How to fix Overbite?

tooLOW

tooLOW

Ropemaxxing soon
I have 7mm Overbite, my question is can it be fixed with mewing or surgery is the only option?

Height>182cm
Age>17
Male

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: Nims and BugeyeBigNoseCurry
Height>182cm
How is that relevant? Just trying to flex on us manlets :feelswhy:.

Im almost 100% sure you wont fix a 7mm overbite with mewing go to an orthadontist and see what they suggest they might suggest braces or surgery I doubt they will suggest surgery though as usually jaw surgery is only performed on adults at least in the UK but you will need to see what they suggest.

• +1
Reactions: studymaxxer, justbedeadtheory, tooLOW and 2 others
orthodontics

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: tooLOW and BugeyeBigNoseCurry
Or don't touch the bite

• +1
Reactions: tooLOW
i asked my orthodontist and said i need surgery first, and surgery is expensive as fuck.
What did he recommend would you get your mandible advanced? I would probably try get a consultation with a maxillo surgeon to see what they would suggest.

• +1
Overbite isn't bad imo he should just wait and get surgery
He might need maxillary or mandibular skeletal expansion, devices are more affordable and less invasive than surgery.

• +1
Reactions: tooLOW and Nims
He might need maxillary or mandibular skeletal expansion, devices are more affordable and less invasive than surgery.
He needs repositioning of the jaws

• +1
well they said they will extend my mandible forward and fix the rest with braces and shit. normally i would do it but it costs 5000 euro
so my parents cant fucking pay it.

• So Sad
Reactions: Moggie
How is that relevant? Just trying to flex on us manlets :feelswhy:.

Im almost 100% sure you wont fix a 7mm overbite with mewing go to an orthadontist and see what they suggest they might suggest braces or surgery I doubt they will suggest surgery though as usually jaw surgery is only performed on adults at least in the UK but you will need to see what they suggest.
I dont try to flex i see people ask age and stuff so they can give a more valid opinion.

• +1
Reactions: Nims
Its double jaw surgery so they would bring your maxilla (top jaw) and your mandible (bottom jaw) forward.
Has he had a scan? He might only need to advance the lower jaw.

• +1
Has he had a scan? He might only need to advance the lower jaw.
I dont think so

It's best you get a cephalogram @tooLOW to know exactly what you need done.

• +1
Reactions: Moggie and tooLOW
Its double jaw surgery so they would bring your maxilla (top jaw) and your mandible (bottom jaw) forward.
well i think its not an option for me

my face is not that recessed my chin and maxilla is forward grown

problem is i have a broken tooth since childhood which messed up the positioning of my teeth and resulted an overbite.

• +1
Reactions: Nims
I have 7mm Overbite, my question is can it be fixed with mewing or surgery is the only option?

Height>182cm
Age>17
Male
Mewing doesn't fix shit. It doesn't work, genetics are king. Get surgery and stop being a faggot and make sure they move jaw forward not maxilla back.

Do not go for braces.