how to get rid of the nasolabial fold with PDO threads.

Masha Allah

• +1
Reactions: Orc
can't be much worse than doing the side of your chest, I had to awkwardly pinch the skin with one hand and put the needle in with the other.
ok im clown nosed not leaving the house for a week

• JFL
Reactions: NoReedemingFeature, Bobelbrah, Orc and 1 other person
Good thread.
I‘ll try this after my Trimax

• +1
tl;dr before and after:
View attachment 2752557View attachment 2752558

Medical Disclaimer:

all of the material provided in this thread, such as the text, treatment, dosages, photographs, and outcomes and any other material provided in this thread are for informational purposes only and are not a substitute for professional medical advice or treatment.
always week the advice of your physician or another qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your health, never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read in this thread.

I do not recommend you do this, but here I will explain what I did.

probably good to begin with this in case you're wondering, what even are pdo threads? well they're basically solid strings made of polydioxanone that act as any other filler.

what differentiates them from other fillers though, is the precision and control you have over where they go, and they do not migrate (unless you fuck up while moving the needle out) they also do not cause occlusions, these factors combined makes them ideal for diy.

they slowly break down in the body and produce collagen which can last up to two years, but usually about a year or so.

there's several types of threads, you'll probably find a lot of negative comments on the subject if you were to google it, these are mostly about the barbed threads that you won't be using, and regular ones done by doctors who are absolutely ripping off their patients with these at the moment and asking 400$ for 5$ worth of threads (that's for monos, the barbed type costs even more up to 2k+)

barbed threads are for pulling on sagging skin, there's also mono threads which provide structural support and a bit of volume and are easy to control, and screw threads which create even more volume than mono threads but are a tad harder to control, there's also pcl types, these last longer than pdo, they've got these in mono, screw, etc, too.

the threads I used are PDO mono's, I went with these because their effects aren't overbearing, you won't accidentally add too much volume in an area because of this.

my goal was to create a 'net' as you will that provides support to the skin in the nasolabial fold and prevents it from sagging and tighten the skin.

here's a simple diagram of what I went for.

View attachment 2752525

you'll probably think to yourself, does this mean you have to be super cautious as to which ones are on top and which at the bottom? the answer to that is no, it actually doesn't really matter.

as long as the wires are somewhat intertwined they'll provide structural support to each other regardless of which is above or below.

here's a picture of the needles in my face in case you don't believe I actually did this, I used 18 threads in total, 9 in both sides, I also added 8 screw types in the lower portion later but these are still in trial (it's only been like a week or so since I placed these)

View attachment 2752549

you won't be able to get them in all at once, I did 6 first, then added more to the 'top layer', the purple line is where the needle enters, you don't need to get it absolutely perfect and you do not need to follow this specific pattern, although it did work for me so it's probably good.

here's the before:

View attachment 2752529

here's the after

View attachment 2752531

keep in mind, this is the absolute worst light imaginable that'll give anyone visible nasolabial folds, they're invisible from any other angle, and weren't very prominent even in the first picture in reality.

this is with frontal light, the others were taken with light coming from the side that'll make even the smallest depression visible.

View attachment 2752542

some other angles in case you're not convinced.
View attachment 2752544View attachment 2752548

the skin 'glow' is from centella by the way, it's unrelated but I have some issues with skin flaking from tretinoin and it helps with that.

some videos on it, so you know how the process goes.

the usage of these threads isn't limited to the mid-face by the way, you can tighten pretty much any skin with it, here's the submental area.

you can even flip the lips with them and correct the corners of your mouth.

either way, you've probably got lots of questions like:

why use these instead of regular filler? because unlike regular fillers there's pretty much no risk of getting an occlusion from these, which makes them safer for DIY, an occlusion means you block a vein which can potentially make you go blind, the main risk is bruising which while looking quite bad isn't dangerous.

besides that, they're also easier to use, and cheap as fuck, you can import them for a euro each from korea, the entire procedure I did cost me 20 euros.

and where do you get them? they're literally over the counter, you can just google them, they're offered on default shopping websites like amazon.

how long do they last? the thread takes between 6 and 12 months to dissolve and the collagen that forms as a result can last up to two years, there's PCL type threads that can last longer than that, I wouldn't use those in case you mess up.

will I see a difference right away? unlike fillers you don't, it takes a while for them to fully intregrate into the skin, don't expect the full results to show until 4+ weeks later, don't use too many threads you can always add more later, although they provide a little bit of lift right away.

what size needle did you use? the option I went with was 30g, they've got 25mm threads and the needle was 30mm.

it took me a while to make this thread, not as in the time that went into writing this, but I had to wait several weeks for the results and watch for side effects.

do a facelift nigga

• +1
Reactions: buflek and SteveRogers
DIY cosmetic procedure sounds risky but interesting thread and amazing results

• +1
Was waiting for this. Thanks Orc !

• +1
Sooo
Can this debloat
Or is that not how it works

Can you make a tutorial for a slight eyebrowlift?

Honestly I wanted to back out when I saw how thick nose skin is but I already had the syringes filled.

Not keen on doing this again unless I find a more accurate way to locate the fat pad. I pricked my fingers in my nostrils going thru a few times.

The feeling in your nose tip is very odd after.
If you see any real results the subsequent thread will be at the top of botb for fucking weeks man.

tl;dr before and after:
View attachment 2752557View attachment 2752558

Medical Disclaimer:

all of the material provided in this thread, such as the text, treatment, dosages, photographs, and outcomes and any other material provided in this thread are for informational purposes only and are not a substitute for professional medical advice or treatment.
always week the advice of your physician or another qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your health, never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read in this thread.

I do not recommend you do this, but here I will explain what I did.

probably good to begin with this in case you're wondering, what even are pdo threads? well they're basically solid strings made of polydioxanone that act as any other filler.

what differentiates them from other fillers though, is the precision and control you have over where they go, and they do not migrate (unless you fuck up while moving the needle out) they also do not cause occlusions, these factors combined makes them ideal for diy.

they slowly break down in the body and produce collagen which can last up to two years, but usually about a year or so.

there's several types of threads, you'll probably find a lot of negative comments on the subject if you were to google it, these are mostly about the barbed threads that you won't be using, and regular ones done by doctors who are absolutely ripping off their patients with these at the moment and asking 400$ for 5$ worth of threads (that's for monos, the barbed type costs even more up to 2k+)

barbed threads are for pulling on sagging skin, there's also mono threads which provide structural support and a bit of volume and are easy to control, and screw threads which create even more volume than mono threads but are a tad harder to control, there's also pcl types, these last longer than pdo, they've got these in mono, screw, etc, too.

the threads I used are PDO mono's, I went with these because their effects aren't overbearing, you won't accidentally add too much volume in an area because of this.

my goal was to create a 'net' as you will that provides support to the skin in the nasolabial fold and prevents it from sagging and tighten the skin.

here's a simple diagram of what I went for.

View attachment 2752525

you'll probably think to yourself, does this mean you have to be super cautious as to which ones are on top and which at the bottom? the answer to that is no, it actually doesn't really matter.

as long as the wires are somewhat intertwined they'll provide structural support to each other regardless of which is above or below.

here's a picture of the needles in my face in case you don't believe I actually did this, I used 18 threads in total, 9 in both sides, I also added 8 screw types in the lower portion later but these are still in trial (it's only been like a week or so since I placed these)

View attachment 2752549

you won't be able to get them in all at once, I did 6 first, then added more to the 'top layer', the purple line is where the needle enters, you don't need to get it absolutely perfect and you do not need to follow this specific pattern, although it did work for me so it's probably good.

here's the before:

View attachment 2752529

here's the after

View attachment 2752531

keep in mind, this is the absolute worst light imaginable that'll give anyone visible nasolabial folds, they're invisible from any other angle, and weren't very prominent even in the first picture in reality.

this is with frontal light, the others were taken with light coming from the side that'll make even the smallest depression visible.

View attachment 2752542

some other angles in case you're not convinced.
View attachment 2752544View attachment 2752548

the skin 'glow' is from centella by the way, it's unrelated but I have some issues with skin flaking from tretinoin and it helps with that.

some videos on it, so you know how the process goes.

the usage of these threads isn't limited to the mid-face by the way, you can tighten pretty much any skin with it, here's the submental area.

you can even flip the lips with them and correct the corners of your mouth.

either way, you've probably got lots of questions like:

why use these instead of regular filler? because unlike regular fillers there's pretty much no risk of getting an occlusion from these, which makes them safer for DIY, an occlusion means you block a vein which can potentially make you go blind, the main risk is bruising which while looking quite bad isn't dangerous.

besides that, they're also easier to use, and cheap as fuck, you can import them for a euro each from korea, the entire procedure I did cost me 20 euros.

and where do you get them? they're literally over the counter, you can just google them, they're offered on default shopping websites like amazon.

how long do they last? the thread takes between 6 and 12 months to dissolve and the collagen that forms as a result can last up to two years, there's PCL type threads that can last longer than that, I wouldn't use those in case you mess up.

will I see a difference right away? unlike fillers you don't, it takes a while for them to fully intregrate into the skin, don't expect the full results to show until 4+ weeks later, don't use too many threads you can always add more later, although they provide a little bit of lift right away.

what size needle did you use? the option I went with was 30g, they've got 25mm threads and the needle was 30mm.

it took me a while to make this thread, not as in the time that went into writing this, but I had to wait several weeks for the results and watch for side effects.

