How to avoid razor burns/bumps?

D

Deleted member 29980

Iron
Pretty much what it says on the title. No matter how precisely I shave, what razor I use, what shaving cream I put on, I’m always left with red marks where I shaved. Does anyone have any tricks or methods to avoid this?

just steam before u shave and mid shave

• +1
Reactions: humanoidsub7
If you want the real answer...

First wash your face with hot water to open up the pores, next apply shaving cream, after that hold a razor under hot water to heat it up a bit

Now start shaving but shave with the grain not against it, meaning shave in direction of hair growth, don't apply force, just "drag" the razor on your skin and don't forget to find the right angle

When you finish shaving, wash your face with cold water to reduce inflammation and to close the pores and then apply Aftershave without alcohol (moisturizer is ok too)

After I started doing the steps above, I now never experience razor burn nor cuts

PS: double edged razor is the one of the best, don't use those cheap plastic ones from the store

• +1
Reactions: Repentsinner
If you want the real answer...

First wash your face with hot water to open up the pores, next apply shaving cream, after that hold a razor under hot water to heat it up a bit

Now start shaving but shave with the grain not against it, meaning shave in direction of hair growth, don't apply force, just "drag" the razor on your skin and don't forget to find the right angle

When you finish shaving, wash your face with cold water to reduce inflammation and to close the pores and then apply Aftershave without alcohol (moisturizer is ok too)

After I started doing the steps above, I now never experience razor burn nor cuts

PS: double edged razor is the one of the best, don't use those cheap plastic ones from the store
Yeah, but I want to shave against the grain to get rid of all the hair, I don’t look good with a stubble

Yeah, but I want to shave against the grain to get rid of all the hair, I don’t look good with a stubble
That significantly increases the chances of razor burns but I guess, if you insist to do it, the best way would be to do all the steps above before Aftershave and then shave against the grain

That significantly increases the chances of razor burns but I guess, if you insist to do it, the best way would be to do all the steps above before Aftershave and then shave against the grain
Yeah, I’ll have to be more careful… I’m slowly getting better at it :ROFLMAO: