How the mandible matches maxillary width, and expanding the mandible with MSE alone (High IQcels GTFIH)

retard

retard

rides a short bus to school
For the past several months i have been wondering how the mandible naturally grows to meet the maxilla in nearly every case, regardless of oral posture. With the environmental factors being negligible in determining if the mandible will match the maxilla, it almost seems like the body has some "self regulating" way of just knowing how much the mandible needs to expand. However if the body has this "all knowing way" of expanding the mandible, it poses the question, why doesn't the mandible expand to meet the maxilla when its expanded with something like MSE? I mean you never see someone with a super wide maxilla and a tiny ass mandible, it just doesnt happen they are always together, but why? I looked through so many studies and found literally nothing. Many people who pride themselves in orthotropic knowledge know nothing on this question, not to mention there isnt a single video on the orthotropics youtube that addresses mandibular widening, and the process that causes it, while we know the mandible expands to match the maxilla, know one really knows how or why, some people claim keeping your teeth together will cause it to keep up with the maxilla, but that is just pure spectulation, this is my theory.

First lets remember that the temporomandibular joints attach at the temporal bone, and the zygomatic bone

Now that we see the TM joint is connected to the zygos, this is what regulates jaw width, as the maxilla expands laterally, the zygos will be pushed outwards increasing the bizygo distance, since the mandible is connected to the zygos, as it expands the mandible will also be under pressure to adapt to the new position, and it will cause the mandible to widen, so the TM joint is not having to compensate by stretching.

This is the mechanism summed up: Maxilla expands increasing the distance between the location where the TM joints bridge the mandible to the rest of the skull, as the TM joints widen, they are stretched which prompts the mandible to stimulate new bone growth to widen.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32039632/ - RME in growing patients is able, in the short term, to modify the condyle-fossa relationship
Untitled

This picture demonstrates how widening the mandible will manifest in a wider dental arch for the non visual thinkers out there lol

Notice how there is no force acting upon the lower dental arch, but as the mandible expands, the teeth will remain in their same relative position to the mandible, but will also be widened as the jaw is widened.

This is the "natural regulator" of occlusion, whenever the maxilla is widened, the mandible also widens due to the location it attaches to being widened, prompting it to widen in structure itsself. Because of this crossbites are relatively uncommon, and they are more due to other poor oral posture habits, not genetic.

Now the question: If this is true why doesn't MSE expand the mandible? Simple, MSE expands way too fast for the mandible to develop new bone to widen, bone will not just instantly form the second the TM joint is stretched, especially not at the rate the MSE expands.

To compensate the cartilage, being elastic in nature will stretch to keep the mandible connected to the rest of the skull.

There should be no age limiting factor like a suture maturing here, so how do we expand the mandible with MSE without need for MSDO, or SFOT?

1. Once the suture is split, expand more slowly, this will give more time for your jaw to create new bone to catch up to the zygos and the temporal bones

2. CHEW CHEW AND CHEW MORE, we know that stress on bone causes microstrains which will prompt the bone to increase in mass, basically the entire premise of bone smashing.

I do not know if this is simply coincidence or not, but as you can see the highest areas of stress, are exactly at the location where new bone is needed

3. Take supplements that increase osteoblasts, such as vitamin K2, D3, Calcium, Magnesium, Boron, and anything that increases HGH

this may be completely wrong but hey this is what science is about

just found this FUCKING LIFE FUEL for this theory. https://scidoc.org/IJDOS-2377-8075-07-302.php