Can you link me the place where you got them? @Orc

@Orc would you think fat transfer would be more effective than this, if the cost is not an issue?

• +1
Reactions: MixedWhite
How often would you need to renew this? Thx for sharing.

• +1
How often would you need to renew this? Thx for sharing.
once a year or so at most, but I'll post updates, and you're probably not going to have to do every thread every year just whenever you see some decline.

there's threads that last up to two/three years, reason I don't use those is because I'm still practicing.

• +1
Reactions: Bobelbrah and infini
by the way they can be used to tighten the jawline as well underneath the jaw, it might even be possible to lift the hyoid a little.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: buflek, Bobelbrah and infini
I can’t tell if I have nasolabial folds or smile lines, I’m 18 btw

I can’t tell if I have nasolabial folds or smile lines, I’m 18 btw
most people do, they're not always visible depending on the light, you were barely even able to see mine even in the before but I still dislike them, they didn't even show on pictures most of the time just in car windows and shit.

they're not age related either, had them my entire life, figured might as well do something about it.

most people do, they're not always visible depending on the light, you were barely even able to see mine even in the before but I still dislike them, they didn't even show on pictures most of the time just in car windows and shit.

they're not age related either, had them my entire life, figured might as well do something about it.
I have the exact same thing

I have the exact same thing
pretty much everyone has this, they're way less visible than you think in reality.

but I still hate them.

• +1
Reactions: ottomancel

Is it noticeable to other people or is it just a mental thing

pretty much everyone has this, they're way less visible than you think in reality.

but I still hate them.
I know I’m a graycel but can I ask you something that’s slightly retarded in pms, if not it’s cool

Is it noticeable to other people or is it just a mental thing
it's mental, you only notice it on yourself.

if you stare enough at people in real life you'll realize almost everyone has them and they aren't really that prominent, even when they're deep they somehow don't stand out much.

• +1
Reactions: ottomancel
how's the swelling, post an update.
went down significantly, nose still feels sore

left my house for first time today

• +1
Reactions: Bobelbrah
probably too early to see any changes yet, but no dent or sagging right?
nah, no ill effects other than soreness

• +1
Reactions: Bobelbrah
by the way the lip ones hurt the most.

View attachment 2752563

this is what I installed to pull the corners of my lip outwards, lift the philtrum and balance out asymmetry, will post an update on that when they've settled.
Bro, what an elite user you’ve become.

• JFL
they also work for under-eye support by the way, but it's quite tricky and the only area where I ended up with some minor bruising.

View attachment 2752603

I did them on only one side of my face because the skin on the other side is tighter for some reason, you do not have to be symmetrical when you install these because your face isn't symmetrical to begin with.
Can it lift the lower lid?

Also, I found this;
68FB5FEA 8FA3 47AE 93B4 D871733486EF

It claims to be a thread lift; this would be fucking revolutionary; striking, minimal UEE eyes from a few bucks that just needs a once yearly DIY top up!?

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Chintuck22
Can it lift the lower lid?

Also, I found this;
View attachment 2760575
It claims to be a thread lift; this would be fucking revolutionary; striking, minimal UEE eyes from a few bucks that just needs a once yearly DIY top up!?
those are barbed threads, they tend to snap after a few months.

but yeah fox/cat eye lifts are done with threads.

• +1
Reactions: SteveRogers
those are barbed threads, they tend to snap after a few months.

but yeah fox/cat eye lifts are done with threads.
Yeah I realise upon more research, however, I still think this could be achieved somewhat via mono.
What do you think?
Like the horizontal crease of the lateral canthus being achieved by “pulling” just below that area - so inserting a mono PDO thread (or a number of them) pointing outwards and very slightly upwards from a few mm below the lateral canthus.
I know you don’t have to worry about this, I remember your eyes being really good, and having that shape due to genetics, but do you think this could be achieved?
Also, what reading material / videos did you use to gather your knowledge, just so I can too be somewhat proficient in the practice.

Yeah I realise upon more research, however, I still think this could be achieved somewhat via mono.
What do you think?
Like the horizontal crease of the lateral canthus being achieved by “pulling” just below that area - so inserting a mono PDO thread (or a number of them) pointing outwards and very slightly upwards from a few mm below the lateral canthus.
I know you don’t have to worry about this, I remember your eyes being really good, and having that shape due to genetics, but do you think this could be achieved?
Also, what reading material / videos did you use to gather your knowledge, just so I can too be somewhat proficient in the practice.

it is possible apparently.

