How to address chronic self-consciousness/ social paranoia?

D

Deleted member 50720

Iron
I want to be clear that I am not writing this to seek pity, maybe one of you can relate to me in one way or another.

Anyways I’ve had this problem for legit years, probably ever since I was a kid.

Just rarely feels like I’m ever actually myself, like soo much of the time I’m just wasting a shit ton of mental energy on maintaining a mask, even to the point of it being subconscious sometimes.

It’s funny because I can actually appear relatively NT, I legit do lofe/jidion-style trolls with my friend in public and play out an entire persona.

I think it might be a symptom of abused dog syndrome to be honest, I’ve basically faced constant rejection my whole life for seemingly no reason. It’s truly weird because I had a great upbringing with a supportive family, but legit no matter the social group, I’ve always been completely outed in one way or another. I moved schools a few times too (come to think of it, I’ve been rejected from 5 different social groups consecutively from when I was a freshman to a senior), but for years I’ve faced constant social paranoia. I think it might be a symptom of social isolation; if I had to describe it, it’s like when you watch a musical at a theatre and there is a bright light shining onto the main character as the audience watches, so imagine that but if the audience hypothetically couldn’t be seen. Maybe this is just my schizo rambling but the point is that it feels like it is practically over for your reputation no matter what you do, and everyone knows it except for you.

If anyone can relate to this on some level, as autistic as it might sound, please reply.

join a sport and get a couple concussions, fastest way to get rid of your inner monologue

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 50720
join a sport and get a couple concussions, fastest way to get rid of your inner monologue
Apparently alcohol poisoning works too

but for years I’ve faced constant social paranoia. I think it might be a symptom of social isolation; if I had to describe it, it’s like when you watch a musical at a theatre and there is a bright light shining onto the main character as the audience watches, so imagine that but if the audience hypothetically couldn’t be seen. Maybe this is just my schizo rambling but the point is that it feels like it is practically over for your reputation no matter what you do, and everyone knows it except for you.

If anyone can relate to this on some level, as autistic as it might sound, please reply.
Like the lonely guy at the restaurant?

• +1
Reactions: Gonthar
Dude this clip is the perfect representation of how it feels, damn.
Well, you can relax - stuff like this doesn't happen anymore, everyone is now glued to their phones in bars, restaurants, public places, social events, etc., you can be all alone and you won't really stand out, no one will notice...

Like the lonely guy at the restaurant?

I’d actually say that it more so feels like everyone is on the verge of staring like that, It’s actually pretty difficult to explain. Constant paranoia.

• +1
Well, you can relax - stuff like this doesn't happen anymore, everyone is now glued to their phones in bars, restaurants, public places, social events, etc., you can be all alone and you won't really stand out, no one will notice...
It’s more so like a reputation thing, it isn’t my presence that is the issue, it’s my reputation.

• Hmm...
It’s more so like a reputation thing, it isn’t my presence that is the issue, it’s my reputation.
No one really cares, everyone is more concerned with their own person than with other people...

No one really cares, everyone is more concerned with their own person than with other people...
Yeah man, it’s just paranoia.

I know exactly what you mean though because I’ve actually tested this in public countless times, it really desensitised me to the threat of being somehow exposed in a public place. Having conversations with strangers, approaching girls, trolling random people. It’s insanely good exposure therapy to be honest, I’ve made good progress.

The self-consciousness is still a problem though, there’s 100% gotta be a subconscious component to it. Same goes for the paranoia, but that’s improved a lot too.

Needless to say I definitely give less fucks now, I don’t know if these issues will truly ever go away completely though.

Bro I was out with my sister and her boyfriend today and asked this librarian about books on Freemasons because I wanted to “Freemasonmax”, and then I asked her if she knew what goy were jfl all with a straight face

• +1
Reactions: Orvka381 and Gonthar
Bro I was out with my sister and her boyfriend today and asked this librarian about books on Freemasons because I wanted to “Freemasonmax”, and then I asked her if she knew what goy were jfl all with a straight face
only do this stuff with a friend

trolling alone is asylum behaviour jfl

with family it's fine
They probably think youve gone insane
Your sister even has a BF while you're getting dopamine spikes from saying the word Goy in public hahahaha:feelsuhh::feelsuhh:

JFL i feel bad for you .

Have some forced conservations everyday you’ll get used to talking

embrace it, it's your body telling you what to avoid

sounds like a typical undiagnosed aspergers upbringing to me

sounds like a typical undiagnosed aspergers upbringing to me
It's not, I genuinely don't seem autistic at all IRL. I know because I've never had trouble making friends, it's just maintaining them that has always been difficult for me.

I just don't have anything in common with a lot of people, over time I have gotten better at finding ways to relate to others though.