The purpose of this prospective study was to investigate medium-term indirect effects of Maxillary Expansion (RME) therapy on mandibular arch dimensions using two different clinical protocol activation. Sixty patients in mixed dentition (mean age 7.8 y) showing maxillary deficiency and/or unilateral or bilateral cross-bite were treated with RPE (Haas type) on second deciduous molars. For patient in RME group (rapid maxillary expansion), treatment protocol consisted of 2 turns per day: For patient in SME (slow maxillary expansion) group treatment protocol consisted of 2 turns per week. Study models were taken before (T1) and after expansion (T2) with 12 ± 4 months interval. Dental cast were digitized with a 3D scanner (3Shape, DK) and a set of landmarks was digitized on each digital model. Mandibular intermolar distance (MID), mandibular molar torque (MMT), mandibular intercanine distance (MIcD) and mandibular canine torque (MCT) were assessed. At T1, no differences at baseline were found between groups. At T2, in RME group, mandibular intermolar distance (MID) increased 1.2 mm and MMT increased 6.5°. In SME group MID increased 1.3 mm and mandibular molar torque (MMT) increased 6.2°. There was a significant effect on mandibular intercanine distance (MIcD) (RME +0.8 mm, SME +0.9 mm) and on and mandibular canine torque (MCT) (RME +3.4°, SME +3.8°). The improvement in transversal and torque measurement did not differ between groups. In conclusion, both rapid and slow maxillary expansion protocols have a significant medium-term widening effect on the mandibular first molars and canines.

Basically means expanding the maxilla will also widen the mandible (it was done using expanders so no specific "oral posture" caused it, simply a reaction from the expansion, and SME expands the mandible more than RPE, like the theory claims as it gives more time for bone to grow.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 32529, Beastchodecode, 5'7 zoomer and 29 others
If i was you i'd study medicine to become a surgeon or the new mike mew

• +1
Reactions: ungewist, Manfrommars, Deleted member 32529 and 10 others
How often should you chew? and what are your thoughts on bone smashing?

How often should you chew? and what are your thoughts on bone smashing?
if i was doing mse id chew a fuck ton, idk how much though, regularly i do 30m/side, and i think bone smashing is good if you do it on areas where you wont damage stuff like chin, browridge, and parts of the zygos

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, Deleted member 3990 and Incoming
if i was doing mse id chew a fuck ton, idk how much though, regularly i do 30m/side, and i think bone smashing is good if you do it on areas where you wont damage stuff like chin, browridge, and parts of the zygos
I bonesmashed my zygos a couple times and applied a topical k2 cream i made afterwards. Definitely feel like they increased slightly. Which parts tho? I hit it all from all angles ;)

I bonesmashed my zygos a couple times and applied a topical k2 cream i made afterwards. Definitely feel like they increased slightly. Which parts tho? I hit it all from all angles ;)
i would just avoid the zygomatic major muscle and if there are any arteries there, im not for sure exactly where they are though

son u need to petition a name change tbh

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 32529, Beastchodecode, 5'7 zoomer and 9 others
Just adding megadosing K2 is counterproductive to remodeling and bonesmashing is a fucking meme from older lookism lmao, idk why people still unironically spread it.

I doubt that what you are describing is the proper mechanism just because of how much pressure that would place on the temporomandibular condyles (seems like it would use that as a lever). This is also a common issue that comes up with jaw health in mandible distraction patients.

I agree with your hypothesis from my experience. Since young, my upper head (ear level and above) is very wide whenever I chew tough meat my TMJ area hurts. As I get older, it never happen anymore. I guess the mandible width has caught up.

Just adding megadosing K2 is counterproductive to remodeling and bonesmashing is a fucking meme from older lookism lmao, idk why people still unironically spread it.

I doubt that what you are describing is the proper mechanism just because of how much pressure that would place on the temporomandibular condyles (seems like it would use that as a lever). This is also a common issue that comes up with jaw health in mandible distraction patients.
yes i shouldnt of said remodelling, all you really want is an overload of osteoblasts, you mainly just need to generate new bone not have it remodel

it would put extensive stress if you rapidly expanded the maxilla causing a large discrepancy very fast, when people are just naturally developing the maxilla would expand at an extremely small but consistent rate which wouldnt put any stresses on the condyles that werent sustainable.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: AscendingHero and Darkstrand
It all makes sense now

• +1
Reactions: retard
how does this post have 3 likes

bumo

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 32529 and FinasterideAt17
I always assumed it was the chewing that did it. maxilla expands .1mm -> molars no longer line up perfectly -> chewing exerts force on lower molars -> mandibular expansion

Yet another quality post from retard.

• Love it
Great thread
I mean this is all we got, but do you think it makes a big difference if you have mse for 3 or for 4.5 months? It still is a rather short period of time
@retard

• +1
Reactions: 5'7 zoomer and retard
brutal tbh. Can you give me advice on how to properly bonesmash? @retard
Im afraid of like damaging my face

brutal tbh. Can you give me advice on how to properly bonesmash? @retard
Im afraid of like damaging my face
lol I don’t think there is a proper way, just make sure you are mewing while doing it so the neck will act as a rigid anchor to transport the force into your body so you aren’t smacking your brain around, and do it on safe areas, probably safest is chin

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5912 and Darkstrand
Mandible has many depository growth areas

The zygos/maxilla doesnt

One reason why bonesmashing may work on mandible, aswell as chewing
And with maxillary expansion the masseter muscle changes strain on the mandible
Thats maybe what Mew means with "catch up"

Sorry if you have mentioned this in your OP, i dn rd
If you remind me, I could send the picture of the depository areas of the mandible

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: AscendingHero, randomguy1235, MogTheMogger and 2 others

The zygos/maxilla doesnt

If you remind me, I could send the picture of the depository areas of the mandible
You are back:love:

wouldn't this mean that after increasing the width of the upper palate with mse you just have to wait a bit until your jaw repositions itself?
I always assumed it was the chewing that did it. maxilla expands .1mm -> molars no longer line up perfectly -> chewing exerts force on lower molars -> mandibular expansion
i had something like this in mind too. but how does imperfect alinement lead to mandibular expansion? do you think this misalinement puts additional stress on the mandible? i don't know if that's how it works but if it does then that would be an explanation

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Darkstrand
wouldn't this mean that after increasing the width of the upper palate with mse you just have to wait a bit until your jaw repositions itself?

i had something like this in mind too. but how does imperfect alinement lead to mandibular expansion? do you think this misalinement puts additional stress on the mandible? i don't know if that's how it works but if it does then that would be an explanation
Yes you should be able to just wait, but there may be some nuance of it since it expands so rapidly that the mandible won’t expand to the same width as if expansion was slow

since the jaw attaches to zygos, when zygos expand from expansion, the jaw is now too small structurally to fit into the temporal fossa, meaning the cartilage in the TMJ has to compensate which prompts mandibular growth

I tried to ponder everyway chewing could expand the arch, but there was no physics explanation I could come up with as chewing is a downwards force and not a outward force which would be needed for expansion, and if chewing was responsible people with bruxism should have very wide lower arches compared to their maxillary dental arch, but that’s not the case the arches are always very similar in width

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5912
Yes you should be able to just wait, but there may be some nuance of it since it expands so rapidly that the mandible won’t expand to the same width as if expansion was slow

since the jaw attaches to zygos, when zygos expand from expansion, the jaw is now too small structurally to fit into the temporal fossa, meaning the cartilage in the TMJ has to compensate which prompts mandibular growth

I tried to ponder everyway chewing could expand the arch, but there was no physics explanation I could come up with as chewing is a downwards force and not a outward force which would be needed for expansion, and if chewing was responsible people with bruxism should have very wide lower arches compared to their maxillary dental arch, but that’s not the case the arches are always very similar in width
i don't think it matters in which way the force is going. this is just about what areas are put under stress. just by looking at people in public or on the internet i am very convinced that people with longer ramus bones (-> more chewing) generally have wider dental arches, wouldn't you agree?

going back to your theory, in order to justify your theory you have to explain in more detail how the stretching of the cartilage which connects the mandible to the zygomatic bone stimulates mandibular growth. if this cartilage is stretched outward then it should put more stress on the mandible, though is this really enough to affect the growth? what do you suggest?

• +1
can mse prevent pain from wisdom teeth??

life fuel im 15
but how the fuck can I convince an orthojew to do mse
mse is for adults, a palate expander should do the job just fine

• +1
For the past several months i have been wondering how the mandible naturally grows to meet the maxilla in nearly every case, regardless of oral posture. With the environmental factors being negligible in determining if the mandible will match the maxilla, it almost seems like the body has some "self regulating" way of just knowing how much the mandible needs to expand. However if the body has this "all knowing way" of expanding the mandible, it poses the question, why doesn't the mandible expand to meet the maxilla when its expanded with something like MSE? I mean you never see someone with a super wide maxilla and a tiny ass mandible, it just doesnt happen they are always together, but why? I looked through so many studies and found literally nothing. Many people who pride themselves in orthotropic knowledge know nothing on this question, not to mention there isnt a single video on the orthotropics youtube that addresses mandibular widening, and the process that causes it, while we know the mandible expands to match the maxilla, know one really knows how or why, some people claim keeping your teeth together will cause it to keep up with the maxilla, but that is just pure spectulation, this is my theory.