I'd use the screw types for this they provide more lift.

• +1

it is possible apparently.

I'd use the screw types for this they provide more lift.

I don’t want any more volume near my temple region nor increase my bizygomatic; do the mono PDOs add “bulk” like filler if used in that area?
As I said in the other post, my idea is to get the lateral canthus crease and/or lift the lower lid - does the direction in which you insert the thread matter? I see everyone go from outside in, so perhaps it pulls in the opposite manner to what I was thinking.
Would you consider DIYing the screw type?

I don’t want any more volume near my temple region nor increase my bizygomatic; do the mono PDOs add “bulk” like filler if used in that area?
As I said in the other post, my idea is to get the lateral canthus crease and/or lift the lower lid - does the direction in which you insert the thread matter? I see everyone go from outside in, so perhaps it pulls in the opposite manner to what I was thinking.
Would you consider DIYing the screw type?
monos don't add much volume to skin that's already flat, they can provide lift in areas that are uneven by pulling the skin up, but it still requires the support of the surrounding skin for that to happen, on their own all they can do is is pull on your skin a little among the line that's been placed but their bulk is pretty much invisible.

they go from the outside because your nose is in the way if you went from the inside, you can go from below though.

I have some screw types, just no barbed types.

• +1
by the way the lip ones hurt the most.

View attachment 2752563

this is what I installed to pull the corners of my lip outwards, lift the philtrum and balance out asymmetry, will post an update on that when they've settled.
looking forward to this update. youre using the threads to decrease philtrum length and widen lips? sounds very tempting

• +1
Reactions: blondepersonreal and SteveRogers
looking forward to this update. youre using the threads to decrease philtrum length and widen lips? sounds very tempting
mostly just fixing some asymmetry and rolling the outside corners outwards, although that does tend to make your mouth look wider.

already got some results from it.

• +1
Do you think this would work for acne scars?
Since mines are getting worser with the day due to drinking every day and smoking a pack a day that destroys my collagen at a alarming pace

Do you think this would work for acne scars?
Since mines are getting worser with the day due to drinking every day and smoking a pack a day that destroys my collagen at a alarming pace
yes.

• +1
Reactions: nofap
How often have you done it yourself?
And isn’t your skin more sensitive afterwards for the sun or in general?

These are the threads we actually need instead of social rejects spamming their autism on this site

How often have you done it yourself?
And isn’t your skin more sensitive afterwards for the sun or in general?

These are the threads we actually need instead of social rejects spamming their autism on this site
I've done 40+ threads in my face so far and all of them went well, I also have a bunch in my chest those didn't go as well but they aren't problematic or anything, the curvature was just insanely awkward, even if you put a thread in too shallow and it's visible through the skin they lose their color after a few days and are pretty much invisible.

skin just looks tighter afterwards, it can look a bit bloated for a while from the inflammation.

insanely good thread, you are the only reason why I keep logging from time to time on this shithole

• +1
Reactions: SteveRogers and Orc
mostly just fixing some asymmetry and rolling the outside corners outwards, although that does tend to make your mouth look wider.

already got some results from it.
Wouldn’t the threads cause asymmetry tho? How are you using to fix it
Also how bad is the under eye bruising

Wouldn’t the threads cause asymmetry tho? How are you using to fix it
Also how bad is the under eye bruising
no, you put them in areas that are less tight than the other side of your face.

it went away after a week or so, looked weird for a day or 3.

• +1
no, you put them in areas that are less tight than the other side of your face.

it went away after a week or so, looked weird for a day or 3.
Interesting
Looking forward to your results when do u think they will be done

Interesting
Looking forward to your results when do u think they will be done
I think it peaks around 6 months? Just gets better and better over time, they say that last 6-12 months but the collagen will for up to 2 years, so for something that is extremely cheap and lasts 1 year to be conservative, a 15 minute DIY procedure is surely the way to go.
I can see this ascending some people up to a full PSL.

• +1
Reactions: Chintuck22 and Orc
I think it peaks around 6 months? Just gets better and better over time, they say that last 6-12 months but the collagen will for up to 2 years, so for something that is extremely cheap and lasts 1 year to be conservative, a 15 minute DIY procedure is surely the way to go.
I can see this ascending some people up to a full PSL.
Yes this can def ascend a lot of ppl
Only problem I see is the asymmetry it could cause

Yes this can def ascend a lot of ppl
Only problem I see is the asymmetry it could cause
if one side of your face is tighter than the other you can just add threads to the side that's looser and not add them to the other side, it's not that complicated.