How to begin calisthenics?

D

Deleted member 61701

Bronze
I have done gym for 4-5 months and then left it for 2 months
Now I am confuse whether I should try calisthenics or not ?
What youtube channel should I follow for learning calisthenics from basic

• +1
Reactions: Kiril Velev and rand anon
Just inject man. No point on being natural

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: IMOGYOU, Veganist, Kiril Velev and 1 other person
  • +1
Reactions: Kiril Velev
What skills do you want to learn I have planche push up and shit been training for a couple years I can probably help

• +1
Reactions: rand anon

Chris heria, and unironically, old Austin Dunham videos jfl

Before I gave up working out entirely I used to love calisthenics, mogs the gym/weightlifting hard. Yeah def give it a try. If ur a complete noob start with something like negative pull-ups

• +1

Before I gave up working out entirely I used to love calisthenics, mogs the gym/weightlifting hard. Yeah def give it a try. If ur a complete noob start with something like negative pull-ups
To be honest I can't manage to do even a single pull ups
But I am able to do 15-20 push ups with perfect form ( as per my gym trainer)
Why is it so ?

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Kiril Velev, Gonthar and rand anon

Bro can u tell me my current bf % by looking at my face , can I DM u?

• +1
What skills do you want to learn I have planche push up and shit been training for a couple years I can probably help
I wish I could do advance skills but I can't even do planche , I could bench press 70 kg for 5 reps but I am not good at controlling my own body weight
I want to get the control of my own body by doing calisthenics
I used to like big body builders but now I prefer the lean athletic look

• +1
Why is it so ?
Could be different reasons, either u aren't utilizing the proper muscles (proper pull ups rely on ur back muscles) and/or u are, but they just are underdeveloped. Either way, negative or assisted pullups will help with that

• +1
  • +1
Reactions: Kiril Velev and Deleted member 61701
Could be different reasons, either u aren't utilizing the proper muscles (proper pull ups rely on ur back muscles) and/or u are, but they just are underdeveloped. Either way, negative or assisted pullups will help with that
Can u tell me by this stats
I could bench row 56-60 kg and do 15 reps of 35-40 kg lat pulldown (this might be low but I am only 17.5 years old)
Are my back muscles weak
I am 186 cm and 70 kg , I think my body weight is normal for my height
But it might be due to my weak forearms my wrist is very thin

• +1
Reactions: rand anon and Kiril Velev
I wish I could do advance skills but I can't even do planche , I could bench press 70 kg for 5 reps but I am not good at controlling my own body weight
I want to get the control of my own body by doing calisthenics
I used to like big body builders but now I prefer the lean athletic look
Just remember to never over complicate and overthink shit just do basics (push ups, dips, pull ups, etc.) do your skills (tuck planche, tuck fl, hand stand push ups or just hand stand, etc.) eat well train hard with correct form and thats it also you can hop on gear something light like mk677 or anything really if you want

• +1
Reactions: rand anon and Deleted member 61701
So u slayer?
Quite the opposite sir , I am very ugly 😭
So I just want to love myself and my body
Therefore wants to do calisthenics to get connect my mind with my body

• +1
Reactions: Kiril Velev and Cutecel2001
Just remember to never over complicate and overthink shit just do basics (push ups, dips, pull ups, etc.) do your skills (tuck planche, tuck fl, hand stand push ups or just hand stand, etc.) eat well train hard with correct form and thats it also you can hop on gear something light like mk677 or anything really if you want
What amount of sets and rep range should I start with for push ups , crunches and bodyweight squats ? I am thinking to develop my tricep strength first as I can't do pull ups rn

• +1
What amount of sets and rep range should I start with for push ups , crunches and bodyweight squats ? I am thinking to develop my tricep strength first as I can't do pull ups rn
Just close to failure exact number is irrelevant no one cares if it’s 13 or 16 or shit like that for sets don’t do more than 5 of one exercise for gym stuff it’s a must to watch Geoffrey Verity Schofield

• +1
Reactions: rand anon and Deleted member 61701
Just close to failure exact number is irrelevant no one cares if it’s 13 or 16 or shit like that for sets don’t do more than 5 of one exercise for gym stuff it’s a must to watch Geoffrey Verity Schofield
Thanks for ur help bro
I have written all the recommended youtube channels name bro
Time to begin the journey
Also shall we need to include stretches for improving flexibility during calisthenics
Does increasing flexibility helps to gain control while performing skills ?

• +1
Reactions: rand anon and Kiril Velev
inject

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Kiril Velev and Deleted member 61701
Thanks for ur help bro
I have written all the recommended youtube channels name bro
Time to begin the journey
Also shall we need to include stretches for improving flexibility during calisthenics
Does increasing flexibility helps to gain control while performing skills ?
You should stretch lower body but I don’t do it you decide and it doesn’t improve control it’s the opposite the more flexible you are the less stable you are you can see this everywhere in nature it’s a reverse proportion

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 61701
You should stretch lower body but I don’t do it you decide and it doesn’t improve control it’s the opposite the more flexible you are the less stable you are you can see this everywhere in nature it’s a reverse proportion
Btw can u clear my confusion
U can see a lot of people with shredded bodies maybe around 8-12% bf but there face doesn't look lean is it genetics
Is it possible that my face may not get defined even if I lean down
What factors could be behind it ?

Btw can u clear my confusion
U can see a lot of people with shredded bodies maybe around 8-12% bf but there face doesn't look lean is it genetics
Is it possible that my face may not get defined even if I lean down
What factors could be behind it ?
A couple things keep in mind if you have a huge amount of muscle it pushes your veins and you look lean but you aren’t really model level also of course shit structure and genetics maybe sometimes water retention it’s a lot of factors

Why is it so ?
Because your genetics are crap

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 61701
A couple things keep in mind if you have a huge amount of muscle it pushes your veins and you look lean but you aren’t really model level also of course shit structure and genetics maybe sometimes water retention it’s a lot of factors
I have send u a DM can we talk there ?