whole new level of abused dog syndrome.
Dude. Everyone deep down realises workcelling is cope for being a povertycel. You are basically giving away most of your youth to a corporation that doesn’t give af about you just to have a roof over your head. People do it because they have to not because they like it. Also, the fact that you only get a small portion of the fruits of your labour is the definition of cucked. Ideally, you’d want to be a trust fund Richfield who doesn’t need to work.
what normie equivalents
Poor and corporate slavery.

im curious. I would guess 150-160. but I am not certain that all geniuses of that caliber would even want to slave away their youth
Like 128-135iq

Dude. Everyone deep down realises workcelling is cope for being a povertycel. You are basically giving away most of your youth to a corporation that doesn’t give af about you just to have a roof over your head. People do it because they have to not because they like it. Also, the fact that you only get a small portion of the fruits of your labour is the definition of cucked. Ideally, you’d want to be a trust fund Richfield who doesn’t need to work.
There are bankrupt small businesses and there are engineers and accountants making 6 figures, the callous corporation thing is a moot point since that could be extended to society as a whole. Everyone is subordinate to someone else no matter how powerful or wealthy they are. We live in obectively better times regarding this compared to our ancestors.
Same meanings, you could say, but these words are used by people mean them in much different connontations atleast, as a way to divert attention to causes that empower the working class , while the incels just make fun of people who have jobs by calling them wagecucks while they rot at home.

Last edited:
  • +1
Will cost you at least 4000 euros for a competent doctor. You should have 15k saved up before getting rhino imo because you might need a revision.

If have zero savings and minimal career prospects, you should not be getting any surgeries imo. Also, how are you even surviving rn? Do you get NEETbux?
No but I'm going to apply for neetbux which i should have done 5 years ago. 15k just for rhino? Revisions will be 10k on top of the original price? I need rhino otherwise I'm not working, i have no reason to work if I'm to live like a truecel for life. Tons of people get rhino and don't have 15k, I'd say 10k saved up should be fine? I can wagecuck for 6m and save 10k.

Last edited:
  • Hmm...

So why work? If i have a roof over my head and food, why give away what remains of my youth for peanuts? The only thing you would do it for is to get surgeries or have a stable job for marriage.

• +1
No but I'm going to apply for neetbux which i should have done 5 years ago. 15k just for rhino?
Dude. If you spend all your savings on rhino and you get botched, it's gonna make you want to rope. Besides, revision rhinos are more expensive than primaries. Also, rhino isn't the first surgery you should get if your maxilla is very recessed. You need bimax to build a foundation.
Revisions will be 10k on top of the original price? I need rhino otherwise I'm not working, i have no reason to work if I'm to live like a truecel for life. Tons of people get rhino and don't have 15k, I'd say 10k saved up should be fine? I can wagecuck for 6m and save 10k.
Depends. Revisions can cost 50k with some surgeons.

Imo, your goal rn should be to establish your career. How are you doing on that front? Any interviews for decent places? Whereabouts in the UK do you live?

Last edited:
So why work? If i have a roof over my head and food, why give away what remains of my youth for peanuts? The only thing you would do it for is to get surgeries or have a stable job for marriage.
Who is paying for that roof over your head and the food? Your parents? They won't be able to support you forever you know. What is their financial situation like?

Who is paying for that roof over your head and the food? Your parents? They won't be able to support you forever you know. What is their financial situation like?
I know it won't last, infact it lasted a lot longer than i expected it to.
Everything is stacked against me, my looks, my health, anything you can think of and i am fucked up in that area. They're both pensioners, to nobodys surprise they were 40 when i was born, that explains a lot.
Dude. If you spend all your savings on rhino and you get botched, it's gonna make you want to rope. Besides, revision rhinos are more expensive than primaries. Also, rhino isn't the first surgery you should get if your maxilla is very recessed. You need bimax to build a foundation.

Depends. Revisions can cost 50k with some surgeons.

Imo, your goal rn should be to establish your career. How are you doing on that front? Any interviews for decent places? Whereabouts in the UK do you live?
I think it's a little too late for building a career unless i get extremely lucky with an entry level tech job after doing certs/learning python but i know better and this is wishful thinking and it's not happening. My health is terrible so it's not like i can even work right now anyways. Doctors aren't helping me, brutal.
Bimax sure but even without it i think rhino will do good for me if done correctly.
50k for a revision on a rhino that cost 5k? Sounds ridiculous. Alternatively i can try to find the best rhino surgeon in turkiye and if i get botched then i find the tallest building in Istanbul and Sayonara truecel-kun!

Last edited:
  • JFL
@LooksOrDeath @Mr. President
130 is enough
But you underestimate the amount of hard work and stress.
Can you work 100 hours/week consistently? Are you the kind of person to work 100 hours/week?
If not you wont get quant even with 150

• +1
Reactions: LooksOrDeath and Deleted member 39140