First lets remember that the temporomandibular joints attach at the temporal bone, and the zygomatic bone View attachment 427228
Now that we see the TM joint is connected to the zygos, this is what regulates jaw width, as the maxilla expands laterally, the zygos will be pushed outwards increasing the bizygo distance, since the mandible is connected to the zygos, as it expands the mandible will also be under pressure to adapt to the new position, and it will cause the mandible to widen, so the TM joint is not having to compensate by stretching.

This is the mechanism summed up: Maxilla expands increasing the distance between the location where the TM joints bridge the mandible to the rest of the skull, as the TM joints widen, they are stretched which prompts the mandible to stimulate new bone growth to widen.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32039632/ - RME in growing patients is able, in the short term, to modify the condyle-fossa relationship
View attachment 427237
This picture demonstrates how widening the mandible will manifest in a wider dental arch for the non visual thinkers out there lol

Notice how there is no force acting upon the lower dental arch, but as the mandible expands, the teeth will remain in their same relative position to the mandible, but will also be widened as the jaw is widened.

This is the "natural regulator" of occlusion, whenever the maxilla is widened, the mandible also widens due to the location it attaches to being widened, prompting it to widen in structure itsself. Because of this crossbites are relatively uncommon, and they are more due to other poor oral posture habits, not genetic.

Now the question: If this is true why doesn't MSE expand the mandible? Simple, MSE expands way too fast for the mandible to develop new bone to widen, bone will not just instantly form the second the TM joint is stretched, especially not at the rate the MSE expands.
View attachment 427242
To compensate the cartilage, being elastic in nature will stretch to keep the mandible connected to the rest of the skull.

There should be no age limiting factor like a suture maturing here, so how do we expand the mandible with MSE without need for MSDO, or SFOT?

1. Once the suture is split, expand more slowly, this will give more time for your jaw to create new bone to catch up to the zygos and the temporal bones

2. CHEW CHEW AND CHEW MORE, we know that stress on bone causes microstrains which will prompt the bone to increase in mass, basically the entire premise of bone smashing.
View attachment 427245
I do not know if this is simply coincidence or not, but as you can see the highest areas of stress, are exactly at the location where new bone is needed

3. Take supplements that increase osteoblasts, such as vitamin K2, D3, Calcium, Magnesium, Boron, and anything that increases HGH

this may be completely wrong but hey this is what science is about

just found this FUCKING LIFE FUEL for this theory. https://scidoc.org/IJDOS-2377-8075-07-302.php

The purpose of this prospective study was to investigate medium-term indirect effects of Maxillary Expansion (RME) therapy on mandibular arch dimensions using two different clinical protocol activation. Sixty patients in mixed dentition (mean age 7.8 y) showing maxillary deficiency and/or unilateral or bilateral cross-bite were treated with RPE (Haas type) on second deciduous molars. For patient in RME group (rapid maxillary expansion), treatment protocol consisted of 2 turns per day: For patient in SME (slow maxillary expansion) group treatment protocol consisted of 2 turns per week. Study models were taken before (T1) and after expansion (T2) with 12 ± 4 months interval. Dental cast were digitized with a 3D scanner (3Shape, DK) and a set of landmarks was digitized on each digital model. Mandibular intermolar distance (MID), mandibular molar torque (MMT), mandibular intercanine distance (MIcD) and mandibular canine torque (MCT) were assessed. At T1, no differences at baseline were found between groups. At T2, in RME group, mandibular intermolar distance (MID) increased 1.2 mm and MMT increased 6.5°. In SME group MID increased 1.3 mm and mandibular molar torque (MMT) increased 6.2°. There was a significant effect on mandibular intercanine distance (MIcD) (RME +0.8 mm, SME +0.9 mm) and on and mandibular canine torque (MCT) (RME +3.4°, SME +3.8°). The improvement in transversal and torque measurement did not differ between groups. In conclusion, both rapid and slow maxillary expansion protocols have a significant medium-term widening effect on the mandibular first molars and canines.

