How to fix darkness under eyes, infraorbital implant?

D

Deleted member 45270

Iron
@RealSurgerymax

Darkness under my eyes all the time, little bit baggy sometimes too. Contacted all kinds of eye doctors noone has been able to fix it for me. Some say blepharoplasty might help but idk.

Would infraorbital implants help? I tried fillers and I just got bloated and the darkness did not go away so I dissolved the fillers after two years. Would adding volume in this area really help?

Any good eye doctor that can fix this?

• +1
Reactions: ScramFranklin and RoyaleWithCheese
The droopy eyelids are the bigger issue imo. There's barely any under eye darkness. You have severe scleral show and your upper eyelids are also drooping down over the pupils

• +1
Reactions: RoyaleWithCheese
I have a similar issue and am leaning towards trying infras. Also Joshua is right, your UEE is a much bigger concern. I would prioritize blepharaoplasty, though it probably makes most sense to get both procedures done in the same surgery.

• +1
Reactions: Zonar
The droopy eyelids are the bigger issue imo. There's barely any under eye darkness. You have severe scleral show and your upper eyelids are also drooping down over the pupils
Damn is it really that bad. How can I fix it then? I read about ptosis surgery but was unsure if it would maybe cause my eyes to look too open afterwards but what do you think?

I have a similar issue and am leaning towards trying infras. Also Joshua is right, your UEE is a much bigger concern. I would prioritize blepharaoplasty, though it probably makes most sense to get both procedures done in the same surgery.
Blepharoplaty to get rid of UEE? Or ptosis surgery? Or are they the same

The thing that I am wondering about the infraorbital implants is, how would they help me get rid of the darkness when fillers did not? Both provide volume but fillers provided volume and darkness did not go away

Damn is it really that bad. How can I fix it then? I read about ptosis surgery but was unsure if it would maybe cause my eyes to look too open afterwards but what do you think?
If you get lower lid retraction to fix scleral show as well as ptosis surgery which raises the upper eyelid then the eyes won't look too open because both eyelids will be going up. I am not sure if infras are necessary as it seems you have a neutral orbital vector from the side already

If you get lower lid retraction to fix scleral show as well as ptosis surgery which raises the upper eyelid then the eyes won't look too open because both eyelids will be going up. I am not sure if infras are necessary as it seems you have a neutral orbital vector from the side already
Damn, but then I would have to get both surgeries I thought only the uee would be enough in my case. Didnt know my lower eyelid was lacking too

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 40761
Damn, but then I would have to get both surgeries I thought only the uee would be enough in my case. Didnt know my lower eyelid was lacking too
I'm saying lower lid retraction because of the scleral show. It's when the whites under your pupil are showing slightly

I'm saying lower lid retraction because of the scleral show. It's when the whites under your pupil are showing slightly
mmmm ok I see what u mean now. fuck. who do u recommend for this type of surgery in Europe preferably

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 40761
mmmm ok I see what u mean now. fuck. who do u recommend for this type of surgery in Europe preferably
I'm not knowledgeable about eye surgrons currently. All I've heard of is doctor taban. But some people here say he is overpriced

You have much bigger issues than that :

-Subhuman upper eyelid exposure
-Mega scleral show

Get cantho + lower eyelid retraction surgery + periorbital fat graft to fix dark circles and unsightly uee.

Go to Bernardini.

You have much bigger issues than that :

-Subhuman upper eyelid exposure
-Mega scleral show

Get cantho + lower eyelid retraction surgery + periorbital fat graft to fix dark circles and unsightly uee.

Go to Bernardini.
Whats the difference between canthoplasty and ptosis surgery? How can I know which is better for me, everyone are saying different things

edit:
The main reason for the scleral show without history of trauma surgery,is weak bony support of the eye. The loss of the elasticity is another reason for the scleral show. -Kamran Khoobehi, MD

While it is true that people with strong cheek bones have excellent support for the lower eyelid and tend to hold their lower eyelids well as they age, the opposite can be true for people with weak cheek bone support. Large eyes, relatively flat cheeks, or heavy cheek pads are associated with gradual inferior scleral show. Generally these changes are acceptable cosmetically and in some cases the large eyed look associated with a little inferior scleral show is often considered a desirable feature.
What do you think about if I just fix my UEE first, then later see what happens if I get infraorbital implants for bad under eye support? Maybe it will get fixed by that?

Last edited:
bumpbumpbumpbump

bumpbump

as usual based greycel trying to get surgeries while niggas with 5k posts keep rotting

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 45270
Darkness is solved by fat graft because it's under skin and goes to hide capillaries that give that purple-blue coloration. Suborbital implants are directly on the bone and don't change color I guess

Darkness is solved by fat graft because it's under skin and goes to hide capillaries that give that purple-blue coloration. Suborbital implants are directly on the bone and don't change color I guess
What about fillers? Why didnt fillers fix my darkness?

And capilarries that your talking about isnt that just when the veins are showing or is that what makes the whole area purple darkish?

The darkish color can be caused by swollen capillaries due to allergies (so inflammation) or hypermelanosis or both, while recessed infraorbital rims create a shadow effect that makes dark circles worse. Infras alone wont solve pigmentation problems. Pick your skin under the eyes and see if it's actually darker than the rest of your skin.

The darkish color can be caused by swollen capillaries due to allergies (so inflammation) or hypermelanosis or both, while recessed infraorbital rims create a shadow effect that makes dark circles worse. Infras alone wont solve pigmentation problems. Pick your skin under the eyes and see if it's actually darker than the rest of your skin.
I have been to many different doctors and I think they said it was a pigmentation issue. Do you think fat graft would help in that case?

Could I dm you a few pics?