Basically means expanding the maxilla will also widen the mandible (it was done using expanders so no specific "oral posture" caused it, simply a reaction from the expansion, and SME expands the mandible more than RPE, like the theory claims as it gives more time for bone to grow.
So if i were to get MSE and expanded slower while supplementing in k2 d3 hgh etc I could see some mandible gains too? or should i just go hard core and break the suture in a few days

but a palate expander isn't enough
I have a narrow palate
does this change anything?
i don't really know tbh but i think mse exists to open the suture of the palate and yours is probably still open cause you're young

• +1
:feelstastyman:Just stop coping theory

i don't think it matters in which way the force is going. this is just about what areas are put under stress. just by looking at people in public or on the internet i am very convinced that people with longer ramus bones (-> more chewing) generally have wider dental arches, wouldn't you agree?

going back to your theory, in order to justify your theory you have to explain in more detail how the stretching of the cartilage which connects the mandible to the zygomatic bone stimulates mandibular growth. if this cartilage is stretched outward then it should put more stress on the mandible, though is this really enough to affect the growth? what do you suggest?
I seriously doubt there are any studies on this specifically so it will probably just main speculation for now, i did find a study that shows expansion of maxilla alters the TMJ relationship but that is probably the best I will get studies wise
So if i were to get MSE and expanded slower while supplementing in k2 d3 hgh etc I could see some mandible gains too? or should i just go hard core and break the suture in a few days
this is just speculation but thinking about it more since the RPE mandible gains are so similar to SME gains it is probably fine to rapidly expand with mse and it seems the mandible will catch up regardless the expansion speed given enough time

I seriously doubt there are any studies on this specifically so it will probably just main speculation for now, i did find a study that shows expansion of maxilla alters the TMJ relationship but that is probably the best I will get studies wise
if mse prevents wisdom teeth pain and removal then why doesn't everyone get it??
can I get it if im 15 would they allow it

if mse prevents wisdom teeth pain and removal then why doesn't everyone get it??
can I get it if im 15 would they allow it
It’s a much more recent method, and for younger people regular palate expanders aren’t that much worse

• +1
It’s a much more recent method, and for younger people regular palate expanders aren’t that much worse
but if im going to expand palate why not just expand entire maxilla?
isn't that more ideal?

but if im going to expand palate why not just expand entire maxilla?
isn't that more ideal?
it is but most orthodontists aren’t concerned about how much skeletal movement you are getting, the only thing they care about is making sure the teeth are aligned which regular palate expanders do fine at

• WTF
it is but most orthodontists aren’t concerned about how much skeletal movement you are getting, the only thing they care about is making sure the teeth are aligned which regular palate expanders do fine at
no
orthojews only care about making cash out of your recessed bones
fuck um

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5683
I fucking hate your AVI. Immediately makes me hate your posts.

• JFL
Fuark I have a virtual consultation for MSE, the doctor only does it if it’s necessary (it’s not for me) so I will have to use this theory and go EXTEME aspie scientist in an attempt to convince her

wish me luck you shitters

• +1
Reactions: Yerico7 and JFLbuddyboyo
i don't really know tbh but i think mse exists to open the suture of the palate and yours is probably still open cause you're young
The sutures in the palate never fully fuse, its like the skull, the sutures never fully fuse, thats why even adaults can expand their palates with an expander, however its more efficient and quickly done in children.

The sutures in the palate never fully fuse, its like the skull, the sutures never fully fuse, thats why even adaults can expand their palates with an expander, however its more efficient and quickly done in children.
yea but you have to split the suture in order to allow it to grow again

• +1
Quick question, i'm getting a regular palate expander and a thing for my jaw to treat my deepbite, what kind of facial changes can i expect from a palate expander at 16?

Quick question, i'm getting a regular palate expander and a thing for my jaw to treat my deepbite, what kind of facial changes can i expect from a palate expander at 16?
slightly wider zygos, wider mouth, wider nose

The zygos/maxilla doesnt

Post it doc

Good thread retard